Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

An investors-approved statement, I would assume.

Imagine having the money he has and spending your nights like that.
Imagine having the money he has and living your life like that.

The mad thing is he seems to think that him sleeping on-site will somehow help sort out the mess that he created. Twitter needs less involvement from Musk to survive, not more.

Yeah you’d think someone working that hard would be making great strides but all he’s done is fire half the workforce, go in a massive circle regarding ‘verification’ and change the logo to a doge. He’s pushing himself to the edge for the shittiest things :lol:

He is most likely lying to appear "hardcore", like the time he pretended he didnt have a house while living in his billionare friends giant house. Or the time he said he was sleeping on the roof of Tesla.

The mad thing is he seems to think that him sleeping on-site will somehow help sort out the mess that he created. Twitter needs less involvement from Musk to survive, not more.
I also particularly like how for years I’ve seen crypto bros sharing memes with “WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER” and documenting the life of the super rich and all the little life hacks they have and then you have the richest man in the world, absolutely lost, sleeping at his office.

He is most likely lying to appear "hardcore", like the time he pretended he didnt have a house while living in his billionare friends giant house. Or the time he said he was sleeping on the roof of Tesla.
Yes, it's all bollocks. He's all show.

I also particularly like how for years I’ve seen crypto bros sharing memes with “WORK SMARTER NOT HARDER” and documenting the life of the super rich and all the little life hacks they have and then you have the richest man in the world, absolutely lost, sleeping at his office.

Crypto bros are weirdos but the whole sleeping in the office thing is what you’d expect from a founder of a tech start up. That’s the energy he’s trying to give off. Which is obviously particularly pathetic from the CEO of a mature company like Twitter.

Crypto bros are weirdos but the whole sleeping in the office thing is what you’d expect from a founder of a tech start up. That’s the energy he’s trying to give off. Which is obviously particularly pathetic from the CEO of a mature company like Twitter.
I've always found the "sleeping in the office thing" a substitute for actual ability, talent and knowledge.

Like, I don't know what I am doing but look how hard I am working and how much I believe in my product Mr VC Cheque Writer.

It also serves as a stick with which you can beat lesser paid and lesser invested workers to hammer themselves for your company (even though you're the one who will primarily benefit).

Strikes me as so performative and cliche it might as well be wearing a hoody and t shirt under a blazer.

Amazing interview by that idiot BBC reporter about the hate speach. Even funnier that BBC aired it :lol:

Amazing interview by that idiot BBC reporter about the hate speach. Even funnier that BBC aired it :lol:
What are your thought on the Twitter files being thoroughly debunked and exposed for the made-up bullshit that everyone always knew they were?

What are your thought on the Twitter files being thoroughly debunked and exposed for the made-up bullshit that everyone always knew they were?
I long for the day these people are ignored rather than entertained on here.

it was a live interview on Twitter Spaces and the BBC so they couldn't exactly not air it. It was also done with a couple of hours notice.

Why does he always have to behave like such an immature fecking child?! Oooh. So edgy.

The last few articles I've read about Twitter have ended with " The company continues to auto-reply with a poop emoji to all requests sent to its public relations email address.". That's something a 5 year old would find funny.

Must be tough for you that people have different opinions.
I’ve got no problem with people who have different opinions as long as they can argue them in good faith, present their opinions with logic and address the arguments that others present to them. You’re incapable of none of those things and it’s tiresome.

I’ve got no problem with people who have different opinions as long as they can argue them in good faith, present their opinions with logic and address the arguments that others present to them. You’re incapable of none of those things and it’s tiresome.
Contradicting yourself there mate

It's beyond pointless.

Contradicting yourself there mate

:lol: Took a full 5 minutes to prove @Pexbo’s point.

Where were they debunked and by whom?

I think hes referring to the interview Taibbi did with Mehdi Hasan.

This one:

Here's a text breakdown of what the interview purports to show:
Tech Dirt: Mehdi Hasan Dismantles The Entire Foundation Of The Twitter Files As Matt Taibbi Stumbles To Defend It

I personally don't think it entirely debunks it. I think some questionable actions were attempted with various degrees of success, but I do think it demonstrates how overhyped the entire thing became and how Taibbi quite clearly lost his objectivity while writing it up.

I think hes referring to the interview Taibbi did with Mehdi Hasan.

This one:

Here's a text breakdown of what the interview purports to show:
Tech Dirt: Mehdi Hasan Dismantles The Entire Foundation Of The Twitter Files As Matt Taibbi Stumbles To Defend It

I personally don't think it entirely debunks it. I think some questionable actions were attempted with various degrees of success, but I do think it demonstrates how overhyped the entire thing became and how Taibbi quite clearly lost his objectivity while writing it up.

Thanks, lots to read. Will do so over the weekend

This BBC guy should probably not do any more interviews

True, but the idea that just because you can't remember a specific example in a situation like that means you're not right is daft.
Should really be bringing information as a reporter though.

True, but the idea that just because you can't remember a specific example in a situation like that means you're not right is daft.
Agree with this. I honestly think though that if the reporter had had the quickness to think of going on his twitter right there and then, he could have found an example.

Apparently this was set up with something like 20 minutes notice. So very little time to prepare. The fact that Elon fans seem to think this constitutes him “owning” MSM is almost unbearably cringey.

Apparently this was set up with something like 20 minutes notice. So very little time to prepare. The fact that Elon fans seem to think this constitutes him “owning” MSM is almost unbearably cringey.

It's pathetic. You have to be incredibly stupid to think this is some sort of 'gotcha', but then, if you admire Elon Musk, you're probably not the sharpest tool in the box.

Yep. He should've been armed with the details before attempting to ask Musk questions Musk himself was clearly prepared to throw back at the reporter.

Tangentially related to Twitter as Substack Notes is being pitched as a Twitter alternative. Or should I say was an option. Holy shit this guy just nuked any chance his platform had. The video is even worse.

That smells like a bit of a setup then really.
Considering the interview was mentioned as some kind of win in this thread by one of his defenders, I'd say it probably reached Musk's target audience.