Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

The company is strong and will only increase (in revenue, profits, cars sold etc). The stock will likely go down because a) it was insanely overvalued, b) recession.
Disagree with the first sentence and agree with the second sentence.

unknown.png

The company is strong and will only increase (in revenue, profits, cars sold etc). The stock will likely go down because a) it was insanely overvalued, b) recession.

Tesla as a commercial car brand is a tech fraud, though: nothing they promised is working right now and probably would never be approved to operate in urban scenarios without a human at the wheel. Their best bet is still trucks.

Tesla as a commercial car brand is a tech fraud, though: nothing they promised is working right now and probably would never be approved to operate in urban scenarios without a human at the wheel. Their best bet is still trucks.
Really isn't unfortunately, they will not be able to manufacture at the level or reliability to replace ICE trucks.

Of course it is not a tech fraud, they are increasing the number of cars sold all the time, and they have really high margins. They have been beating earnings comfortably, and the future looks very bright for them.

In autonomous driving they are lagging behind Waymo (Alphabet) and Cruise (backed by Honda and GM), but with Argo AI gone, they are probably in the third place. I am very skeptical that they are gonna win the autonomous driving (if anyone will), but they don’t need to win that race for them to increase as a company.

Elon going increasingly more and more nuts in the other hand…

Of course it is not a tech fraud, they are increasing the number of cars sold all the time, and they have really high margins.
Are they increasing market share, though?

Are they increasing market share, though?
Yes, they are. They likely won't ever reach anything close to Toyota/VW (which Musk has been promising), but they profit quite more money for a unit sold than other car companies, I guess. They have around 40% of the profits of Toyota/VW despite that they sell less than 5% as many cars as those companies.

Of course, they also have twice as high market cap as those two combines, which makes me think that the stock is still quite overvalued and heavily depended in the growth continuing like in the last few years, so I still wouldn't touch that stock.

Of course it is not a tech fraud, they are increasing the number of cars sold all the time, and they have really high margins. They have been beating earnings comfortably, and the future looks very bright for them.

In autonomous driving they are lagging behind Waymo (Alphabet) and Cruise (backed by Honda and GM), but with Argo AI gone, they are probably in the third place. I am very skeptical that they are gonna win the autonomous driving (if anyone will), but they don’t need to win that race for them to increase as a company.

Elon going increasingly more and more nuts in the other hand…

You are right, of course: as an electric cars maker, they have and will continue to have their say (with a caveat, imho: their customer care level is way beyond affordable in the case numbers go up big time)… all the rest seeming implausible or at least not deployable at the required safety & security level. It’s a paradox, maybe, but rocket science is easier than autonomous driving!

Yes, they are. They likely won't ever reach anything close to Toyota/VW (which Musk has been promising), but they profit quite more money for a unit sold than other car companies, I guess. They have around 40% of the profits of Toyota/VW despite that they sell less than 5% as many cars as those companies.

Of course, they also have twice as high market cap as those two combines, which makes me think that the stock is still quite overvalued and heavily depended in the growth continuing like in the last few years, so I still wouldn't touch that stock.
Anecdotally, in Ireland Tesla is being overtaken by the traditional manufacturers in terms of electric cars sold.

The cult has always been weird in the defending of him, but now it's in their face what he really is it's scary how devout they are!
Agree. At least before he had the media personality of a real life Tony Stark that he could hide behind, but like now he is openly saying he is going to do really dumb things and just hope something works.

I’m still really confused as to why some of the riches people on the planet, want to spend time on twitter posting.

Agree. At least before he had the media personality of a real life Tony Stark that he could hide behind, but like now he is openly saying he is going to do really dumb things and just hope something works.

I’m still really confused as to why some of the riches people on the planet, want to spend time on twitter posting.
Doesn't he just mean A/B testing?

A/B testing isn’t trying a feature out, panicking and scrapping it within the space of an afternoon. I’m not even sure you could A/B test many of the features he’s suggested, it’s too much of an open, interactive platform.

A/B testing isn’t trying a feature out, panicking and scrapping it within the space of an afternoon. I’m not even sure you could A/B test many of the features he’s suggested, it’s too much of an open, interactive platform.
A/B testing can be done in a fraction of the traffic of the website, which means that different ‘dumb’ features can be tested at the same time.

Not necessarily a great idea considering that some might correlate with each other.

A/B testing can be done in a fraction of the traffic of the website, which means that different ‘dumb’ features can be tested at the same time.

Not necessarily a great idea considering that some might correlate with each other.
Exactly. Which is my point, it’s a social media platform, there’s no vacuum. Try extrapolating that dutty data.

Exactly. Which is my point, it’s a social media platform, there’s no vacuum. Try extrapolating that dutty data.
Slow down there buckaroo, if we know one thing about how Musk run's his companies it's that he demands attention to safety testing and a rigorous analysis of data.

Yep. His idea of ‘break things fast’ might leave the things broken.

Are you going to be able to pay for Twitter but in a way that makes the fact you paid for it a secret? Maybe you don't get the blue tick or whatever but you get all of the other perks (whatever they are).

There'll be loads of people wanting to maximize their experience but being embarrassed to be seen to pay for it. It's Tinder Gold is what it is.