Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

As much of a douchebag this guy is, I think he's done well with the twitter purchase. There's a lot of value in the platform with a unique feature set that I think has been under utilised by the previous management, and over a 10 year span it can increase significantly in value if the execution is right. I held stock in Twitter for quite a while, but over the last 5-7 years it just seemed like nothing was over done to improve twitter.

Musk is smart and ruthless in business if nothing else, so I expect the twitter purchase to return good value for him. Shame because he is really quite unlikeable, but I suppose the traits that make him so are useful to have in business.

You still think this?

Whilst true, ideas are needed in the first place before testing their feasibility, and ideas and execution has been severely lacking at twitter. I invested in it when it was around a share price of 20 like 6 years ago, it's had almost no noticeable developments in the following period. I mean shutting down Vine.. says it all really. Good tech companies have the ability to bring push new ideas quickly and test them quickly. Facebook was built with that mantra.

Gutting out a lot of the crap at twitter and bringing in new talent is not a bad thing, in my opinion. Bring in new ideas.

My suggestions are things I've long thought would be implementable at twitter, part of the reason I invested in the company in the first place. And these are just a couple of things from a random person - if I were Musk id bring in strong analyst teams and he has brought in people like David Sacks and others. You take the ideas you have, develop and test them, and let the execution guide you. But you need ideas in the first place, and a solid understanding of market potential. It's why e.g. private equity invest in companies - they see where they think they can grow companies too. Twitter, in my opinion, has a lot of untapped potential that has not been realised yet. Musk if not anything has shown at Tesla and Spacex that he can build organisations that execute well. People hoping for him to fail will be disappointed, I feel.

Such is the way of the world unfortunately, douchebags often make good businessmen.

David Sacks is the guy who figured out that the Russian war against Ukraine is about wokeness, right?

Successful businesses are built with smart people though. A CEO role is just vision, finding talent and raising capital.

Yeah, and if that CEO is drunk at the wheel, those businesses become far less successful.

He's already driven away large portions of the advertising community, how else are they going to make that kind of money? Social media is on a knifedge as it is, Twitter for example would be no more if it wasn't Amazon propping it up and they make money from both users AND advertising. Change and new ideas are good, but just saying those words don't mean Twitter can suddenly make anywhere near enough to cover the hole he has made, let alone to make profit.

Very Trumpian.

w7D4XH0.jpg

Elon needs urgently to suspend his Twitter account and hire some non-sycophant advisers. Everything in this fiasco looks like a parody.

It's funny when you have millionaire politicians going on about the "media elite" being the enemy, but even funnier when it's the richest fecking person on the planet saying it.

I mean, have you been paying any attention the last few days?

It couldn’t really be going worse if he was intentionally trying to kill the value of the platform.

I mean being serious, the value of twitter's hasn't changed in a week. Someone posted a tweet saying the value of it's now $8b.. which is a load of nonsense. If anything the job cuts should help increase its value, as was seen this week with Meta's job cuts. Advertising revenue going down yes, but that's more due to the economic downturn than anything that's happened post takeover. The only major thing of late was Musk's tweet r.e. Pelosi's husband - if he had kept that up or does something similar again I can see twitter being boycotted, which would do actual damage to the platform.

The irony is that the twitter social hysteria of taking molehills and making mountains out of them is one reason why twitter has value.. there's no other platform with its amplifying reach.

Elon needs urgently to suspend his Twitter account and hire some non-sycophant advisers. Everything in this fiasco looks like a parody.
Hope you’re doing ok buddy

I mean being serious, the value of twitter's hasn't changed in a week. Someone posted a tweet saying the value of it's now $8b.. which is a load of nonsense. If anything the job cuts should help increase its value, as was seen this week with Meta's job cuts. Advertising revenue going down yes, but that's more due to the economic downturn than anything that's happened post takeover. The only major thing of late was Musk's tweet r.e. Pelosi's husband - if he had kept that up or does something similar again I can see twitter being boycotted, which would do actual damage to the platform.

The irony is that the twitter social hysteria of taking molehills and making mountains out of them is one reason why twitter has value.. there's no other platform with its amplifying reach.

Are you saying they haven't been pulling out en masse, or that they have but it's not down to this?

Expound on this economic downturn that started a month ago.

I mean being serious, the value of twitter's hasn't changed in a week.

Just limiting the discussion to this point for the time being; on what basis are you claiming that?

It’s fair to say it wasn’t worth $44bn in the first place, but ignoring that, why can the actual value not have changed in a week?

Is he suggesting that him, top3 (soon to drop grom there) richest man in the world is not elite?

I really thought that he would restraint himself for the sake of 44b and his ego, but dam he is stupid and i truly thought he was not

And he’s deleted the tweet about it driving growth now.

Musk says that advertisers are pulling out because of activists. Advertisers say they're pulling out because of Musk. marktan says they're pulling out because of a general economic downturn.

Who to believe?

Musk says that advertisers are pulling out because of activists. Advertisers say they're pulling out because of Musk. marktan says they're pulling out because of a general economic downturn.

Who to believe?

Obviously musk. 3 options:

A- Musk is stupid to buy twitter if he didnt know that purchasing twitter would drive adds because of his persona

Or

B- Musk is stupid to buy twitter if he didnt know that puchasing twitter would drive away adds bc activist would force adds to go away because of his persona

Or

C- Musk was stupid to purchase twitter if it is bc of economic downturn when he said that as laying over 10% of tesla a few months back bc he had a bad feeling for the economy

The person knows this but it's likely related to healthcare which has been selling off in the market (along with energy) as it rotates money into technology and semiconductor stocks following the lower than expected CPI (inflation) announced on Thursday. You can see this with other companies like United Health Group (UNH) which shows the same drop and the S&P500 healthcare sector ETF IHUC. LLY is up 30% YTD and this is such a small dip, unlikely as announcements in this environment would have more of an impact on share price which constantly move up and down.

His pals at news.ycombinator.com deleting any given thread discussing his heroics.

This is a total trainwreck but god is it funny :lol: The man is one of the richest person alive and he's handling (very poorly) customer complaints.