Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

regulardaytwitter.jpg

I'm not so sure, I follow a lot of people who have lost the check mark. King has had direct interaction with Musk on this in the past, so have a number of people who now still have the checkmark.

Musk is being incredibly petty here.
Huge man child being incredibly petty shocker!

I don't even understand what he's up to. The blue tick is now a paid for decoration but what's the flipping point?
he is probably betting the house on trolls buying twitter blue to post horrific shit under celeb fake accounts to make them give in.

This is the reality he wants to live in, his libertarian utopia.

he is probably betting the house on trolls buying twitter blue to post horrific shit under celeb fake accounts to make them give in.

This is the reality he wants to live in, his libertarian utopia.
Give in to what though? Do they get a special tick if they pay or is it just another blue tick? Because even if they paid it wouldn’t be possible to tell which one is real

I wonder if he'll disable embedding tweets onto forums or making links visible if you're not a registered user. It looks like just being able to search is disabled if you're not logged in now.

If that happens the transfer forum on this site will be a lot less busy which is probably a good thing but a lot of interesting news commentary or videos will be blocked. I don't log into twitter so most of what I see is through what others post in community forums.

I wonder if he'll disable embedding tweets onto forums or making links visible if you're not a registered user. It looks like just being able to search is disabled if you're not logged in now.

If that happens the transfer forum on this site will be a lot less busy which is probably a good thing but a lot of interesting news commentary or videos will be blocked. I don't log into twitter so most of what I see is through what others post in community forums.

I noticed I could no longer search Twitter using Safari on my iPhone unless i was logged into twitter (I cancelled my account a few weeks ago, so that won't be happening).

The Federalist…

He actively seeks out this BS because he needs to fuel the narrative "democrats are actually even worse". It's all he does on twitter. The "town square" "free speech" lies are just the gloss coating to achieve what he wants, spread dis-info and fabrications to point out "see i'm right, they are all bad".

He's MTG, but with a line of credit.

When the Musk thing started I thought there’d be blowback against Twitter with a significant exodus. Whats surprised me is how much people are still on there yet so critical of Musk/Twitter.

It’s a challenge boycotting things now with such investment from all over the world in everyday things but I never thought it’d extend to fecking Twitter

"Pay us $1500 per month to stop trolls buying twitter blue and posting racist memes posing as The Red Cross" :lol: :lol:

VUd1UWx.jpg

When the Musk thing started I thought there’d be blowback against Twitter with a significant exodus. Whats surprised me is how much people are still on there yet so critical of Musk/Twitter.

It’s a challenge boycotting things now with such investment from all over the world in everyday things but I never thought it’d extend to fecking Twitter

It's difficult because Twitter is unique in the way it is viewed and used by many. Just look at the majority of threads in this forum alone and you can see how influential and important Twitter is.

Until someone comes up with something that can replace Twitters usefulness, I think most will stay, albeit reluctantly and many, will just use it as a read only/post elsewhere site and keep their own interactions on Twitter at an absolute minimum.

It’s not particularly hard to leave given that one doesn’t need an account to read tweets.

It's difficult because Twitter is unique in the way it is viewed and used by many. Just look at the majority of threads in this forum alone and you can see how influential and important Twitter is.

Until someone comes up with something that can replace Twitters usefulness, I think most will stay, albeit reluctantly and many, will just use it as a read only/post elsewhere site and keep their own interactions on Twitter at an absolute minimum.
Understandable when you have loads of uses for it, which the silent majority likely do. It’s strange seeing some of the most prominent people involved in the topic on the site with high engagement and funny memes. It’s a bizarre catch 22 where taking the piss out of Musk also drives usage and enjoyment of the app.

Understandable when you have loads of uses for it, which the silent majority likely do. It’s strange seeing some of the most prominent people involved in the topic on the site with high engagement and funny memes. It’s a bizarre catch 22 where taking the piss out of Musk also drives usage and enjoyment of the app.

Exactly. It's a strange one really. I like Twitter because it's an important source of news to me and also because it's the most impersonal of all the social media apps/sites.

For me, Musk is slowly destroying Twitter and I can't honestly see how it's not going to end well with him in charge.

You need an account to follow particular people, though. I'm not going to individually bookmark 20 Twitter accounts and go through them one by one.

The accounts should remain in your previous searches, so all you would need to do is type the first letter of the account name it appears in the drop down. They are probably also in your cookies. But if one was that hopelessly addicted to Twitter, then they should just keep their account, and if necessary, pay Musk the money he wants.

The accounts should remain in your previous searches, so all you would need to do is type the first letter of the account name it appears in the drop down. They are probably also in your cookies. But if one was that hopelessly addicted to Twitter, then they should just keep their account, and if necessary, pay Musk the money he wants.

Hopelessly addicted, get over yourself :lol:

How else would you call it?

Normal use? Are you hopelessly addicted to every single website, platform or app you sometimes use? It's really very simple. I don't use Twitter very often, but when I do I only use it to read the tweets of a few specific accounts. Not having an account would make doing that more of a hassle than it's worth, and so I wouldn't use Twitter at all. Hence if following ever becomes a paid feature, I won't be using Twitter.

Normal use? Are you hopelessly addicted to every single website, platform or app you sometimes use? It's really very simple. I don't use Twitter very often, but when I do I only use it to read the tweets of a few specific accounts. Not having an account would make doing that more of a hassle than it's worth, and so I wouldn't use Twitter at all. Hence if following ever becomes a paid feature, I won't be using Twitter.
That’s fair. Do you have issues with the stuff Musk is doing with Twitter?