Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Anyone else getting LinkedIn vibes from the last few posts?
Sponsored
Dear @Eyepopper , we have heard you are a leader in your field and feel you would be a great candidate for our new Masters Degree in Caf Posting. This new online program at our totally legit and accredited* online University will give you a competitive edge in the end of year Caf awards. We are reviewing applications now, but slots are filling up rapidly, so please send in you application and fee** today!

*accreditation pending
**non refundable

I used to think some criticisms of Musk were overstated. I was so, so wrong.

Needs to get his shine box

robert-de-niro-angry.gif

At this point, I suspect he is a very hands-off CEO or business owner or even a figurehead like a Trump with his 'businesses'.

I have never run into a CEO of any multi-billion dollar MNC company that has as much free time as Elon. Being a CEO is a shit job -- it's 16-18hr days. And in Elon's case, he has quite a few listed companies.

If he was that active in just one of them and he is fecking around with Twitter, the shareholders will be asking him to step down. He has a handful. Thats just not possible.
So he’s not only doing a terrible job but also neglecting his companies.

Or he’s a fake CEO. Both appealing options for humor.

And yet the house is empty and there are no traps. He’s just throwing himself down the stairs for no reason.
That's the best part. Pretty much everything was avoidable, if he didn't have his head so far up his ass.

There's a clear 'stick it to rampant capitalism' undertone to these tweets and its like for a brief period there's an opportunity for people to vent their frustrations in a funny way that's also having real-world impacts on big businesses and I'm finding the whole thing quite heartwarming tbh.

So he’s not only doing a terrible job but also neglecting his companies.

Or he’s a fake CEO. Both appealing options for humor.

I am starting to this it's the latter. You never saw Bill Gates doing the shit Elon has been doing the past few years. And he only has one company. Either Elon is some time management genius or its just BS.

There's a clear 'stick it to rampant capitalism' undertone to these tweets and its like for a brief period there's an opportunity for people to vent their frustrations in a funny way that's also having real-world impacts on big businesses and I'm finding the whole thing quite heartwarming tbh.
It's glorious. What's helped them grow is also cutting them down to size.

Surely he's not going to tweet something stupid again today... The streak must end someday.

There are algos that scour the news, including official Twitter accounts. Musk’s idiocy has cost companies billions
Is he doing it on purpose now though? Like he found it as unintended consequence and used it for some benefits for his own?

Advertising revenue going down yes, but that's more due to the economic downturn than anything that's happened post takeover.
This is categorically untrue. One major company pulled millions of dollars of planned advertising spend from Twitter (to be spent elsewhere) citing one of the primary reasons being:
  • The unpredictable and erratic behaviour of Twitter's new CEO represents brand safety and PR risk for our company
This comes from the corporate risk department.

Hundreds of millions of dollars are being pulled from Twitter as a direct consequence of the Musk takeover.

What a gigantic cretin Musk is.

As comedic as this business failure is (and Musk's transaction may go down as the worst business deal of all time!), if he truly did it in the name of free speech, that could end up being his biggest and most calamitous failure.

People and organizations use Twitter for community engagement and to have a voice. Bringing it back to football, local clubs globally use it for comms, updates, as a sales channel, fan and community engagement, etc. If Twitter disappears, Musk will have done the opposite of his stated purpose by taking away people's digital town square, ripping apart a voice and platform that many had spent over a decade cultivating.

Genius indeed. Hopefully people will start seeing him as the opportunistic snake oil salesman that he is.

This is categorically untrue. One major company pulled millions of dollars of planned advertising spend from Twitter (to be spent elsewhere) citing one of the primary reasons being:
  • The unpredictable and erratic behaviour of Twitter's new CEO represents brand safety and PR risk for our company
This comes from the corporate risk department.

Hundreds of millions of dollars are being pulled from Twitter as a direct consequence of the Musk takeover.

Your point is correct but advertising revenue is also falling across the industry (already confirmed in earnings and guidance) with Twitter likely more impacted compared to Google Search. This is normal in a recession. They will be back though once things settle and many haven‘t pulled their resource on organic (non-paid) Twitter.

Your point is correct but advertising revenue is also falling across the industry (already confirmed in earnings and guidance) with Twitter likely more impacted compared to Google Search. This is normal in a recession. They will be back though once things settle and many haven‘t pulled their resource on organic (non-paid) Twitter.
What point is it that you are trying to make? It seems, like the other poster, you are trying to normalize the catastrophic loss in advertising revenue, that has occured as a direct result of the Musk takeover, by referencing a recession.

The key is that recession-accounted dollars are being pulled! These are dollars earmarked for Twitter despite the recession. Dollars being pulled because of the consequences of the takeover, not because of the recession.

No amount of muddying the waters will remove Elon's personal accountability for this loss of revenue.

What point is it that you are trying to make? It seems, like the other poster, you are trying to normalize the catastrophic loss in advertising revenue, that has occured as a direct result of the Musk takeover, by referencing a recession.

The key is that recession-accounted dollars are being pulled! These are dollars earmarked for Twitter despite the recession. Dollars being pulled because of the consequences of the takeover, not because of the recession.

No amount of muddying the waters will remove Elon's personal accountability for this loss of revenue.

No you went off on one there implying I said something that I haven’t (that Elon isn’t responsible, he is and he’s in charge). You said it’s “This is categorically untrue.” so I was agreeing that your point is correct and that the other poster is also correct that advertising is falling due to the economy. It doesn’t have to be only one of those. It’s easier to make the decision to pull spend in this environment as well, I know first hand budgets are being tightened and it will be more of the case in Q1 as the recession impact on earnings is only just starting in the US & UK. Or you could read the recent earnings reports from some of the major advertisers and technology providers, they will have referenced the same point. As a side note, I expect more to be pulled from Twitter before other platforms going forwards (and so did the market which is partly why it was overvalued amongst other reasons).