Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Seems like the Cybertruck won't be available in the UK/EU anytime soon. Its so heavy that under UK and EU rules you need a truck license to drive it. It doesn't seem to great at a head collision either

So range and features match? As I could say LDV T60 is cheaper than a Ranger Raptor, but they're not comparable as vehicles, other than they're both trucks of a similar size.

Range is pretty similar from what I could see. Rest of your post I am not sure I follow. Also I am not here to answer your questions, since you still haven't answered what are major positives about Cybertruck?

Sandy Munro rates it, he knows a thing or two about vehicles and manufacturing them. All of the reviews I've watched on it are positive as well. I'd say this thread isn't a reliable source for anything to do with anything Musk owns or his companies produce.
I have zero interest in buying one, but can understand why some people would.
All you have to do is look at the crash test footage. Look at how violently the dummy is thrown forward in the Cybertruck, and the fact that its rear axle appears to snap. It absorbs virtually none of the energy of an impact. It's as dangerous to those inside as those outside.

And, seeing as how it's Tesla, it's guaranteed a shoddily built pile of crap.

It's rare we get Musk defenders in here these days, most intelligent people have seen what a massive tool he is. And people are waking up to how garbage his cars are as well.

Last edited:
Seems like the Cybertruck won't be available in the UK/EU anytime soon. Its so heavy that under UK and EU rules you need a truck license to drive it. It doesn't seem to great at a head collision either

For what I read its weight is less than 3.500 kg, that is the limit in EU. So it should not be the problem to come to europe.

I don't know though, how popular are pick ups in other countries in europe but in Spain are rare. and by rare I mean seeing 1 or 2 a year if any

Cybertruck in real life is basically when you take a villager model out of Minecraft and put it in Elden Ring.

All you have to do is look at the crash test footage. Look at how violently the dummy is thrown forward in the Cybertruck, and the fact that its rear axle appears to snap. It absorbs virtually none of the energy of an impact. It's as dangerous to those inside as those outside.

It's rare we get Musk defenders in here these days, most intelligent people have seen what a massive tool he is. And people are waking up to how garbage his cars are as well.

For what I read its weight is less than 3.500 kg, that is the limit in EU. So it should not be the problem to come to europe.

I don't know though, how popular are pick ups in other countries in europe but in Spain are rare. and by rare I mean seeing 1 or 2 a year if any

Same in the UK. Very occasionally you see a Dodge Ram or something but most of the roads aren't suitable for them, they're generally expensive and have very poor fuel consumption. You do see some smaller pickups (Toyota's or similar), usually belonging to workmen of some description, but the large American type are very rare.

Last edited:
they might sell well in Iceland. They love their huge pick up trucks and they produce far more electricity than they can ever consume.

Sandy Munro rates it, he knows a thing or two about vehicles and manufacturing them. All of the reviews I've watched on it are positive as well. I'd say this thread isn't a reliable source for anything to do with anything Musk owns or his companies produce.
I have zero interest in buying one, but can understand why some people would.

Range is pretty similar from what I could see. Rest of your post I am not sure I follow. Also I am not here to answer your questions, since you still haven't answered what are major positives about Cybertruck?
Same in the UK. Very occasionally you see a Dodge Ram or something but most of the roads aren't suitable for them, they're generally expensive and have very poor fuel consumption. You do see some smaller pickups (Toyota's or similar), usually belonging to workmen of some description, but the large American type are very rare.

I guess that's a regional thing though, as I personally know loads of people who have large pick up trucks, Ford, RAM,.Dodge, Toyota etc.... But I live in a fishing port and farming area so all but two of owners I know use them for work as well as.personal use. I agree when I'm driving outside of Devon/Cornwall/Dorset I see less.and less of them. You definitely see far more Range Rovers and larger cars around though. From a practical point of view I definitely don't expect to see any Cyber trucks around as they just don't have the space needed by those who would be using them regularly.

I'm scratching my head as to whom would actually buy them other than fanboys as they look ugly as feck (although that is in the eye of the beholder) but more importantly, they just look totally impractical for what they are claiming to be. They are also incredibly expensive and being a Tesla, probably will be prone to faults as well and have ridiculously priced parts and most garages won't be allowed.or able to or want to touch them.

If you want an electric pickup truck you’d have to be extremely stupid to get this Tesla POS over an F150 or a Rivian.

they might sell well in Iceland. They love their huge pick up trucks and they produce far more electricity than they can ever consume.
There was a video of it struggling on a small dirt incline so they should stay well clear over in Iceland.

And now for something completely different:

GAbs4pYXoAA3jR6

It’s not even a funny usage of the ‘thats what she said’ meme

Model Y is a superb vehicle, a friend of mine owns one, safest thing you can own, highest ever ANCAP scores and build quality is excellent. Looks odd but hey who cares if others don't like it.
Hitting a solid object at 40 mph I'm pretty sure everything in every vehicle would be thrown forward, I've never seen one where I doesn't happen. Will have to see where it scores on ANCAP testing.
Not sure where I'm defending Musk, as he is not what is company produces. But whatever floats your boat. I can see why people don't bother posting in here, the pack come for them even at the slightest hint of defending a Tesla product. They also do great chargers as well :p

I think Elon covered that at the launch, no paint chips, no rust, bullet proof, tough windows, blows away rivals towing and for speed off the mark etc. I have no intention of buying one, just a current trend of interest. Then trying to find out what people are posting is based on any truth or simply just because the don't like Musk.

I think Elon covered that at the launch, no paint chips, no rust, bullet proof, tough windows, blows away rivals towing and for speed off the mark etc. I have no intention of buying one, just a current trend of interest. Then trying to find out what people are posting is based on any truth or simply just because the don't like Musk.
"No rust"

Oh this will be tested.

There will be no paint chips because there's no paint, if you want it in a color other than steel you have to get it wrapped which will chip even worse than paint. Being bullet proof and having tough windows is great if you live inside a Batman comic book, in real life the only thing those "positives" add to the car is a huge amount of weight which will give you less range, worse braking and handling, endanger people in a crash etc etc.

Model Y is a superb vehicle, a friend of mine owns one, safest thing you can own, highest ever ANCAP scores and build quality is excellent. Looks odd but hey who cares if others don't like it.
Know several people with Teslas, and have sat in my share of them. "Excellent" isn't a word I, nor the owners, would use to describe the build quality. It's comparable to budget brands. Skoda looks a premium brand by comparison.

Know several people with Teslas, and have sat in my share of them. "Excellent" isn't a word I, nor the owners, would use to describe the build quality. It's comparable to budget brands. Skoda looks a premium brand by comparison.

I can only speak for one of the latest models' from China, I believe the build quality there is better than the US. Everyone I know who has a Tesla has no such complaints, I personally like the model Y and have friends who own model 3's.
Than again I don't know what you're driving to make the comparison. Having owned a Skoda I can certainly say the Tesla's in Australia are more premium.

No paint chips - if course there is no paint chips when there is no paint. I am sure every competition can made stainless steel body, I wonder how no one in car industry has thought about that before?

No rust- we are in 2023, which car has problem with rust?

Bullet proof - I am sure bullet proof cars were invented 30 or even more years ago, it's not a major breakthrough. It's also not important, except if you are not located in Gaza at the moment. Or if you want to have extra weight that makes your car drive like a tank, and not being able to pass the security laws.

Tough windows - what does that even mean, when is the last time you broke your car window? Also from first video it broke, and on the second video it didn't even look tough, they threw something like tennis ball at low speed to prove they are tough.

Towing - it blows away only on promise made few years ago, but the specification at the moment are the same as from the competition, and even those are yet to be proven.
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45953678/tesla-cybertruck-payload-towing-capacity-revealed/

It's only better at payload, but even that is to be proven yet, because they lied about most of things so far.

There is literally nothing impressive about this truck yet. And I guess it will only go downhill from now, because first off road videos and actual driving videos aren't doing it any favour, aside from the obvious impractical argument.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same. At best they're using 304 stainless and I bet they'll do something daft like brush it with mild steel brushes and transfer free iron on to it that corrodes.
Given most modern cars don't really rust, it's a waste of time.

Can cars still rust? I live in The Netherlands where rain is the standard weather. Never see any rusted cars :nervous:

Can cars still rust? I live in The Netherlands where rain is the standard weather. Never see any rusted cars :nervous:
Salt is the thing that would cause a car to rust, but body panel rust certainly is essentially a non-issue these days.