Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

He's
Ru0JDC4.png
a
Ru0JDC4.png
centrist
Ru0JDC4.png

NPR is a US state affiliated media. The editorial slant of NPR has always been pro-capitalist, pro-West, pro-war, pro-NATO, anti Bernie ("why does Bernie seem to hate women? is he a mysogonist"?) pro Iraq war. Their sponsors are all your favorite corporations, think tanks, oil baron "charitable trusts". They are and have always been right of center. They serve the interests of the US state indeed. If that Twitter label is derogatory, they've fecken earned it.

Yall went too far left. That's why the center looks so right to you.

I think Musk's interest in playing both sides is that wealthy elites (almost) always gravitate towards policy outcomes that preserve their wealth and power. Therefore he is incentivized to drift away from Dems, who would tax and legislate for more restrictions from everything ranging from EVs that have to be built in North America to get federal tax rebates, to pressure him to remove unsavory characters and speech on Twitter.

NPR is a US state affiliated media. The editorial slant of NPR has always been pro-capitalist, pro-West, pro-war, pro-NATO, anti Bernie ("why does Bernie seem to hate women? is he a mysogonist"?) pro Iraq war. Their sponsors are all your favorite corporations, think tanks, oil baron "charitable trusts". They are and have always been right of center. They serve the interests of the US state indeed. If that Twitter label is derogatory, they've fecken earned it.

Their state funding is minimal (4% ?) Everything else seems to come from individual, corporate, or non-profit sources.

I think Musk's interest in playing both sides is that wealthy elites (almost) always gravitate towards policy outcomes that preserve their wealth and power. Therefore he is incentivized to drift away from Dems, who would tax and legislate for more restrictions from everything ranging from EVs that have to be built in North America to get federal tax rebates, to pressure him to remove unsavory characters and speech on Twitter.

He might have been playing both sides a while ago, but it's been all one side for years now. And it's hard to argue that that shift has been motivated purely or mostly by money, given he's been busy alienating his core consumer base.

He might have been playing both sides a while ago, but it's been all one side for years now. And it's hard to argue that that shift has been motivated purely or mostly by money, given he's been busy alienating his core consumer base.

Money and power. As an insanely rich guy, he's not incentivized to support political actors who would in any way degrade his ability to preserve and expand his wealth or power. He's therefore obviously not going to support Dems who want to tax him more and constrain his behavior at Twitter by advocating for safeguards on who should be allowed on the platform, and so on. This is why the likes of Musk and Rogan, who weren't previously perceived as particularly political, are suddenly turning into anti-woke, anti-cancel culture crusaders - out of self-interest.

Money and power. As an insanely rich guy, he's not incentivized to support political actors who would in any way degrade his ability to preserve and expand his wealth or power. He's therefore obviously not going to support Dems who want to tax him more and constrain his behavior at Twitter by advocating for safeguards on who should be allowed on the platform, and so on. This is why the likes of Musk and Rogan, who weren't previously perceived as particularly political, are suddenly turning into anti-woke, anti-cancel culture crusaders - out of self-interest.

Sure, but the Twitter purchase came after his heel turn, so avoiding Twitter regulation can hardly be considered among the causes. He hasn't really got worse since buying Twitter, it's more of the same except now amplified by his own platform.

So, FOX is a state affiliated media?

Murdoch is a state affiliated owner?

Words become meaningless.

He's in bed with Russia and particularly China and he's a thick, racist knobhead. You don't need any more reasons than that.

Incidentally the BBC article today that opens with "Elon Musk is developing a spaceship" really fecked me off. SpaceX are developing a spaceship with funding from the US government while Musk pisses about on Twitter. His personal contribution to developing it will be at best incidental and at worst possibly unhelpful. The definition of living off past glories.

So he's putting lives at risk now too.

The bloke is a fecking moron.

It is incredible how an otherworldly tech facilitator until two years ago, is today considered not only laughing stock at global level but is also becoming a very dangerous, cynical, obtuse un-facilitator.

That is not a joke tweet, they're actually tagged like that.

Also I can't tell if it's a coincidence or related, but looking up CBC was surprisingly difficult. Searching for CBC just gave a lot of similar-but-not-that suggestions, given it's actually @CBC. It's there if you actually search for it, but why isn't in the suggestions?

Edit: Maybe I just don't understand the search function because I've used it basically never. Searching for New York Times also brings up a lot of NYT-related suggestions but not @nytimes. I guess it's just how it works, for some reason.

fecking hell he's such a loser.

Seeing the way he runs his business, you have to be certifiable to get into one of his cars.

Seeing the way he runs his business, you have to be certifiable to get into one of his cars.

Well yeah but how much is he really involved at Tesla at the moment while he's ruining Twitter? I wouldn't let it self drive mind given this dickhead seems to think he can code though.

Tbf to SpaceX, they said before takeoff that getting off the launchpad smoothly would be considered a successful test. It was all about gathering data to improve the next iteration. The thing was traveling at twice the thrust of the Saturn V.

tbf to SpaceX, shit raining down from the sky is totally fine and is nothing to worry about.

Be right back, off to eBay to buy me some authentic Superheavy Starship particulates :drool:

Last edited:
tbf to SpaceX, shit raining down from the sky is totally fine and is nothing to worry about.

As a Cowboy Bebop fan (the anime, not the live action) I'm very concerned. Well, nothing good comes from the Earth anymore.

As a Cowboy Bebop fan (the anime, not the live action) I'm very concerned. Well, nothing good comes from the Earth anymore.
I got 10 min into the live action before my interest experienced a rapid unscheduled disassembly.

Live action was a travesty. And I was so excited about it

I know you’ll all be disappointed to know Mason Mount is deleting his twitter.