England Euro 2024 Squad and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's not dropping bellingham, I'd go 343 with TAA and Gordon on the wings and Jude, Palmer and Watkins/Bowen up top

I think he will be back for the match, assuming there aren't complications. At best he'll miss a few days of training so I'd expect he will be on the bench. Starting him on Sunday would be a silly move
Didn't he start sterling after he had to go home in the last tourney

Would It be any more of a disaster than we currently see with foden on the left if we instead put either saka or palmer on the left and one of them on the right

It be any more of a disaster than we currently see with foden on the le

A proper left back would really help. Southgate gambling on Shaw has been the biggest issue, should have totally brought a second one. Was there a left footed left back who likes to push on we'd look for more balanced. To be honest I saw a few suggest Saka at LB as he's player their often and honestly I wouldn't be averse to it if Shaw is still crocked. Bukayo like most forwards has had a poor tournie.

Something non symmetrical to keep the width.
---------------------Pickford--------------------
Walker-----Stones------Guehi------------
-----------------------------------------------Saka
--------------Mainoo-------Rice---------------
Palmer------Bellingham--Foden-------
-----------------------Kane------------------------

Would It be any more of a disaster than we currently see with foden on the left if we instead put either saka or palmer on the left and one of them on the right
Should absolutely put one of them on the left, one of them on the right and one of them in the center

Probably gonna end up straight into the starting line up

Feck me he’s only 24, and looks 14. Is he breeding his own football team? Is this a new CFG long term strategy to dominate the sport?

Currently England vs Slovakia and not against the Netherlands.
Southgate's luck in these draws has been nothing short of miraculous, it really has. Italy and Austria in the latter rounds could be tough but the best teams are on the other side of the draw.

England's road to the finals almost looks rigged at this point. Massive favorites in every match up until finals whoever they'll meet. Not reaching the finals would be a massive failure.

Lucky as hell again with our draw. Anything less than reaching the final will be a pretty big failure.

Lucky as hell again with our draw. Anything less than reaching the final will be a pretty big failure.
Yeah, I think so. Not easy games, but we should be making the final. Southgate has tended to beat the teams we should beat, so there is that. Our level needs to improve though as there are still a few teams that can beat us on this half of the draw if we don't show up. Nothing is a given!

Confirmed to be Slovakia in the R16
It really is incredible how this happens every time :lol: .

So it looks very much like Slovakia, Italy/Switzerland and possibly Austria before the final. Anything less than the final has to be seen as failure.

Yeah, I think so. Not easy games, but we should be making the final. Southgate has tended to beat the teams we should beat, so there is that. Our level needs to improve though as there are still a few teams that can beat us on this half of the draw if we don't show up. Nothing is a given!
Nothing is a given for sure. Especially with how we've been playing. We need to improve. Going out before the final would not shock me at all, but it would be a horrible failure. The best team on our side of the draw is Italy and they're nowhere near the same level as when we played them in 2021.

So it looks very much like Slovakia, Italy/Switzerland and possibly Austria before the final. Anything less than the final has to be seen as failure.
I mean, for a team that couldn't beat either Denmark or Slovenia, acting like Italy is a must-win game is a bit bizarre. It could very well be a repeat of the 2021 final.

I mean, for a team that couldn't beat either Denmark or Slovenia, acting like Italy is a must-win game is a bit bizarre. It could very well be a repeat of the 2021 final.
Think it will be Switzerland

All of these teams have looked better than England this tournament. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Slovakia beat us.

How does England keep getting these fairly easy routes every tournament? :lol:

Wow. So England avoid all of Spain, France, Germany, Portugal and Belgium on a possible route to the final. If we can find form then we're almost set to pick up runners up medals again.

This has to be one of the easiest draws on paper ever right?

Pretty much.

Could say the last Euros aswell given all the games were at Wembley apart from Ukraine in QF (who were the weakest side in that section) whereas the other host nations all had to play the knock outs away from the host city (Italy at Wembley).

Compared to the draws for England in tournaments in the 90s and 2000s Southgate has had a very easy time of it apart from France in the quarters of last World cup.

Even in the 2018 World cup England finished 2nd in the group....and still got into the easier half of the draw.:lol:

Spain, Germany, France, Portugal, Netherlands, Austria, England, Switzerland

Spain, France, Netherlands, England

Spain, England

Spain

Lamine Yamal(did you know that's his full name? So he should be called Lamine Yamal, not one or the other. Or find out the surnames and call him by those, like a cnut) player of the tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.