Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

What an absulute cesspool he's turned twitter into. Take a look at all the top replies for this tweet. I have followed the Holler for a while now and the top replies for his tweets were almost always positive. Now its pure filth. Just deleted my account. Never made a single tweet, but the place is almost unusable now even as a pure consumer.

Yep, disappointing. I've learned to view twitter as youtube, never look at the replies.

It just means he changed his name and therefore needs to be reviewed before his check mark is back.

He did it on purpose. He doesn’t want the check mark.

Yeah, I watched him change it a couple of times. Although that's likeliest why, it's still funny as Musk was directly interacting with tweets about people calling it a feud and mocking him about it.

I can't see the other thread, but how is it possible that this didn't get more reach worlwide?

Because the BBC are only interested in sucking Musk's cock. It was quite funny that the thing blew up after they'd been writing articles about "Musk's rocket" though, I'll give them that.

I mean, that’s obviously weird but are those really the best examples they could find of “a lot of bizarre sexual content”?

I dunno but regardless it’s fecking bizarre :lol:

He’s roleplaying a child.

The thing I always find weirdest is the people who see stories like this come out and reply really aggressively with things like “WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE” and “WHO IS REPORTING THIS?” And “YOU CANT PROVE ITS HIM”

So many people have attached their entire personality to this guy, like they did Trump, and any time when he’s shown to be a grifter or just down right weird it’s like a personal attack on their entire being.

I think it's a little over blown - advertisers have actually been returning after the initial takeover.

This is not overblown:

More than half of Twitter's top 1,000 advertisers in September were no longer spending on the platform in the first weeks of January, according to data provided to CNN by digital marketing analysis firm Pathmatics by Sensor Tower, in a striking sign of how far reaching the advertiser exodus has been following Elon Musk's acquisition of the company.

Brands such as Mondelez International Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ), Coca-Cola Co. (NYSE: KO), Merck & Co Inc. (NYSE: MRK), Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. (NYSE: HLT) and AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) have also not returned to Twitter in terms of advertising as of February, Bloomberg noted.

Last month, Musk said that Twitter’s revenue had fallen by 50% since October because of a decline in advertising.

If Musk himself is saying that Twitter’s revenue fell by 50% from advertising, and they revalued the company at literally half the price he bought it for just last month, then this is far worse than he ever could’ve expected.

This is not overblown:

If Musk himself is saying that Twitter’s revenue fell by 50% from advertising, and they revalued the company at literally half the price he bought it for just last month, then this is far worse than he ever could’ve expected.

It's certainly not been a good period but I can see this calming down. Advertisers are like sheep these days due to them being terrified of any sort of bad PR.

The thing I always find weirdest is the people who see stories like this come out and reply really aggressively with things like “WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE” and “WHO IS REPORTING THIS?” And “YOU CANT PROVE ITS HIM”

So many people have attached their entire personality to this guy, like they did Trump, and any time when he’s shown to be a grifter or just down right weird it’s like a personal attack on their entire being.

In the absence of God we will create one

This is not overblown:

I’d be interested to know how many of Musk’s Twitter investors view their ROI as financial and how many view it as a political tool that can be used to further right wing agendas and sow political discourse around the world.

The investors are a who’s who of libertarian tech bros and Saudi/Qatari sheiks.

I mean, that’s obviously weird but are those really the best examples they could find of “a lot of bizarre sexual content”?
First post he's responding to is absolutely sexual. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Elon had no idea about it when he was responding.

what in the fresh hell is a twitter subscriber? :lol:

If you open his tweet there is a purple "subscribe" under his name and makes reference to "subscribers" helping users "make a little money" Is he creating twitter-substack?

what in the fresh hell is a twitter subscriber? :lol:

If you open his tweet there is a purple "subscribe" under his name and makes reference to "subscribers" helping users "make a little money" Is he creating twitter-substack?

I just got a notification that someone I follow subscribed to some right wing christian I'd never heard of which prompting me to subscribe so I could access his exclusive content.

Needless to say I wasted no time at all.

You lot are sounding like people in abusive relationships.

Just leave it.

You lot are sounding like people in abusive relationships.

Just leave it.

I’d say it’s more like people who are in a fun club and some dickhead comes in and buys the building.

I’d say it’s more like people who are in a fun club and some dickhead comes in and buys the building.
Alright but he changed all the house rules, the music, the menu, swapped alcohol for meth and brought along his sycophant mates who now get all the mic time. Yet some people still dancing like it's 2018.

Alright but he changed all the house rules, the music, the menu, swapped alcohol for meth and brought along his sycophant mates who now get all the mic time. Yet some people still dancing like it's 2018.

Yeah cause they all bought blue ticks. The rest of the people are complaining but have nowhere else to go. They can't fund a new site.

Yeah cause they all bought blue ticks. The rest of the people are complaining but have nowhere else to go. They can't fund a new site.
Nowhere else to go is a bit dramatic. We’re not talking about housing here. It’s a website. They have everywhere in the world to go.
People lived wonderful and pleasant lives before Twitter. This is still possible now. The idea that Twitter is somehow a necessity for private people is absurd. It’s just a website.

Nowhere else to go is a bit dramatic. We’re not talking about housing here. It’s a website. They have everywhere in the world to go.
People lived wonderful and pleasant lives before Twitter. This is still possible now. The idea that Twitter is somehow a necessity for private people is absurd. It’s just a website.
"You have a roof over your head. what's the problem?"

ok boomer.

Twitter created value for a lot of users. Now it no longer creates the same value, and when it creates some of it, it comes with a greater amount of noise. There are no alternative communities out there currently capable of creating similar value.