Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

:lol:

Tim Cook seriously needs to tell this guy to feck off. The last time Musk ranted about Apple he later came to Apple Campus to patch up things. Now he should be told to do one.

He's made it so all likes are now private because he's a little child that wants to like shitty things with anybody knowing.

Musk gets a massive bonus for being a failure at keeping Tesla up.
Boeing CEO gets a massive golden-parachute for being a failure at his job.

So, when are we gonna stop pretending that capitalism is a meritocracy?

If i suck at my job, i would just get fired, not get a farewell-bonus of of several years of wages.

One rule for those at the top, another for us "peasants".

Musk gets a massive bonus for being a failure at keeping Tesla up.
Boeing CEO gets a massive golden-parachute for being a failure at his job.

So, when are we gonna stop pretending that capitalism is a meritocracy?

If i suck at my job, i would just get fired, not get a farewell-bonus of of several years of wages.

One rule for those at the top, another for us "peasants".

What are you on about? Tesla's valuation is worth more than several high-profile carmakers combined.

What are you on about? Tesla's valuation is worth more than several high-profile carmakers combined.

Which in itself is very strange. But putting that aside, the shareholder just approved a compensation package for Musk that exceeds the combined net profits of the firm in its entire history. There is some cult of personality shit going on here.

Well, a lot of mainstream media sure wants us to pretend still.
I get more of a TINA vibe from non-US media. They kinda now capitalism sucks but want to convince us that's the best we can do.

Which is based on a nonsensical belief that Musk is a genius whose share prices will always soar....simply because he's Musk. In reality, much of the Tesla story of being a leading EV maker has already exhausted itself now that most other manurfacturers have largely caught up with them. The only area where Tesla still excels is in its supercharger network, but that will soon change as well.

Which is based on a nonsensical belief that Musk is a genius whose share prices will always soar....simply because he's Musk. In reality, much of the Tesla story of being a leading EV maker has already exhausted itself now that most other manurfacturers have largely caught up with them. The only area where Tesla still excels is in its supercharger network, but that will soon change as well.

Tesla is still among the top 3 manufacturers of electric cars in Europe and the US. Moreover there is a strong client affiliation with Tesla products which is only rivalled by the likes of Apple.

World-Top-20-EV-Brands-January-2024.png

Yep. They probably would lose way more than those 45 billion if Musk leaves.

Tesla is still among the top 3 manufacturers of electric cars in Europe and the US. Moreover there is a strong client affiliation with Tesla products which is only rivalled by the likes of Apple.

Here's Q1

https://insideevs.com/news/719284/world-top-automotive-groups-sales-2024q1/

Plug-in car registrations in Q1 2024 (vs. previous year):

1. BYD Group: 624,398 and 19.4% share (vs. 21.3%)
  2. Tesla: 386,825 and 12% share (vs. 16.5%)
  3. Geely-Volvo: 251,106 and 7.8% share (vs. 6.1%)
  4. Volkswagen Group: 205,652 and 6.4% share (vs. 7.4%)
  5. SAIC (incl. SAIC-GM-Wuling): 190,409 and 5.9% share (vs. 5.5%)

Here's Q1

https://insideevs.com/news/719284/world-top-automotive-groups-sales-2024q1/

Plug-in car registrations in Q1 2024 (vs. previous year):

1. BYD Group: 624,398 and 19.4% share (vs. 21.3%)
  2. Tesla: 386,825 and 12% share (vs. 16.5%)
  3. Geely-Volvo: 251,106 and 7.8% share (vs. 6.1%)
  4. Volkswagen Group: 205,652 and 6.4% share (vs. 7.4%)
  5. SAIC (incl. SAIC-GM-Wuling): 190,409 and 5.9% share (vs. 5.5%)

Market share is still rock solid.

What's more that Musk compensation is a stock-option package, not a payout. At the time it was approved Tesla was almost bankrupt.

not sure where you got this data, but half of these aren’t even actual cars.

If you extrapolate where Tesla was a decade ago, to five years ago, to today, to where it will be in five and ten years once the industry are fully caught up - you will see a clear downward trend of Tesla's EV marketshare. Simply put, the Tesla story has already been written when it was the only prominent EV maker. Now that this is no longer the case, there's no reason to invest in Tesla anymore. In fact, the bloated share price is better suited for shorting as Bill Gates has famously done.

Market share is still rock solid.

What's more that Musk compensation is a stock-option package, not a payout. At the time it was approved Tesla was almost bankrupt.

That’s a very strange definition of “rock solid”. They’ve experienced a 27% drop (16.5% to 12%) in market share. The next highest drop in share is BYD, who’ve dropped 4% (21.3% to 19.4%) All the other manufacturers have improved their market share (presumably mainly at Tesla’s expense)

EDIT: Actually VW have dropped 13%

Last edited:
If you extrapolate where Tesla was a decade ago, to five years ago, to today, to where it will be in five and ten years once the industry are fully caught up - you will see a clear downward trend of Tesla's EV marketshare. Simply put, the Tesla story has already been written when it was the only prominent EV maker. Now that this is no longer the case, there's no reason to invest in Tesla anymore. In fact, the bloated share price is better suited for shorting as Bill Gates has famously done.

This may be true but the stock-option package Musk is compensated with pertains to Tesla's valuation surge in 2018-24, tied to very high goals which he superseded.

Which in itself is very strange. But putting that aside, the shareholder just approved a compensation package for Musk that exceeds the combined net profits of the firm in its entire history. There is some **** of personality shit going on here.

I am going to play devils advocate. If you start working as a CEO in a company that owes a house valued in 1 million with 0 debt. They say if you achieve certain goals, we will give you 10 houses. And after 10 years the company has 1000 houses valued in 10 million and every year lost money that put them on debt of 10 million. After that they consider that you achieve the goals and it was all thanks to you (not saying that is all thanks to Musk) and they give you 10 houses. Do you think is a fair deal? or not, because they never had net profits?

Again, devils advocate. I think is obscene through and through. But valuation of a company is not only about the benefit but assets vs liabilities, and benefits and debts it is just a part of it. The reality is that Tesla stock had grown meteorically. Also sells perspectives and physical assets. Sure debt also. And during Musk tenure, the company shareholders had become very rich, thanks or not to him

Also I am sure that you knew that, but you are just lazy and look what you made me do

This may be true but the stock-option package Musk is compensated with pertains to Tesla's valuation surge in 2018-24, tied to very high goals which he superseded.

I don't know what the argument is here. If its that any human is justified to be walking around with $56b in their pockets, then I disagree. If the argument is that people in emerging companies often prefer stock options to higher salaries, then that is pretty normal.

Feels like it's hard finding people anymore who are beaming with their usual Tesla pride. Almost everyone I know has gotten rid of, is trying to get rid of it, or no longer brings it up in every conversation like they used to. Musk character, false promises and quality issues aside - the fact they dropped in cost/value so drastically really put a sour taste in many of their mouths I can tell. And it's hard to blame them - even if some of it was arguably predictable.