Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I see where you are coming from but surely most people know that you just have to change your DNS?
Most people dont know how to change their DNS, they have no idea what DNS is. I would have thought you'd need a VPN to get past it. You'd have mirror sites up more or less instantly but its an obstacle, it might help kick it into obscurity.
Its a consequence and in the UK's case he'd be eager to cooperate and have the block removed. Which i'd deny him and tell him to get fecked but obviously Labour wont

I see where you are coming from but surely most people know that you just have to change your DNS?
Are 95% of people going to bother/know how though? The committed ones will but the greater problem seems to me the casual users that get dragged in. Break the chain that's made half of our media landscape based around embedded tweets and it's a pretty decent start.

You, of all people should have seen this coming.

He was always what he really is
Why always me? :P

I never owned a share of Tesla, even when I thought that Elon was cool.

Still use Twitter though, but pretty much exclusively the Following part (like news, papers get highly publicized there).

Most people dont know how to change their DNS, they have no idea what DNS is. I would have thought you'd need a VPN to get past it. You'd have mirror sites up more or less instantly but its an obstacle, it might help kick it into obscurity.
Its a consequence and in the UK's case he'd be eager to cooperate and have the block removed. Which i'd deny him and tell him to get fecked but obviously Labour wont
I think few governments would. It would be too easy to paint it as an attack on free speech.
Before anything happens, the media would have tot turn on him in a big way. And so far, they have been cowards making life incredibly easy on him. And they are also still present on his platform and in some cases may even depend on Twitter.

Are 95% of people going to bother/know how though? The committed ones will but the greater problem seems to me the casual users that get dragged in. Break the chain that's made half of our media landscape based around embedded tweets and it's a pretty decent start.
I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Even people who you'd expect to know like retired programmers have just forgotten and thinking to type the question in google and find out instantly is surprisingly uncommon.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no. Even people who you'd expect to know like retired programmers have just forgotten and thinking to type the question in google and find out instantly is surprisingly uncommon.
Make the companies liable for everything that’s published on their platforms. Like newspapers or book publishers. Hold them to the same standards.

Hopefully there can be some kind of Europe-wide action taken about it. The inbuilt lack of moderation and clear pushing of racist material is straightforward grounds, to me.
I think he picked a fight with the EU recently. I'd absolutely love for Twitter to fail.

Thanks for the reminder, i only stayed on to follow the riots but that just made me hate the cnut more, deactivated this morning, the only way I'll be on it is by seeing the links posted on here.

Problem is the platform is so engrained in the internet it's going to be difficult to fully abandon. And to be fair there are still plenty of good accounts on there fighting the good fight, it's just Elon has fecked with the algorithm so much all you see is the Nazi shite everywhere, even when the decent tweeters post under their comments it's just shite with thousands of likes.
Good man. Your sane side will thank you.

I think few governments would. It would be too easy to paint it as an attack on free speech.
Before anything happens, the media would have tot turn on him in a big way. And so far, they have been cowards making life incredibly easy on him. And they are also still present on his platform and in some cases may even depend on Twitter.

There's already a precedence for it with Tiktok to be fair. Obviously that was mainly protectionism but they still made the same arguments at it that apply to Twitter now under Musk. Why is it better for Musk to actually pose an influence over a bogeyman story of China potentially being able to impact Tiktok users if it wishes to? He's a far worse influence on Americans.

If social media needs to fall under the banner of a national security risk then governments need to follow that through with fit and proper ownership or oversight in some form.

There's already a precedence for it with Tiktok to be fair. Obviously that was mainly protectionism but they still made the same arguments at it that apply to Twitter now under Musk. Why is it better for Musk to actually pose an influence over a bogeyman story of China potentially being able to impact Tiktok users if it wishes to? He's a far worse influence on Americans.

If social media needs to fall under the banner of a national security risk then governments need to follow that through with fit and proper ownership or oversight in some form.
Absolutely. But you need balls as a politician to go against one of or maybe even the biggest platform for news there is.

Why always me? :P

I never owned a share of Tesla, even when I thought that Elon was cool.

Still use Twitter though, but pretty much exclusively the Following part (like news, papers get highly publicized there).
Yeah, but you know how to program. The moment he opened his mouth about that you should have had the same reaction the rest of us did.

But honestly, I'm yanking your chain mate :lol:

What happened to freedom of choice?

I struggle to understand what’s that supposed to achieve. Are you actually going to scare companies into advertising on your platform, or have them penalized for refusing to? How?

I struggle to understand what’s that supposed to achieve. Are you actually going to scare companies into advertising on your platform, or have them penalized for refusing to? How?

He's just having a temper tantrum and there's nobody to tell him to smarten up.

It’s also just an incredibly incel thing to do. Getting rejected and lashing out. He’s spent so long appealing to this particular part of his base he’s ended up becoming one.

computer-says-no.jpg

Kinell. I’m still not sure how a boycott could be illegal or hurt Twitter users. But anyway :lol:

Because is not about Twitter and its revenue that is being boycott it. Is about YOU! the town square that we are losing. YOU, not their money what it matters. Hold hands with musk towards a town square revolution

I take this latest news about the lawsuit as a fantastic sign that they are burning cash so fast that they may collapse in the near term.