Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I personally enjoy their company.

That being said, feck Dogecoin and all cryptocurrency.
They’re literally the only dog breed I don’t like. Basenjis are in second place, but not that close because the breed can’t bark (but apparently can yodel!).

I came to this thread to post about the doge meme image that has replaced the bird. Imagine he thought it would be so funny/cool.

I came to this thread to post about the doge meme image that has replaced the bird. Imagine he thought it would be so funny/cool.
It’s amazing how desperate he’s trying to be funny. He could spend his time sleeping with the most beautiful people on earth. He could visit the most interesting places on the planet. He could meet almost every person there is. There is no hobby, no pastime too expensive for him. And yet he decided to do the exact same thing some broke 14 year old loser without friends would do: trying to be funny on the internet and failing miserably. He might genuinely be the biggest loser the world has ever seen. And that’s giving me immense joy.

It’s amazing how desperate he’s trying to be funny. He could spend his time sleeping with the most beautiful people on earth. He could visit the most interesting places on the planet. He could meet almost every person there is. There is no hobby, no pastime too expensive for him. And yet he decided to do the exact same thing some broke 14 year old loser without friends would do: trying to be funny on the internet and failing miserably. He might genuinely be the biggest loser the world has ever seen. And that’s giving me immense joy.

We all have an audience

Absolutely spot on. :lol:

This is perfect :lol:

Brilliance.

This post warmed my heart, thanks!

I would only meet that creep in person if he is tied on the other side of a Putin table.

EDIT: and even then I would only speak to him through a videocall.

Fully agree. Especially the highlighted line.

Remember when Matt talked about getting too close to those giving out the information and how it can impact journalists reporting.

This is an absolute car-crash. Sold himself to a old-man meme lord and now all that matters is keeping that sweet substack money coming in.

Remember when Matt talked about getting too close to those giving out the information and how it can impact journalists reporting.

This is an absolute car-crash. Sold himself to a old-man meme lord and now all that matters is keeping that sweet substack money coming in.

Complete mental obliteration.

If people have the time the entire interview is a startling watch. Just terrible for Taibbi. I don't think Taibbi is a great speaker or quick on his feet in debate (that's not his job) so Hasan does have the advantage and uses it to browbeat him into submission a bit but ultimately the facts speak for themselves. Taibbi just has no answers at all and it's really professionally embarrassing for the guy.

If you prefer here's a written explanation of how the errors Hasan points to fundamentally discredit Taibbi's entire thesis on the subject. Just totally undermines his professional integrity too: https://www.techdirt.com/2023/04/07...r-files-as-matt-taibbi-stumbles-to-defend-it/

This was really enjoyable to read.

:lol: i don't know who that guy is but how embarrassing to be so categorically wrong and called out on it so definitively. That was satisfying to watch for some reason.

I hate shiba inus. Neurotic little feckers.

Hey!! Shiba Inus are awesome! feck Musk for potentially ruining the reputation of a great dog*.

*if you want a dog that listens to commands and aim to please the owner, the shiba inu is not a great dog. They are basically half cat, half dog. Maybe that's why they look so much like foxes?

But not Tesla & SpaceX…

BBC also

Hns36as.jpg

Don't people pay a fee for the BBC only if they have a TV sub or something? Doesnt seem like that classifies as government funded...

The Taibbi thing is amazing. Literally sold his soul for information that he believed would be transformative and the decades biggest scoop, which turned out to be a nothing burger and then gets ditched by Musk.

Like, how I know he did it all for money but he's burned all of his credibility for that charlatan.

Again, I've been on the Musk is a complete scumbag and lunatic train for a LONG time and part of me is really glad the wider public (not just me being an obsessive nerd on niche issues like illegal labour practices at Tesla and financial irregularities etc) are getting to see who this compete loser is, for real.

This was really enjoyable to read.

:lol: i don't know who that guy is but how embarrassing to be so categorically wrong and called out on it so definitively. That was satisfying to watch for some reason.
Shame because his Vampire Squid piece in Rolling Stone is absolutely phenomenal work.

Don't people pay a fee for the BBC only if they have a TV sub or something? Doesnt seem like that classifies as government funded...
Because the BBC get grants but the fee is legally enforced by the government via "licence fee" which could be seen as a tax

Chris Best, founder of substack, isn't banned on twitter. you just can't search for his profile either.

It really is embarrassing how he has turned it into his own petty plaything.

Twitter was allowing people to see the circle tweets of people you follow when you aren't in their circle.

Just a mess of an app currently. People who paid for Twitter Blue one time still have the checkmark also because of the convoluted way that removing people works, which also makes less sense to add more people to it and make it even harder.