Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Years of best practices in market research, planning and execution just thrown away by the richest man on Earth who also happens to be a manchild moron. Capitalism at its best or worst?
The company was never really worth anything, right ? It basically benefited from all the free cash that was around after the 08 crash. Now that’s dried up all that is left is to basically go into rent seeking mode and charge people a monthly free(Like every other media platform).

Elon is a genuine fecking loser and his fanboys and fangirls are even bigger losers than him. He's blocking people who disagree with his pricing plan or who mention him in a negative light. Proof that being rich doesn't stop you being a thin-skinned ****.

Elon is a genuine fecking loser and his fanboys and fangirls are even bigger losers than him. He's blocking people who disagree with his pricing plan or who mention him in a negative light. Proof that being rich doesn't stop you being a thin-skinned ****.
Hasn't gotten me yet!

The company was never really worth anything, right ? It basically benefited from all the free cash that was around after the 08 crash. Now that’s dried up all that is left is to basically go into rent seeking mode and charge people a monthly free(Like every other media platform).

I am not sure you are being serious here? The consensus, “fair valuation” was half what Musk paid and while losing money, they were still not losing that much money before Eloon opened the Pandora’s box? I mean, there is an entire universe between profitability and treading waters, just as between treading waters and worth nothing?

Too avoid public humiliation in court from pulling out of the deal, Musk has gone back in and taken over which is ironic as he’ll possibly humiliate himself as the owner anyway.

this will be interesting

who’d be a billionaire hay

He makes this deal in December instead and the pushback is at least 70% less severe

You couldn't be more wrong about this. None of this has anything to do with the midterms. What is really coming out is two different views of what "freedom of speech" really means.

I've seen this since I was a teenager because the US high school I attended. I can't tell you how many kids would say things like "it's a free country I can do what I want" and "free speech I can say what I want." This has been going on since the 1980s and those quotes are literally the extent of the knowledge these people ever adopted in regards to "free speech". For the most part, they hated school and learning and never really learned about what "Free speech" was intended to mean in the US Bill of Rights (about it meaning not being persecuted by the government for political speech NOT being able to say whatever you want, wherever you want with no consequences). All these people are grown up now and essentially believe the same thing, they never got more educated. They want to be able to say n----r, n----r, n----r and deny the holocaust and say whatever they want because that's all that "freedom" means to them. @berbatrick is right in that essentially we have always had two different battling views of what value freedom of speech really has and if that "right" should be the absolute "I can say whatever I want, wherever I want with no consequences" or if people believe there are limits, moderations, and consequences to that absolutist view of "free speech."

The algorithmic amplification is bias for reality and actual viewer interest. Same with youtube. There is no conspiracy in these orgs to push right wing agenda. More viewers are drawn to these topics in terms of engagement metrics such as views, comments, likes etc. and that further adds as incentive for algorithm to push it further in people's feeds. If anything these companies have now altered these algorithms to be biased against videos with certain keywords or tags.

This is mostly true but some more context needs to be added. There are tons of astroturfing efforts to game the algorithm coming from the right and far-right that simply don't exist on the left. From the Russian bot farms to all the fake news that sites from the right intentionally set up to overwhelm the internet with fake news. I've linked articles before on Trump's former media director and another organization well-funded from the right to explicitly amplify far-right talking points and outright conspiracies. So there is no real neutral algorithm in practice even there is in theory. It's been heavily gamed by one side trying to spread their agenda and worse and it works. They amplify the fake news or far-right angle and because a lot of people sadly get their "news" only from social media you can hear it where random people in bars, restaurants, on the street will just repeat some complete BS because they saw it on twitter or tiktok or youtube.

EduoXnZWAAELS1i.png

Now with Biden in the White House, it's game over for musk.
I mean, Ireland is a bit of a tax haven, so I think it's fair to say they slobber over rich people to an extent. But they've also got labour laws, so there's that.
They feckin do. Ireland bend over backwards for American corporations.
Reported for racism.

This is going to be a spectacular waste of $44bn. Still worried about what it could do politically but ready to watch the Musk brand turn toxic and shrivel up.

I am not sure you are being serious here? The consensus, “fair valuation” was half what Musk paid and while losing money, they were still not losing that much money before Eloon opened the Pandora’s box? I mean, there is an entire universe between profitability and treading waters, just as between treading waters and worth nothing?
Platforms like twitter weren't losing that much money before because of getting speculative money from central banks and money from advertisers, with the current conditions and the now incoming recession/depression all that is gone. Doesn't mean it's worth nothing now but the drop off are already starting to hit(Facebook have large chucks of it's value wiped out).

Musk might have quicker the process due to how much he pisses advertisers off but it's a overall trend.

Also worth saying that it's something 10% of twitter users make up 80% to 90% of the content. Musk doesn't even have to piss off that many people before it sinks like shit.

The blue check mark fee likely won’t be the last. There are about 400k blue checks right now. Let’s assume 75% choose to remain and pay, that would only be 3.2m in extra cash per month, which is nothing when compared with lost revenue from fleeing advertisers.

It won’t be long before non check mark accounts are charged for a subscription service to access more features.

At that point, I can honestly see people moving to another platform.

Last edited:
The blue check mark fee likely won’t be the last. There are about 400k blue checks right now. Let’s assume 75% choose to remain and pay, that would only by 3.2m in extra cash per month, which is nothing when compared with lost revenue from fleeing advertisers.

It won’t be long before non check mark accounts are charged for a subscription service to access more features.
Then it's the end of it.

They feckin do. Ireland bend over backwards for American corporations.
We have strict labour laws and even if what you said is true why would they bend over backwards for a company leaving Ireland?

Why would a supposedly smart man spend 44billiion on a so called failing tech platform?

Makes no sense at all.

If Twitter was losing so much money why did he buy it?

Why would a supposedly smart man spend 44billiion on a so called failing tech platform?

Makes no sense at all.

If Twitter was losing so much money why did he buy it?

He would've been forced to. The lawsuit undertaken against him when he was backing out uncovered he knew all about the bot problem as negotiations were ongoing. When he tried to back out based on "bot problems", his lawyers advised he'd lose the case.

The original reason for trying to buy it was simply online clout chasing.

Particularly as most of those weird nerds' diets will be almost entirely based around snacks.
This is actually the heart of Elon’s master plan to create a line of cookies that are the only ones his fans are allowed to buy.