Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

You have to wonder what his true motives are. It’s cartoonishly inept the way he is running the company. Legitimately like a teenager has been handed the keys.

I wonder what the true worth of the company is now compared to what he paid. Maybe half?

You have to wonder what his true motives are. It’s cartoonishly inept the way he is running the company. Legitimately like a teenager has been handed the keys.

I wonder what the true worth of the company is now compared to what he paid. Maybe half?
A third to a quarter.

He might be the biggest tool in the world at this point. He's on about a year and a half streak where everything he touches starts to reek of shit. Absolute dog cnut.

According to the Guardian, a company involved in the takeover values Twitter at a third of what Musk paid for it.

Fidelity, an asset manager that held a stake in Twitter worth about $20m after Musk acquired the business for $44bn, said in a corporate filing that its stake was now worth just under $6.6m. That would value the overall company, now officially called X Holdings Corp after Musk’s early venture X.com, at just $14.75bn.

I have never liked or used twitter, so this is just funny to see from the outside.

I sort of feel like I missed out. Never really used it beforehand except for guest viewing betting tips once in a while, but early on in the takeover spent time, funnelled from this thread, looking at it from here due to the funny Musk memes. Ended up seeing lots of unrelated interesting articles on a bunch of subjects (Science, nature, film/literature etc) from industry experts. Just as I started to see the appeal, some weird decisions were made that negatively impacted the experience. One of the main ones being the whole blue checkmark thing that allows them to buy in and get grouped at the top in replies. So instead of interesting or witty replies at the top, I get spammed with the loons stating "the vaccines killed a dozen people on my street" and that "crypto is king check out what I'm working on here".

I read it in an article today. You're right. :lol:
It is really like Succession if the kids stayed in charge. Completely governed by impulse. He makes Zuckerberg look like Henry Ford.

TwitteX will be dead by then.

He makes Zuckerberg look like an antisemitic fascist?

I remember loving watching wrestling in the 90s, which made me a fecking dork but even as a late 90s prime dork, I would still look down on the type of wrestling fans who loved d'generation X with it's 'X' branding because even the biggest dork could see what a lazy, crude and obvious insignia it was. It was obviously designed for the lowest of the low. Juvenile shit, utterly lacking in any imagination.

all embedded Xs still carry the twitter logo as does the browser icon. the app is still named twitter. x.com redirects to twitter.com rather than the other way around.

It annoys me how inept this shitty rebranding is.

I remember loving watching wrestling in the 90s, which made me a fecking dork but even as a late 90s prime dork, I would still look down on the type of wrestling fans who loved d'generation X with it's 'X' branding because even the biggest dork could see what a lazy, crude and obvious insignia it was. It was obviously designed for the lowest of the low. Juvenile shit, utterly lacking in any imagination.
Am I missing something? What is X supposed to stand for?

And coming from a wrestler fan is saying a lot of how sad it is

They won’t worry one bit. Their legal teams will handle the fallout on that front and they’ll just stand by and watch until all the lights are switched off for good on Twitter or X or whatever the feck he calls it today.

"if you don't pay us, our absolutely shitty operation against preventing impersonation and phishing might hurt your business."

AKA the Car Guard business model. Learning from the best.

The worst take in the thread.

Elon's a paedophile himself. That much is abundantly clear. Hanging out with Epstein and Maxwell, calling other people paedophiles (aka. projection) and now this shit.

Elon's a paedophile himself. That much is abundantly clear. Hanging out with Epstein and Maxwell, calling other people paedophiles (aka. projection) and now this shit.

Do you think that when people call other people paedophiles, it usually means they are one too?

If you go x.com you are re-directed to twitter.com, where you are still prompted to "Join Twitter today".

How is it possible to do anything so half-arsed? Outside of getting the domain and slapping an X in the corner of the site, nothing has changed.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/tesla-batteries-range/

Tesla created secret team to suppress thousands of driving range complaints

About a decade ago, Tesla rigged the dashboard readouts in its electric cars to provide “rosy” projections of how far owners can drive before needing to recharge, a source told Reuters. The automaker last year became so inundated with driving-range complaints that it created a special team to cancel owners’ service appointments.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/tesla-batteries-range/

Tesla created secret team to suppress thousands of driving range complaints

About a decade ago, Tesla rigged the dashboard readouts in its electric cars to provide “rosy” projections of how far owners can drive before needing to recharge, a source told Reuters. The automaker last year became so inundated with driving-range complaints that it created a special team to cancel owners’ service appointments.
Elon tried to sue Top Gear for libel because they portrayed the Tesla Roadster running out of juice, and because Clarkson did some Clarkson hyperbole about how much time it would take to charge an electric car.