Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I get that he's interested in playing up to his cult followers, and gain the approval he so clearly needs, but is that the end goal here? There's no way he's actually taking on the EU. He might have had some leverage if it were Tesla, but X? Who the feck cares about X?

I get that he's interested in playing up to his cult followers, and gain the approval he so clearly needs, but is that the end goal here? There's no way he's actually taking on the EU. He might have had some leverage if it were Tesla, but X? Who the feck cares about X?

Yes, one of the biggest social media and probably the biggest from where people push news and political propaganda, who cares about control of the masses compared to an overpriced fast battery on wheels that more sooner than later will sucumb to the big car corporations

Yes, one of the biggest social media and probably the biggest from where people push news and political propaganda, who cares about control of the masses compared to an overpriced fast battery on wheels that more sooner than later will sucumb to the big car corporations

Not what I mean. Tesla is a far more valuable company, and has a far greater impact economically in Europe. Europe can ban X, and it would essentially have zero repercussions. Banning Tesla would be harder.

i've long held my account just for following fantasy football and some podcaster updates. I can't be bothered dealing with what he's about to unleash and promote on that site. It's already enough work to stop @tradwife023452 posts popping up in the most random of shit. Now he's done this the alorgithm is going to be supercharging trump content. I'm too tired and burnt out with politics to now block "how feudalism is awesome" when i'm trying to read sports stats.

The richest man alive is a pathetic, deranged, fascist manchild. This seems bad.

I went looking for what was the "final straw"

NBC’s local California affiliate, KCRA3, wrote that the “bill prohibits school districts from having policies that require parents to be notified if their child identifies as transgender. The passage of Assembly Bill 1955 comes after several school districts across the state put parental notification policies in place. Some of those policies have been challenged in court.”

his entire life is nothing more than performance theater. Not being able to out trans kids via a school letter is his hill to die on. What a fecking loser. :lol:

I'm very much in the camp of "let's not go down / or be very careful with the medical route of transitioning kids too young, we need to study this more". Sex and Gender is still god damn complex for adults let alone making definitive choices pre-puberty. But being "pro outing" of kids in a fecking school letter? There are kids that will die because of that shit, either suicide or at the hands of their parents.

Last edited:
Nope, but there is also not a stable electrical grid, so there is that.
Have Texans been asked what they think of the situation? It's fun to ridicule Texas as an outsider but what do the Texans make of it? Specifically the conservatives, not the liberals of Austin etc.

I remember reading some comments on Reddit about how they've saved more in taxes by living in Texas (instead of Cali) than having spent on emergency resources so it "wasn't a big deal" to have power out for a while.

i don't get why that law in particular has gotten his kickers in a twist?
He has a trans daughter that cut ties with him and he's fallen deep down the Libs of TikTok well.

i don't get why that law in particular has gotten his kickers in a twist?

Just GOP talking points, getting them in whenever he can. He's no different to the red cap diaper wearing lunatics down at the Trump rally's. Except the wealth thing, which just means we hear more of this one particular loon, twitter was bought for election interference.

He has a trans daughter that cut ties with him and he's fallen deep down the Libs of TikTok well.

Speaking of that account, I saw some people yesterday celebrating that JD Vance is discerning, since he doesn't follow her, but does follow luminaries of the internet right like ... Bronze Age Pervert.

One day 'for you' was fine, mostly giving me stuff I'd be interested in. Not always hitting, but by and large useful. The next day at least half the suggestions were anti-immigration, racist, mysoginist, etc. And not just merely generally right wing/conservative either, but very specifically from known far-right figures, sometimes actual neo Nazis (Norwegian or otherwise).

anyone know how to get their x to behave like this?

He supported Obama, Hillary, and Biden in recent elections, so its unlikely that the party moved that far left in such a short time. What is more likely is he became so wealthy over the past few years that he increasingly views Dem taxation and regulatory policy as a threat to his wealth and power.

He supported Obama, Hillary, and Biden in recent elections, so its unlikely that the party moved that far left in such a short time. What is more likely is he became so wealthy over the past few years that he increasingly views Dems taxation and regulatory policy as a threat to his wealth and power.

There's that, but I think this is also just the most prominent case of online radicalization. He got very much into meme culture, basically. He's incredibly vain, and found that the more extreme things he said, the more support he got online - particularly on Twitter. From that he was exposed to increasingly extreme content.

He supported Obama, Hillary, and Biden in recent elections, so its unlikely that the party moved that far left in such a short time. What is more likely is he became so wealthy over the past few years that he increasingly views Dem taxation and regulatory policy as a threat to his wealth and power.
Which reminds me of this from earlier :lol:

A good heart is calling a cave diver who helped rescuing trapped kids a pedo.
I think he means that people who only care about money can’t be pressured to work for less then their worth, a good person will sacrifice for the team, to keep their kids in the same school, and stay in a job a selfish person wouldn’t.