Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Is it just me, or has anyone else found themselves inadvertently clicking ads when scrolling? It feels like something’s been changed so you “click” an ad when just attempting to scroll past it.

That's actually a new feature. It detects when you're straying too far from capitalism, and acts accordingly.

An example of this cnuts Twitter.

Note the extremely racist stuff. I have had to get off twitter because all my feed is full of people like @esmufc07 spewing racist shite or American Politics and I don’t even follow them. I know some people will say that it was bad before Musk took over, but at least there was some kind of moderation.

If you vote Democratic, do you sponsor a genocide in Gaza?
Not really, because the bipartisan system is by definition forcing you to do this shitty rotten compromises. You can very well hate the democrats and still vote for them assuming the other option is even worse.
Last time I checked the car market wasn’t really like this

Finally deactivated, sweet relief :drool:

He's a Poundland Henry Ford. A cheap imitation, but has the same desire for fascism in response to his workers trying to unionise.

I’m sorry but if you buy a Tesla these days you directly sponsor Nazi propaganda

While I agree, I hope you didn’t find that link on X itself. Because that would kind of undermine your point.

Yep. I'm not part of the "left", but that's all true.

He's a populist oligarch just like Trump. At the end of the day their policies and actions benefit their class way more than the poor white folk they claim to defend.

What we're essentially seeing are 2 main oligarch factions fighting for power in the Anglo-American world, and it's turning really ugly.

Or you, know, have a Twitter account.
Agreed, it's becoming more and more difficult to justify having an account. Even if you don't see a clear alternative, it's morally necessary to leave it and make do without it.

I would even be in favour of drastically limiting its use on the Caf.

Thankfully I never really used twitter outside of passively coming across embedded tweets on this forum for transfer news and current events (special thanks to our wonderful and tireless news aggregators @VorZakone and @Idxomer ). Only really had an account to try and score United tickets from the usual sources.

As for alternatives, I'll be honest I've been using Threads a bit more regularly recently and....I don't hate it? Yes I know its owned by the evil data-harvesting skinwalker Zuckerbot, but I'll take that as a marginally more palatable alternative to the Space Nazi weirdo. Clinging on the hope that the platform like pretty much every other one that's existed has a shelf life and will become obsolete and replaced by something better, or failing that Musk gets heavily implicated in the Epstein files somehow or hilariously ends up turning into space mush on his next space tourist endeavour.

Thanks for the reminder, i only stayed on to follow the riots but that just made me hate the cnut more, deactivated this morning, the only way I'll be on it is by seeing the links posted on here.

Problem is the platform is so engrained in the internet it's going to be difficult to fully abandon. And to be fair there are still plenty of good accounts on there fighting the good fight, it's just Elon has fecked with the algorithm so much all you see is the Nazi shite everywhere, even when the decent tweeters post under their comments it's just shite with thousands of likes.

It's what he wants. Who cares about human lives when you can further your shitty ideological agenda.
Yep, unhinged bored billionaire who longs for 'exciting' ideological race wars knowing full well the likes of him won't be remotely impacted. These cnuts have pathological main character syndrome.

Agreed, it's becoming more and more difficult to justify having an account. Even if you don't see a clear alternative, it's morally necessary to leave it and make do without it.

I would even be in favour of drastically limiting its use on the Caf.

It's still useful for football news and content but I agree there are too many pointless tweets that people post on here from the site and I think we can cut down on those.

As someone else said too it requires a massive movement of people off the site to another to do anything.

I have never understood why people post tweets that solely consist of a link to a newspaper... couldn't those be banned?

Thankfully I never really used twitter outside of passively coming across embedded tweets on this forum for transfer news and current events (special thanks to our wonderful and tireless news aggregators @VorZakone and @Idxomer ). Only really had an account to try and score United tickets from the usual sources.

As for alternatives, I'll be honest I've been using Threads a bit more regularly recently and....I don't hate it? Yes I know its owned by the evil data-harvesting skinwalker Zuckerbot, but I'll take that as a marginally more palatable alternative to the Space Nazi weirdo. Clinging on the hope that the platform like pretty much every other one that's existed has a shelf life and will become obsolete and replaced by something better, or failing that Musk gets heavily implicated in the Epstein files somehow or hilariously ends up turning into space mush on his next space tourist endeavour.
It's now possible to embed bluesky posts on websites via https://embed.bsky.app/ but it doesn't work on here.

There's something just so perverse about a Social Media owner trying to will hatred and violence into existence. It's shit like this that should be covered by regulation and allow the state to nationalise and then sell off the product. I don't say that lightly. I don't think the state should be able to seize products on the grounds of ideology. I'm specifically talking about this stuff. The owner controls the algorithm and thus what people ingest. If the owner is continually pushing for a civil war, shouldn't there be a way for the state to come in, investigate if he's actually pushing content to incite armed conflict and then take it from him? Why do we allow this shit to go unanswered?

I hate that rhetoric that some personalities, politicians, pricks use where they use one term over and over again and hope it sticks in the wider narrative. I hate it because their drones fall for it and blindly follow them.

After this is over, the UK government should get this guy to come to the UK and answer questions regarding his conduct and his platform's contribution to the riots, bit how like the US grilled TikTok and Zuckerberg. He will most likely decline but it will send a message.

By the way, what the likes of Musk are doing isn't new, it's just more keenly felt in the "developed world" now that they've turned their sights onto their own sphere when before it was mostly targeted towards the "global south" over the past centuries. That, and the toxic mix of social media, make it even more potent - as seen in more recent colour revolutions and coups.

Just hope the extremists on either side aren't funded and armed to the teeth.

After this is over, the UK government should get this guy to come to the UK and answer questions regarding his conduct and his platform's contribution to the riots, bit how like the US grilled TikTok and Zuckerberg. He will most likely decline but it will send a message.
If he declines, X should be blocked in the UK, a precedent he doesn’t want setting as I’m sure there is plenty of other nations that would be happy to follow suit.

Absolutely

For a while people believed Musk to be a very clever man, but he’s worked extremely hard to prove them wrong.