Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I remember the day he bought it there were pictures of him having the craic with staff at what looked like some sort of in-office bar. A social setting anyway.

I know Musk is far from alone in this but it must take a special kind of person to do that knowing you're about to lay off X% of them soon after.

Couldn't be me.

A sociopath, yes.

I wonder why twitter cant rely on advertisers?

It couldn't possibly be because its going to be turned into a big musky, trumpy, Top G, Yeezyfest that no sane company is going to want to associate themselves with could it?

If he can drop the price by 60% on a whim then surely he can drop it 95% and charge them something like .99c

Good luck asking people to pay for using social media.

Even ig and whatsapp dont dare to do that.

It only takes 10-20% migration to make the whole thing tumbled.

Bbm messenger was the thing back then, nobody bothers with whatsapp. Until some actually started to use it and the rest is history.

Twitter is such a shite platform utility wise they only rely on the number of people already in it. Without it they're worst than early 2000s platform

Good luck asking people to pay for using social media.

Even ig and whatsapp dont dare to do that.

It only takes 10-20% migration to make the whole thing tumbled.

Bbm messenger was the thing back then, nobody bothers with whatsapp. Until some actually started to use it and the rest is history.

Twitter is such a shite platform utility wise they only rely on the number of people already in it. Without it they're worst than early 2000s platform

This.

Clearly lots of people still don't understand social media and it's rise. Musk seemingly least of all. This "genius" that so many revere doesn't understand it, much less bots and what they are. Hell, what amuses me about the latter, is he claims to understand any programming language, but he didn't know the "depth of the problem" all along...

He's a silver spoon hype man. Nothing more. And the fact this is going to bite him in the arse would be more amusing if it wasn't going to be so dangerous in the meantime.

What about turning Twitter yellow? The entire new army of Elon’s minions would be soooo happy.

Had no idea he owned a Shiba. I take it all back - the man is a legend.

No way he goes through with the $20 plan. It's amazing how little he understands the thing he just spent billions buying.

What an incredible dickhead. Glad I'm not on Twitter and I'm sure as hell not buying one of his crap cars.

What kind of ordinary fecking person wants to pay $8 for a blue checkmark? It's absolutely insane. There are probably some fanboys who are going to do it to prove themselves to Daddy Elon, but not any actual amount.

His cars are ok, to be fair. I wonder if anyone has tried to quantify how much damage he’s done to the Tesla brand by consistently behaving like a petulant child online?

They actually aren't though. The amount of problems with them, and then the parts to repair weirdly doesn't get reported on.

Any repair shop Tesla approved will say the same, they are awful. I'm sure they are fine if you have no problems, but when you do...

What kind of ordinary fecking person wants to pay $8 for a blue checkmark? It's absolutely insane. There are probably some fanboys who are going to do it to prove themselves to Daddy Elon, but not any actual amount.

When it comes into effect, I'm unfollowing all check marks. Those people have made twitter what it is, now we are going to be flooded with endless fools doing it, make sit all even more pointless than before.

Do checkmarked accounts get preference when people search for "new" tweets?

It makes perfect sense to bring in a subscription so your tweets get to the top of everyone's feeds. To combat misinformation. As well all know; misinformation has never been spread by wealthy individuals or organisations.

This plan will protect the average non-paying user because it clearly means money=good and important, whereas poor=not worth paying any attention to.

It makes perfect sense to bring in a subscription so your tweets get to the top of everyone's feeds. To combat misinformation. As well all know; misinformation has never been spread by wealthy individuals or organisations.

This plan will protect the average non-paying user because it clearly means money=good and important, whereas poor=not worth paying any attention to.

Pfft screw the peasants...I'm more worried about the fact this is to pay for Musk's mistake here and that he has to show profit to his backers on this purchase.

But hey...genius!

So not so free speech then. Yet to see anything about this person that garners so much adulation

"Half as many" ads!

joe-biden-cmon-man.gif

So not so free speech then. Yet to see anything about this person that garners so much adulation
It's great!

"I'm the saviour of free speech*!"

*Provided you can pay, otherwise your speech is hidden under a paywall.

Aside from anything else, for at least some types of celebs it will immediately seem extremely uncool to have the dorky blue tick you have to pay for.

100%.
These proletariat twats won't understand.

You can tell this is just a bunch of ideas pull out his arse. It’s the sort of thing that needs proper market research and analysis and he’s literally just sitting there going “right I’ve got a great idea” and posting it.

Anyone that has worked in software development, business analysis, product development or project management will know that anything that sounds like a good idea at the time can usually be dismantled and discarded with even the shallowest of scrutiny.