Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Nah, he's been obsessed with the letter for decades. He founded x.com as a PayPal-esque service that then merged with PayPal, he wanted to rebrand it all to x.com and was kicked off the board. Obviously he's got spaceX too, and now he's decided to bring back x.com to replace twitter

Not the point, but x.com was just an online bank of sorts. Confinity (Thiel and gang), who they merged with and became PayPal, was a broader company, and in the end they ditched everything except the actual product PayPal that Confinity had already launched before Musk got involved.

Not the point, but x.com was just an online bank of sorts. Confinity (Thiel and gang), who they merged with and became PayPal, was a broader company, and in the end they ditched everything except the actual product PayPal that Confinity had already launched before Musk got involved.

So he wanted to rebrand the thing that wasn't even an idea he'd had then? Classic Muxk

So he wanted to rebrand the thing that wasn't even an idea he'd had then? Classic Muxk

Sort of. x.com and Confinity had some overlap, but they ditched everything from x.com and most from Confinity, so there is nothing from him in the company except a failed name change, a failed switch to Windows, and money.

I never thought I'd root for Zuckerberg as hard as I am, but here we are.
The engagement on threads has not kept up after the initial euphoria. It will likely require another global downtime for Twitter to get some spark again. So let's what stupid thing Elon does next.

Ah, so its like reddit coins.
It's basically this
7a0d9a29-006b-4045-977b-e419e8b116b9_text.gif

So can someone explain it to me? It’s now X? Or TwitterX. Do you still “tweet” or is invaluable part of the global vernacular and brand recognition now defunct?
it's now X. He's made reference to tweets being called "X's" and thus tweeting is "X'ing" and so on :lol:

He's basically trying to force "western wechat" on everyone. He claims this is part of a shift to essentially having your entire life in one app. So twitter/GPay/Apple Pay/Ebay/Alibaba etc all on one site/app.

That’s shocking. You have so much brand recognition when it comes to aspects like tweeting, it’s going to be a nightmare to get this to properly stick. Hard to imagine this being implemented in a manner which isn’t really clunky and clumsy as well.

It doesn’t seem like a very comfortable name either. Instead of posting some tweets on Twitter, or tweeting some tweets on Twitter, it’s going to be “X’ing some X’s on X” :lol:

It’s super fecking weird that they’ve changed the logo, but kept pretty much all of the other elements of the visual identity. Same color scheme that you associate with the old logo and everything.

This is pretty much the opposite of how you’d ideally do a rebranding.

The engagement on threads has not kept up after the initial euphoria. It will likely require another global downtime for Twitter to get some spark again. So let's what stupid thing Elon does next.

There are 3 major twitter-like apps and they all suck for 3 very different reasons. Bluesky is filled with the worst stereotypes of SJWs, Threads has a lot of censorship and a ton of ads/sponsored type stuff, Twitter X has the most braindead replies prioritised and swarming all posts, an insane owner, unstable servers, and a ton of open Nazis.

Welcome to X. Now this is how you do a rebranding:

F1zB9LSaUAIpjz2
vscode => find and replace => “Tweets” => “Xs” => “Are you sure you want to change 1617 instances in 311 files?” => Click “Yes” => commit => Merge into main

Does Musk know it isn't April 1?

So can someone explain it to me? It’s now X? Or TwitterX. Do you still “tweet” or is invaluable part of the global vernacular and brand recognition now defunct?

It's mental to ditch this.

It’s super fecking weird that they’ve changed the logo, but kept pretty much all of the other elements of the visual identity. Same color scheme that you associate with the old logo and everything.

This is pretty much the opposite of how you’d ideally do a rebranding.
Almost feels like they did it on a whim, without any real planning

“X” is also a bit cringe in that he must think it sounds really cool.

I had a bunch of X’s in my old gamer tag when I was like 14. I thought it was badass, the X stood for extreme

I assume this is about consolidating everything under a brand identity.

SpaceX and TwitterX first. Possibly TeslaX at some point in the future. A bit like the way Apple have done with the letter "i" at the beginning of all their product names.

Is he still not paying rent for Twitter's office or something like that? I swear Musk gets away with a lot of shenanigans that you never hear of again.

I knew I've seen that before:

simpson-homer-mister-x-imagen.jpg

Hoping Bill Gates is still around.

This feels like a trump style implementation. Idea hatched on a Monday, coded on Tuesday, launched on Wednesday. About five people involved in total. Reminds me of Giuliani's press conference at the Four Seasons Total Landscaping office, spouting utter nonsense to boot.

This is such a shitty rebranding. Forget the idea itself being shitty, they announced the change and implemented overnight and then did nothing except change the logo, have x.com redirect to twitter and have Musk make a nonsensical announcement about how x is the imperfection of us all.

I think this is probably the most amateurish feat Musk has pulled yet, which is saying something.

Last edited:
Tweeting will now be Xcreting. Tweets will now be Xcretions.

Yes, I stole this off Reddit.

Damn. That's perfect.

It seems like he puts no thought into any of this but its all failing so spectacularly that part of me wonders if its deliberate. Even if he was just throwing shit at the wall, surely some of it would stick but he's failing from every angle so maybe it's deliberate and he just thinks this is funny?

He overpaid a lot for it, he has simply decided he is going to have fun with it.

That's the only explanation of his moronic decisions that makes any sense to me.