Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

It'll probably be good for humanity to see how disgusting people really are again, rather than pretending we're all amazing by banning people from public view.

We're not good people. Why on earth were we pretending we were?!

In a way, I'm glad this is happening. People love free speech as an abstract value. Many (me included) would dislike spending lots of time in a site with actual free speech.

I don't agree. Twitter moved from being politically neutral and moderating actual bad behavior on its platform. To increasingly playing clear favorites about who to punish and who's views to quash or promote as truth.
Not only are you just wrong in general, but one side of the political spectrum lies far more than the other(this has been proven on many occasions), so what you call 'playing clear favorites' is actually just proper moderation.

He has been acting like a child for years at this point and his net worth keeps going up. Why would it change now?

He won't go bankrupt, but his Twitter investment will hurt his wealth. There's no way for him to get government subsidies or contracts with Twitter the way he does with Tesla and SpaceX.

He's clearly got serious personality issues. The amount of time he spends on Twitter is indicative of someone with no actual life or anyone willing to tell him to log off. It's like he's going through his mid-life crisis by trying to be a teenage edgelord who happens to be the wealthiest man in the world.

He has been acting like a child for years at this point and his net worth keeps going up. Why would it change now?

Because this time he bought a failing company for $40 billion, several times what it's actually worth, and within a week he's publicly complaining that advertisers are fleeing in droves.

He's not going to go broke or anything, because just being a billionaire is enough to make money, but this is so far looking to be a massive failure which even threatens his other (actually profitable) businesses.

Will hurt economically but even more his ego

Yes it is. Nobody cares about this as a consequential thing except liberals or corporations who fear that they're going to lose liberal business if they don't duck out early.

"I don't care, therefore only X and Y care". It's the next evolution of "I don't do X, therefore everyone who says they do X is lying". This post says a lot more about you than it does anyone else.

He makes this deal in December instead and the pushback is at least 70% less severe
No it is not, its people screaming ni***r ni***r ni***r, "Shut up jew" etc and not getting banned or taking forever to get banned, or in fact reinstated. Not to mention the increase of Q-level shit being shared some of which by the CEO himself.

No it is not, its people screaming ni***r ni***r ni***r, "Shut up jew" etc and not getting banned or taking forever to get banned, or in fact reinstated. Not to mention the increase of Q-level shit being shared some of which by the CEO himself.
That was already happening for years and years. Loads of screenshots of racists laughing at people posting failed reports on them where overt racist language didn't get them kicked off

That was already happening for years and years. Loads of screenshots of racists laughing at people posting failed reports on them where overt racist language didn't get them kicked off
Initially it was like that then after the blowback moderation was tightened, and now it is going again in the other direction. And you didn't say anything about the account reinstatements.

Initially it was like that then after the blowback moderation was tightened, and now it is going again in the other direction. And you didn't say anything about the account reinstatements.
I don't think moderation should ever have been tightened as it was (shadowbanning of popular accounts for political reasons) so I don't really care that they've now gone the other route of being far too lax. Most of the N word spamming was a reaction to a perception that they couldn't be banned for it anymore and became a meme on its own

Oh right of course, but please explain the contradiction

The contradiction is that you first claim that only liberals and corporations care about this, and that it has everything to do with American politics, and then you mock someone who isn't American, claiming their opinion doesn't matter. Which is it? Either only liberals and corporations care about it because of the American politics, or non-Americans with opinions about it unrelated to American elections are irrelevant.

I don't think moderation should ever have been tightened as it was (shadowbanning of popular accounts for political reasons) so I don't really care that they've now gone the other route of being far too lax. Most of the N word spamming was a reaction to a perception that they couldn't be banned for it anymore and became a meme on its own
So antisemitism is fair game then?

The contradiction is that you first claim that only liberals and corporations care about this, and that it has everything to do with American politics, and then you mock someone who isn't American, claiming their opinion doesn't matter. Which is it? Either only liberals and corporations care about it because of the American politics, or non-Americans with opinions about it unrelated to American elections are irrelevant.
Only liberals and corporations care about it because of the midterms (corporations are not so much politically motivated but they know liberal consumers will be more motivated for boycotts etc if they don't make an early move). And yes non-American opinions are the absolute last anyone with a big say in this will consider. Its not a contradiction.

I do feel I'll end up taking over the thread so perhaps I will leave it at that lads

I don't agree. Twitter moved from being politically neutral and moderating actual bad behavior on its platform. To increasingly playing clear favorites about who to punish and who's views to quash or promote as truth.

In a way, I'm glad this is happening. People love free speech as an abstract value. Many (me included) would dislike spending lots of time in a site with actual free speech.

Fair play, you might be correct!

Only liberals and corporations care about it because of the midterms (corporations are not so much politically motivated but they know liberal consumers will be more motivated for boycotts etc if they don't make an early move). And yes non-American opinions are the absolute last anyone with a big say in this will consider. Its not a contradiction.

I do feel I'll end up taking over the thread so perhaps I will leave it at that lads

So those non-Americans with opinions don't care about it? Because if your premise is that their opinions don't matter, you've already conceded that non-Americans have opinions about it. Which they obviously do, since this thread is filled with international supporters of an English football club, on an Irish-ran website.

I might be nitpicking, but nits are there to be picked. Or something.

So those non-Americans with opinions don't care about it? Because if your premise is that their opinions don't matter, you've already conceded that non-Americans have opinions about it. Which they obviously do, since this thread is filled with international supporters of an English football club, on an Irish-ran website.

I might be nitpicking, but nits are there to be picked. Or something.
I think you are nitpicking my communist friend :) (commie? social democrat?)