Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

What you’re doing is essentially exactly what Musk is doing. Just completely riffing and pulling ideas out your arse with total self confidence that you’re right and it will work.

There is a very good reason that product development has become such an art with a number of recognised processes around it utilising UX researchers and business analysts to bottom out whether something is a good idea before it’s anywhere developers let alone end users.

Whilst true, ideas are needed in the first place before testing their feasibility, and ideas and execution has been severely lacking at twitter. I invested in it when it was around a share price of 20 like 6 years ago, it's had almost no noticeable developments in the following period. I mean shutting down Vine.. says it all really. Good tech companies have the ability to bring push new ideas quickly and test them quickly. Facebook was built with that mantra.

Gutting out a lot of the crap at twitter and bringing in new talent is not a bad thing, in my opinion. Bring in new ideas.

My suggestions are things I've long thought would be implementable at twitter, part of the reason I invested in the company in the first place. And these are just a couple of things from a random person - if I were Musk id bring in strong analyst teams and he has brought in people like David Sacks and others. You take the ideas you have, develop and test them, and let the execution guide you. But you need ideas in the first place, and a solid understanding of market potential. It's why e.g. private equity invest in companies - they see where they think they can grow companies too. Twitter, in my opinion, has a lot of untapped potential that has not been realised yet. Musk if not anything has shown at Tesla and Spacex that he can build organisations that execute well. People hoping for him to fail will be disappointed, I feel.

Such is the way of the world unfortunately, douchebags often make good businessmen.

Musk if not anything has shown at Tesla and Spacex that he can build organisations that execute well.
I think if anything Musk has shown in the last few days at Twitter that, without smart people doing the work for him, he's a mess of impulsive thoughts that can cripple a business pretty quickly.

He could have like most businessman wait for a few good months while doing the headcount and run up simulations on how this 8 dollar blue ticks ends up. But hey he can't help it. Gotta show you who's the genius on day 1

All of this reminds me of trump running the Whitehouse
Just insanity with every decision /tweet made

elon-musk-smoke.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have no idea if this is the real gov't account, and while I could check that would destroy the joy of this.

Edit: It is the actual account and apparently the state of WA employs comedians in their Social Media teams:

15-20 years ago, Greenpeace impersonated some polluting company's spokesman and held a press conference promising to clean up their mess, and their stock price went plunging too. Think it was my first "this system should be burnt to the ground" moment :lol:

e- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yes_Men#Dow_Chemical
don't know why i thought it was greenpeacew

Wait I thought you had to be verified AND pay 8 dollars to get the blue tick, not that anyone can get a blue tick. That's so stupid :lol:

There is no way there are not people out there using this chaos to make millions off manipulating the market. Would it even be illegal?

Sometimes, to make an omelette, you have to dispense with the entire concept of identity, corporate or otherwise.

There is no way there are not people out there using this chaos to make millions off manipulating the market. Would it even be illegal?

It would be fraud in the UK, quite apart from the specific offences to do with market manipulation. Good luck with getting anyone to prove it though.

Sometimes, to make an omelette, you have to dispense with the entire concept of identity, corporate or otherwise.
Hmmm.. I just tried making an omelet using eggplant but it turns out the identity of things does matter.

Hmmm.. I just tried making an omelet using eggplant but it turns out the identity of things does matter.
You’re just doing what THEY want. Eggplant the shit out of it and stop being a square.

I think if anything Musk has shown in the last few days at Twitter that, without smart people doing the work for him, he's a mess of impulsive thoughts that can cripple a business pretty quickly.

Successful businesses are built with smart people though. A CEO role is just vision, finding talent and raising capital.

Whilst true, ideas are needed in the first place before testing their feasibility, and ideas and execution has been severely lacking at twitter. I invested in it when it was around a share price of 20 like 6 years ago, it's had almost no noticeable developments in the following period. I mean shutting down Vine.. says it all really. Good tech companies have the ability to bring push new ideas quickly and test them quickly. Facebook was built with that mantra.

Gutting out a lot of the crap at twitter and bringing in new talent is not a bad thing, in my opinion. Bring in new ideas.

My suggestions are things I've long thought would be implementable at twitter, part of the reason I invested in the company in the first place. And these are just a couple of things from a random person - if I were Musk id bring in strong analyst teams and he has brought in people like David Sacks and others. You take the ideas you have, develop and test them, and let the execution guide you. But you need ideas in the first place, and a solid understanding of market potential. It's why e.g. private equity invest in companies - they see where they think they can grow companies too. Twitter, in my opinion, has a lot of untapped potential that has not been realised yet. Musk if not anything has shown at Tesla and Spacex that he can build organisations that execute well. People hoping for him to fail will be disappointed, I feel.

Such is the way of the world unfortunately, douchebags often make good businessmen.

I'm in agreement with you.