Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

It’s weird how the UK has suddenly become top of his agenda.
I think it's the same reason Murdoch focused on Australia/US/UK. It's a lot harder to influence a country who's language you're not completely comfortable in.

(then again do we actually know he doesn't shitpost about all sorts of countries all the time, and we only pay attention when it's the UK? I certainly do not watch his feed to keep tabs on it)

I think it's the same reason Murdoch focused on Australia/US/UK. It's a lot harder to influence a country who's language you're not completely comfortable in.

Yeah but Musk is all of a sudden constantly tweeting about the UK

You usually have those performance appraisals with your direct linemanager, who ideally should know what you do and to an extent how you do it.

Elon Musk is not qualified to appraise anyone’s code because he barely knows python
The direct line manager would give you a grading and submit, but then someone higher can change the grade.

And for promotions, which are related to new stock etc, the manager at most can nominate you, but other people in the hierarchy decide to promote you or not. At least this is in the company I work.

Hmm perhaps he is trying to keep some financiers in London happy who are unhappy with Labour? All his companies are built on debt (like any other company really, but still).

Stock grants are predetermined things, you are given stock when hired, or as part of a performance review. This tweet seems to be saying that people aren't going to actually get what they've been promised without justifying it, that is not how things normally work at all. I could be misunderstanding, though.
It has to be for refreshers, surely? Stock grants given when you sign at contract cannot be taken away as long as you stay at the company long enough for them to be vested (most companies follow a 25%-25%-25%-25% over four years, with the first 25% given after one year, and then 1/4th of 25% given every quarter). That has nothing to do with the performance, as long as you are at the company when the stock gets vested, it is yours. Not giving it for bad performance is the same as not giving you the salary cause of bad performance.

Last edited:

OK, so I'm not a native speaker so I might be wrong, but isn't the verb "deploy" typically used for troops in warfare or very tense military conflicts?

Edit: ah, I see the name of the account he quoted now. Jesus christ..

Also, why is it wrong that refugees get financial help? They have left everything behind, probably don't speak the language and have no social network to help them out. Not to mention that they upon arrival have cost the government exactly zero <insert local currency>.

OK, so I'm not a native speaker so I might be wrong, but isn't the verb "deploy" typically used for troops in warfare or very tense military conflicts?

Also, why is it wrong that refugees get financial help? They have left everything behind, probably don't speak the language and have no social network to help them out. Not to mention that they upon arrival have cost the government exactly zero <insert local currency>.
Helping out refugees isn't necessarily wrong. The perception is that they get disproportionately more attention & help than British citizens and that they're a strain on housing.

Much in the same way that Americans freely employ ‘illegal’ migrants for childcare and gardening services… British people honestly don’t give a feck if an asylum seeker brings them their Deliveroo.

On the flip side, they’d also rather a tired 60 year old white guy gave them their hospital test results, than a young and hungry brown person speaking accented English.

Murdoch and Musk speak to the dumbest people in society in pursuit of greater wealth. It’s embarrassing. Well done lads, you’re getting the left hand side of the IQ bell curve to applaud you. Tragic humans.

That cave diver who rescued the Thai kids trapped in that cave really did a number on Musk's mental stability.

Musk will be harbouring thoughts of being president of USA. I bet you on that, he has seen Donald Trump up close.

once again, the benefits of no moderation evident on an issue where the ruling class is united in deciding what is and isn't suitable to see.

edit -

long live social media safety

Last edited:

once again, the benefits of no moderation evident on an issue where the ruling class is united in deciding what is and isn't suitable to see.

edit -

long live social media safety

You see and hear the same kind of stuff on Twitter. I've seen numerous posts claiming Harris accounts or posts have been banned or deleted. That's from Elon. The greatest defender and supporter of FREE SPEECH in the whole world. Ever.

You see and hear the same kind of stuff on Twitter. I've seen numerous posts claiming Harris accounts or posts have been banned or deleted. That's from Elon. The greatest defender and supporter of FREE SPEECH in the whole world. Ever.

I follow quite a lot of them, and despite him promising the ADL that he'd start cracking down on "river to the sea", for example, I haven't seen it happen to anyone. Of course, under every self-aggrandising post of his about free speech, there's one reply just saying "cisgedner" getting a "hateful content" warning and automatically hidden.

I follow quite a lot of them, and despite him promising the ADL that he'd start cracking down on "river to the sea", for example, I haven't seen it happen to anyone. Of course, under every self-aggrandising post of his about free speech, there's one reply just saying "cisgedner" getting a "hateful content" warning and automatically hidden.

I've just seen a Tweet saying if Trump gets elected he's putting Musk in his cabinet. I can only hope if that happens he gets Fritzl to make it.

He's moved on to France the last couple of days. He needs to find a hobby or do something constructive and positive with his wealth. Or spend time with his kids. Whichever, he definitely needs to feck off Twitter 24/7 and doing Ket fueled all nighters.

He's moved on to France the last couple of days. He needs to find a hobby or do something constructive and positive with his wealth. Or spend time with his kids. Whichever, he definitely needs to feck off Twitter 24/7 and doing Ket fueled all nighters.
650 tweets in a week according to the Guardian. That's one every 15 minutes assuming he doesn't sleep. Where he finds the time to do all his CEO and CTO jobs on top of that is a mystery!

Definitely earning his 500000 x average American salary.

Last edited:
650 tweets in a week according to the Guardian. That's one every 15 minutes assuming he doesn't sleep. Where he finds the time to do all his CEO and CTO jobs on top of that is a mystery!

Definitely earning his 500000 x average American salary.

To put:

!!
Concerning
Interesting
Etc

Only 10 tweets in a minute and him being a genius, 10 a second

Think it’ll be very silly if he doesn’t have a bot that replicates fed behavior to like and comment on his behalf. We used it at corporate to grow accounts all the time - stopped it because you necessarily didn’t want the tracker interacting with potentially harmful accounts

Judge orders Musk's X immediately shut down in Brazil
SAO PAULO/BRASILIA, Aug 30 (Reuters) - A Brazilian Supreme Court justice ordered on Friday the "immediate suspension" of social media platform X in the country, after a court-imposed deadline expired for the company to identify a legal representative in Brazil.
In a bid to avoid the use of virtual private networks (VPNs) to circumvent the blockage, Moraes said that individuals or companies who tried to keep access to the social network that way could be fined up to 50,000 reais a day.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/...azils-top-court-x-braces-shutdown-2024-08-30/

The tale of the man who bought the village well only to immediately fill it with dead cattle, sewage and child abuse images. And for that the villagers were forever grateful.

For all its many faults twitter operated like an important public utility. I never even had an account but I still relied heavily on information and culture that originated through individual tweets. All the important breaking news from the last decade found me through twitter. That we live in a world where one very rich Pdo Guy can take over and single handedly poison it beyond functionability, based on his simple minded, bitter and artless urges, tells me we are very much in something of a new Dark Age.

I've never had a twitter account either, and don't feel that I've ever knowingly benefited from the platform. I could never fathom how anyone could keep up with it, and have always viewed it as a negative force. You see a lot of threads on here that are often just re-posts of Twitter. What's creative about that?

What I find depressing now is that even though it's gotten (apparently) so much worse now that Elon has acquired it, why people haven't just left it in droves. How many people here on the Caf have an account? It would be a nice democratic move, and a big 'feck you' if football forums banded together and ditched Twitter. Clearly that won't happen, people seem addicted to sucking on the teat of Musk.

e1a0f49a0669cb4f929dbef5d7508895.png

This comically evil picture of him on the BBC was a great choice.

You see a lot of threads on here that are often just re-posts of Twitter. What's creative about that?

I can't actually think of a thread that is just a report of a Tweet, but if there is, it's not meant to be creative and I don't quite.know what you're getting at with that comment

Tweets are used on here mainly to give information and to promote others to share opinions and have discussions about the Tweet. I don't quite understand why you feel it lacks or even needs creativity. It's also well known that here on the caf, if you are going to post a Tweet that you should also include context to the Tweet if needed, but to give a comment about it too. Just posting the Tweet in itself, especially here in the CE forum is advised against and frowned upon. I also don't think many post Tweets for any Caf Kudos points, they just do it to simply share news and information or to help the thread it's posted in

Clearly that won't happen, people seem addicted to sucking on the teat of Musk.

Nah, that's not true. It's more that Twitter, and Tweets themselves provide a very easy bite sized link to information and news. The format is perfect for forums like here to use to repost to share the information quickly and visibly. The Tweet is replicated perfectly and you can instaly see the info unlike when just posting a link to a website.

Many here used to have accounts and have deleted them due to Musks destruction of the site and his personal opinions. However of us that still have our accounts, I can safely say the vast majority despise Musk but keep Twitter simply because of the point I was getting at above. The simplicity and near perfect format of how the news is seen, and able to be linked to share here. The Transfer Tweets thread is the perfect example of that.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with sucking on the teat of Musk which is not only a strange thing to say, but also simply not true at all. As.much as I despise Musk and hate what he does and has done to Twitter, sadly it's still the best at what it does, it's just a shame he's using it for such a negative reason.

There are other sites that are trying to replicate and replace Twitter but they just don't have the user base yet. When they start gaining the major and smaller local news outlets and political party accounts, football pundits and transfer experts, music labels, dj's, bands and artists, politicians and journalists etc, then you will see Twitter die.

You see a lot of threads on here that are often just re-posts of Twitter.
Which kind of speaks to it's versatility and effectiveness.

Twitter was/is shit and harmful and negative but also massively useful and informative. To give just one example: All the breaking covid stuff that was vital for me and my household came from redcafe members reposting tweets of information that mostly didn't exist in any other media at the time. A more frivilous example would be the ability to follow the saga around the selling of United.

I'll never argue that it was all good or that it didn't have negative impacts on various aspects of society but the importance of its digital town square aspects is huge.

I can't actually think of a thread that is just a report of a Tweet, but if there is, it's not meant to be creative and I don't quite.know what you're getting at with that comment
It wasn't a criticism, just an observation. I just thought I'd scrolled through quite a few threads where it seemed to be more tweets than paragraphs. That probably feels odd to me because I'm not on Twitter and can't follow them. Anyway, I appreciate the points you've made.

It wasn't a criticism, just an observation. I just thought I'd scrolled through quite a few threads where it seemed to be more tweets than paragraphs. That probably feels odd to me because I'm not on Twitter and can't follow them. Anyway, I appreciate the points you've made.

No worries. There are definitely lots of threads where Tweets are more prevalent, definitely here in the CE forum, but posters are encouraged to post them with comments rather than just filling pages with no discussion.

I'm hoping the Brazil ban kicks off a domino effect, where other nations start mandating similar measures against X and Musk. The quicker they're marginalised into the fringes into a 4chan esque niche site the better. At the same time though there needs to be considerable traffic being migrated to alternatives like Bluesky and Threads.

Also hoping that if Kamala Harris wins the election, the Dems take the gloves off and go to town on him. Though they're pretty gutless and I suspect they'd do no such thing.

I'm hoping the Brazil ban kicks off a domino effect, where other nations start mandating similar measures against X and Musk. The quicker they're marginalised into the fringes into a 4chan esque niche site the better. At the same time though there needs to be considerable traffic being migrated to alternatives like Bluesky and Threads.
This. I’m happy that Brazil has banned it. The UK needs to follow suit.

Also hoping that if Kamala Harris wins the election, the Dems take the gloves off and go to town on him. Though they're pretty gutless and I suspect they'd do no such thing.
Need to start pressuring institutions to come off X. Still too much of football is on there, clubs and journalists need to step away from being associated with the hellhole.

Brazil is a 200 million population country right of the bat, so is no joke

If more countries follow suit, Musk will need to backtrack or expose himself to be substituted as the actors that promotes content will have no choice than to migrate

He’s really losing his mind over this Brazil judgement, hoping so many other countries follow the suit. Musk is cooked and on the verge of his downfall, can’t wait to see it happen