Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

i really don't understand what he's doing with this change, he's falsely verifying people. There is now absolutely no distinction between troll and normal verification. They all say the same thing. A blue tick on Lebron or Stephen King (actively telling people he didn't verify) is as "verified" as some random bot.

Musk doesn't fully realize how bad his erratic decisions look for advertisers. They're fleeing the platform and it'll keep happening until someone who has a clue about what he's doing takes over. Nobody will spend dozens of millions in ads on a site that changes the rules everyday.

Also, the blue tick is mostly a sign of righwing techbro nowadays, it's better not to have it.

The amount of morons bigging themselves up because they have a blue tick that they pay for is hilarious. They are turning themselves in to human pretzels trying to defend Musk and they are dissing all those who have lost their ticks. Although, it does seem like lots of people have had their ticks restored in the last few hours or so.

I absolutely think Musk was just blagging and trolling when he offered to buy Twitter, I don't think he really wanted to and I also think he definitely did not want to pay $44 billion for it. I think he just took it too far and then got himself in a trap he couldn't back out of legally. He didn't want to lose face so he stumped up the cash and now he doesn't have a fecking clue what to do with it.

His sacking of staff wasn't to streamline the company, imho it was to save cash. I'm not saying some cuts couldn't have been made, because I'm sure they could, just not to the extent that has been done. It's a dangerous game running something as big and popular as Twitter on the bare bones he's left himself with, especially when he's making stupid fecking decisions with little or no thought on how to implement them or how they will affect the site.

We've already seen minor issues arise and some more serious security breaches and huge fall outs with current and former staff. I honestly don't think it will be long before a major issue arises, it just remains to be seen how it will be handled and if it is catastrophic or not.

The amount of morons bigging themselves up because they have a blue tick that they pay for is hilarious. They are turning themselves in to human pretzels trying to defend Musk and they are dissing all those who have lost their ticks. Although, it does seem like lots of people have had their ticks restored in the last few hours or so.

Even more knots when you point out to those people who are using the old "celebs think they are better, now they are the same!" line than Musk is giving them the tick back for free because of their follower counts :lol:

On the surface this looks like an attempted troll about the #stoptheblue stuff, but it actually started happening when the apparant leaks came out about just how few actually paid to retain the badge. I follow a number of celebs/streamers and all that and very few actually did, most were saying "oh well" then asking what was going on when the tick came back. This morning it's the same with the UK ones.

He's fudging the figures.

6C5pUKN.png

promoting the paid check replies to the top is seriously degrading the site. every popular tweet now has 20 posts of inane braindead shit or the worst people Building Their Brands. just saw a climate change tweet and there was so much vomit in the replies. of course some denialism, but also banal nonsense. might as well be facebook.

The comments under this tweet show very well who got their fancy blue tick. Elon is on the verge of destroying twitter.

dril's account is "under review".
It just means he changed his name and therefore needs to be reviewed before his check mark is back.

He did it on purpose. He doesn’t want the check mark.

The replies to that unicef tweet make you want to jump off a bridge.

The replies to that unicef tweet make you want to jump off a bridge.

One thing historians will look back on is how we allowed expression of any speech to carry the same weight as facts and knowledge. Anyone can scream out conspiracy BS, but we've normalised all speech as having equal authority and that it should be taken equally seriously. Which has left us in this situation of crazy people have equal time and status to say their crazy shit.

Where are we up to with the checks? Still with a large list of high follower accounts claiming to have purchased one when they clearly haven't?

The growth of the anti vax movement must surely be among the biggest feck ups of our time. It baffles me how we let this happen and still let it happen.

One thing historians will look back on is how we allowed expression of any speech to carry the same weight as facts and knowledge. Anyone can scream out conspiracy BS, but we've normalised all speech as having equal authority and that it should be taken equally seriously. Which has left us in this situation of crazy people have equal time and status to say their crazy shit.

Yup. The erosion of faith in authority/experts is a fecking disaster for society. Will make us regress. Yay for social media…

Yup. The erosion of faith in authority/experts is a fecking disaster for society. Will make us regress. Yay for social media…
Definitely the brain child of a libertarian think tank. Experts are the leading cause of regulation.

Twitter is finished as the virtual, global, meeting room of the liberal news with the semi-competent people, if you like. It’s just another cesspit right now, and advertisers are fleeing en masse to avoid the sh*t.

The growth of the anti vax movement must surely be among the biggest feck ups of our time. It baffles me how we let this happen and still let it happen.

It has reached the most dangerous stage. Years after the beginning of the movement they’ve now decided they were all vindicated somehow.

Which is why I don’t believe in free speech as people envision it. If all speech was free without any rules or regulation the richest guy could just buy all the information avenues out there and spread misinformation at his will.

It has reached the most dangerous stage. Years after the beginning of the movement they’ve now decided they were all vindicated somehow.
And there is virtually nobody fighting the movement. Instead lots of ideas they have are now shared by the common population. The amount of people I know who now say stuff like: I wouldn’t vaccinate a baby or shit like that. The harm from this movement will be with us for many years.

And there is virtually nobody fighting the movement. Instead lots of ideas they have are now shared by the common population. The amount of people I know who now say stuff like: I wouldn’t vaccinate a baby or shit like that. The harm from this movement will be with us for many years.

It’s definitely terrifying and part of a larger anti science movement. The only consolation I give myself is these people are loud and most folks don’t bother arguing with them so we don’t hear them.

I think that because if you look at the stats with the amount of folks who got the vaccine it seems pretty high compared to the supposed masses that “woke up” against it as anti vaxers have us believe

Anyway the scary thing is how people aren’t hesitant about vaccines or have doubts. I sorta understand that (despite it being false 99 percent of the time) but there’s a genuine belief that the vaccines were a big cash grab/population control mechanism. People I’d consider normal both republican and democrats that believe this crap

This should be fun

Ah ffs, they suspended the account

Last edited:

It’s just constantly amateur hour.

What an absulute cesspool he's turned twitter into. Take a look at all the top replies for this tweet. I have followed the Holler for a while now and the top replies for his tweets were almost always positive. Now its pure filth. Just deleted my account. Never made a single tweet, but the place is almost unusable now even as a pure consumer.