English cricket thread

Big fan of Naseem and Shaheen, but they're just talents right now. I'm not aware of Pakistan domestic resources but surely there will be better finished pace bowlers than them right now?

They seem to be learning at job which is okay for one young pacer but overkill for both.
It has definitely been a struggle for them both, averaging over 50 with the ball in England conditions is very poor.
Azhar Ali hasn’t helped them, didn’t seem to have any plans to get them out. After tea on the first day they he should have said both Crawley & Buttler will play the short ball so give them some chin music for 4 overs each. No variety at all from any of the quicks. Abbas has been mediocre at best as well for Pakistan thought he would be a real handful in England conditions, but once they started batting out of their crease he had no answers.

Maybe Broad isn’t the guy to replace Root as captain (if they’re thinking of changing), would run out of reviews in his first over

Apparently Fawad Alam has the best FC record of any Pakistani batsman ever. Yet this is his 5th test at the age of 35?

What's going on there?

Apparently Fawad Alam has the best FC record of any Pakistani batsman ever. Yet this is his 5th test at the age of 35?

What's going on there?
I know it doesn’t make any sense. It’s not like Ramprakash & Hick who had fantastic FC records but just bombed at test level, hasn’t been given the chance to fail

It has definitely been a struggle for them both, averaging over 50 with the ball in England conditions is very poor.
Azhar Ali hasn’t helped them, didn’t seem to have any plans to get them out. After tea on the first day they he should have said both Crawley & Buttler will play the short ball so give them some chin music for 4 overs each. No variety at all from any of the quicks. Abbas has been mediocre at best as well for Pakistan thought he would be a real handful in England conditions, but once they started batting out of their crease he had no answers.

I was going to make this point. Abbas has still bowled nicely, but this tour has shown up his limitations a fair amount. Luckily Rizwan is a good keeper, but even he seems reluctant to be up to the stumps constantly. Not really sure there's any alternative though, you have to keep batsmen in their crease or he's toothless.

Also ever since his 10'fer at Lords I think the English batsmen are really comfortable against Yasir Shah in England. In fact I just looked it up and in his 6 tests in England since that 10'fer he averages 50 with the ball.

Also ever since his 10'fer at Lords I think the English batsmen are really comfortable against Yasir Shah in England. In fact I just looked it up and in his 6 tests in England since that 10'fer he averages 50 with the ball.

Pretty ineffective outside of Asia and Windies. I think if Pakistan have any sort of ambitions of winning in SA, Aus or Eng they need to move on from him in these conditions. Mould Shadab as a batting all rounder at 7 and play the extra seamer. You're never going to win when you have a spinner bowling 10 overs in the opening session of the match in England.

'Look how quick Archer run in there, that'll be his quickest ball of the match'

*Speed gun showing a 86 mph ball*

Never change Warnie.

Never change Warnie.

That whole spell was jarring to listen to. Even Keys is at it now.

Rizwan’s been my player of the series for Pakistan. Gritty innings again & looks a very good WK. Hope he goes on & gets his century.

Azhar’s most likely earned a stay of execution with this knock. Still don’t think he should be captain but a very good innings in the circumstances. Needs to keep going...

The obsession with Archer's pace is something else.

I find myself having to mute commentary more often these days, whenever Archer is bowling is one example. Cricket commentators are still a class apart but I think there's been a noticeable decline in quality.

I thought Buttler wasn’t a good WK :(

English cricket has a weird habit of picking away at things that are working for their players, and making a big deal out of little things.

Archers pace and Buttler's keeping is a few of those things.

English cricket has a weird habit of picking away at things that are working for their players, and making a big deal out of little things.

Archers pace and Buttler's keeping is a few of those things.

Well nah it's because Buttler's kept shit this summer.

He's having a very good test, and let's hope his keeping has recovered with his confidence, but it doesn't mean the criticism wasn't legitimate.

Weird from Atherton on Archer's compression sleeve, he's always worn one and it's not a 'bandage'.

:lol: Anderson dropped for the 3rd time in consecutive overs and then Broad gets a quality run out anyway as everybody was frozen in shock.

Never change Warnie.
He seems very keen to big up his Rajasthan players. Maybe they all share an agent or something?

Good thing they didn't take that extra half an hour in the morning because they checked the forecast.

If the commentators shut up, we could hear the umpires conversation...

Someone tell Younis we’re 310 runs behind. Stop clapping so much!

feck these so called umpires, any excuse not to let the cricket run
The fact they said play will still start at 11:00 it is utter BS