English cricket thread

Any views or predications for England declaration?

I think England should bat til 30 mins after tea, with 550 on the board.

Anyone old enough to remember when Pakistan scored 708 in first innings vs England at Oval? Miandad got 260z

Is Karun Nair the only player to convert his first 100 into a triple?

Crawley right now has 55% of the team's total. That seems a little unusual to me for a long innings. His strike rate is very good.

Bannerman holds the record from the first ever test played. 165 out of 245, which is 67% of the team score.

At what point do England go for the win? They should do the game in general is more important to be a spectacle but do you give Crawley another day to set all time records? He'll never get another chance probably.

They don't need to win the test but it would be bad if they batted until they are all out as the series has been played in a very good spirit and Pakistan don't deserve to be humilated in this test.

I bet they have had the chat about it though privately even if they don't consider it.

Hopefully this is the last time Azhar captains Pakistan. fecker better score 400 runs to make up for his cowardly captaincy.

Brilliant knock and a nice touch of class from the Pakistan team all going to Congratulate him. Might not have played if Stokes was here.

At what point do England go for the win? They should do the game in general is more important to be a spectacle but do you give Crawley another day to set all time records? He'll never get another chance probably.

They don't need to win the test but it would be bad if they batted until they are all out as the series has been played in a very good spirit and Pakistan don't deserve to be humilated in this test.

I bet they have had the chat about it though privately even if they don't consider it.

Declare @ 550-600. Try to bowl Pakistan out twice. Pitch isn't up to much at the minute and weather will probably come into it. England could have a dart this evening but unless it's cloudy and under the lights I would probably just bat through until the end of the day.

I like the way this series has been played and hope England can repay Pakistan by playing over there if it is safe to do so.

Two emerging hungry young sides and no shite going on it's good to see.

I like the way this series has been played and hope England can repay Pakistan by playing over there if it is safe to do so.

Two emerging hungry young sides and no shite going on it's good to see.

Root seemed open to the idea, but it'll depend on the security situation like you say. Would be fantastic for Pakistan cricket to get England to tour, even if it's a limited over series only.

Who can Pakistan replace him with? The options look grim

Babar's the obvious choice. Azhar's not doing anything with the bat & his captaincy has been amateurish. Doesn't think proactively & is too defensive.

Babar is the ODI captain and is the most secure player in this team, could do worse than making him captain in all formats.
Babar's the obvious choice. Azhar's not doing anything with the bat & his captaincy has been amateurish. Doesn't think proactively & is too defensive.

He hasn't captained an ODI yet, so will be interesting to see how he handles it.

I can see that massively backfiring though - especially as he's only recently started coming into his own as a Test player.

He hasn't captained an ODI yet, so will be interesting to see how he handles it.

I can see that massively backfiring though - especially as he's only recently started coming into his own as a Test player.
He could become a mirror image of what has happened to Root.

What about Abbas? Only because he comes across as mature and sensible.

Root seemed open to the idea, but it'll depend on the security situation like you say. Would be fantastic for Pakistan cricket to get England to tour, even if it's a limited over series only.
I went to Lahore in 2004 for Pakistan vs India test. Such a beautiful city full of history and charm. Food was amazing too.

Was interesting to hear Broad talking about clearing his front leg whilst batting to open up the field having watched videos of Warne batting, Woakes has done similar in the last 2 tests.

Am abit confused now with Buttlers approach. He has his big century, made his point and secured his medium term future.

so why doesn’t he now switch into T20 mode? It’s the perfect situation and he is the ideal batsman to go for it. Could even blag a double hundred if it came off.