Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I hope, there isn't some sort of backlash, but I think, it is weird, that nobody just posted the twitter post, that caused the struggle. In my view he openly discussed a possible scenarios to get out of the current misery which seems sort of land-locked (for multiple reasons obviously). Personally, I think, it does paint a certain picture that people attack Musk so much instead of discussing his idea or ideas following his train of thought. They could even attack the idea - shouldn't be too difficult if it as nonsensical as some reactions suggest.

How long before there's a boycott Tesla movement to deal with this cnut pushing Vladimir Putin's talking points.

Fair points. Still I struggle to follow some of the thoughts. I mean, is a tweet capable to be seen as an act of foreign diplomacy? Aren't there many tweets discussing things in different countries? I understand your point and I would agree, there should be some sort of process to be followed but isn't that overstating the effect of such a tweet?
He's perfectly aware of the attention he gets and is happy to exploit the fact that his braindead tweets regurarly occupy news cycle and get attention from politicians who are dealing with the issue he chooses to comment on. Also, his reaction to negative response wasn't "maybe I didn't think this through", but rather "ukrainian bots are brigading my polls" and "people who disagree with me want nuclear war". He's done more than enough to warrant assuming bad faith.

He's perfectly aware of the attention he gets and is happy to exploit the fact that his braindead tweets regurarly occupy news cycle and get attention from politicians who are dealing with the issue he chooses to comment on. Also, his reaction to negative response wasn't "maybe I didn't think this through", but rather "ukrainian bots are brigading my polls" and "people who disagree with me want nuclear war". He's done more than enough to warrant assuming bad faith.
Wasn't aware of this. It sure paints a different picture. Even though I am pretty sure, that he got heavily attacked for this tweet, probably often in way that he felt was below the belt line. Think, he expected at least a little more measured response, given that he via his company supported Ukraine from pretty early on.

Indeed, he cannot take any criticism and acts like a spoiled child (which he actually is) every time people don’t like something he said or did. He is inevitably going to make Twitter unbearable on the premise of ‘free speech’.

He is unfortunately very influential and will impact a lot of young people with his irresponsible blabber, not in a good way.

Wasn't aware of this. It sure paints a different picture. Even though I am pretty sure, that he got heavily attacked for this tweet, probably often in way that he felt was below the belt line. Think, he expected at least a little more measured response, given that he via his company supported Ukraine from pretty early on.
Oh, I'm absolutely sure that he managed to delude himself into thinking that there was nothing wrong with what he said and he's the victim in all of this because his fragile feelings got hurt.

The other thing is, is this 'poll' came out shortly after he'd 'apparently' had a call with Putin.

Yes something needs to give for their to be a resolution but it cannot be a reward for Putin, as Russia have committed genocide in Ukraine. Appeasing genocide won't stop it.

The other thing is, is this 'poll' came out shortly after he'd 'apparently' had a call with Putin.

Yes something needs to give for their to be a resolution but it cannot be a reward for Putin, as Russia have committed genocide in Ukraine. Appeasing genocide won't stop it.
Why would he had a call with Putin, is there credible sources for that? Sounds a little fabricated, isn't it? I mean, way more plausible, that he is just thick and made a fool out of himself for trying something blunt than he had a call with the Russian president coincidentally closely before he tweeted something? Come on. I mean, at the moment he tweeted, he still supported Ukraine actively with the whole Starlink stuff, didn't he?

Something needs to give, totally on the same side there. The question is what is this going to be. Compromise won't happen when one side states that it won't move an inch. Resuming talks would be start, wouldn't change anything on the battlefield so has no costs at all.

Why would he had a call with Putin, is there credible sources for that? Sounds a little fabricated, isn't it? I mean, way more plausible, that he is just thick and made a fool out of himself for trying something blunt than he had a call with the Russian president coincidentally closely before he tweeted something? Come on. I mean, at the moment he tweeted, he still supported Ukraine actively with the whole Starlink stuff, didn't he?

Something needs to give, totally on the same side there. The question is what is this going to be. Compromise won't happen when one side states that it won't move an inch. Resuming talks would be start, wouldn't change anything on the battlefield so has no costs at all.

Musk denied it, but obviously never elaborated why he parroted a point pretty much non-existent outside of Russian state propaganda.

Musk denied it, but obviously never elaborated why he parroted a point pretty much non-existent outside of Russian state propaganda.

Hmm I understand. It is a tricky one. I mean, denial isn't a good indicator here - I mean, if he didn't talk to Putin, there isn anything else than denying it. And as far as I understood, the 4 oblasts have been more or less annexed haven't they? Musks idea would be to re-do some parts of the process, this surely isn't in line with state propaganda? Or were annexations after the tweet?

Hmm I understand. It is a tricky one. I mean, denial isn't a good indicator here - I mean, if he didn't talk to Putin, there isn anything else than denying it. And as far as I understood, the 4 oblasts have been more or less annexed haven't they? Musks idea would be to re-do some parts of the process, this surely isn't in line with state propaganda? Or were annexations after the tweet?
Quoting Khruschev's decision from 1954 as a mistake that means that Crimea needs to be Russian is a point that pretty much doesn't exist outside of Russian state propaganda.

Quoting Khruschev's decision from 1954 as a mistake that means that Crimea needs to be Russian is a point that pretty much doesn't exist outside of Russian state propaganda.
Ah yes. Ok, thats certainly the case. But I guess, the reaction to the tweet would have been the same even without those two words, don't you think?

Kasparov called Musk out over Ukraine, so Musk called chess stupid :lol: :nervous:

I wonder if I can bet somewhere on this timeline: Musk removes all censorship for hate speech etc, the app stores remove the twitter app, the stock price takes a nose dive, Musk melts down in real time online...

I wonder if I can bet somewhere on this timeline: Musk removes all censorship for hate speech etc, the app stores remove the twitter app, the stock price takes a nose dive, Musk melts down in real time online...

If he is as smart as he claims, he wont touch anything relevant. We are talking about 44 billions, a 1/4 of his networth day in day out. But it is true that his ass depends on Google and apple right now

If he is as smart as he claims, he wont touch anything relevant. We are talking about 44 billions, a 1/4 of his networth day in day out. But it is true that his ass depends on Google and apple right now
Time for new Tesla phone running ElonOS where you buy apps in the space store

Time for new Tesla phone running ElonOS where you buy apps in the space store
There was a moment that he would do anything new and people would jump in. He would be able to create a new company to compete with amazon, and people would jump quick and maybe make a dent or even compete eventually but now people seeing him more and more like a sad sad sad attention seeker. There is still a sect, of course, but is not that halo that surrounded him before the "pedo" incident and onwards

It’s going to be interesting when Twitter mobs begin mobilizing to boycott Tesla and he can’t do anything about it.

It’s going to be interesting when Twitter mobs begin mobilizing to boycott Tesla and he can’t do anything about it.

I'll respect him more if he negative posting about him/Tesla a bannable offence

In some ways Twitter’s simplicity is it’s strength but it needs to grow or be left behind, will be interesting what Elon does.

YouTube has billions of users, I really doubt Twitter could put a dent into that. Plenty of platforms have tried. One of the big problems is that they need to actually make money to survive. I'm pretty sure YouTube itself didn't make a profit for many years, since they need an absurd amount of capacity.

YouTube has billions of users, I really doubt Twitter could put a dent into that. Plenty of platforms have tried. One of the big problems is that they need to actually make money to survive. I'm pretty sure YouTube itself didn't make a profit for many years, since they need an absurd amount of capacity.

Pretty sure that Elon's ego is big enough to store all the content. Just need to install a hyperloop station in it to transfer the data.

He's two smart for us

Doubt there will be too many changes, just mostly worried about what he may do for the bot networks in terms of access and information, in ways we're unlikely to notice. Its gunna be Cambridge Analytica on speed.

Sooner there's an alternative the better.

Doubt there will be too many changes, just mostly worried about what he may do for the bot networks in terms of access and information, in ways we're unlikely to notice. Its gunna be Cambridge Analytica on speed.

Sooner there's an alternative the better.
How dare you!
He just wants to free twitter of bots so that his polls aren't being ruined.

Surely a huge win for Murica's RW? Or the RW movement world over? I know he's not going to control what people post but he will what is censored and what isn't allowing Muppets like Trump and Kanye to run amok and those views to become even more normalized.

It’ll be interesting to see how many people call musk a prick just to see if they’ll get banned from Twitter.

I wonder if it will lead to significant staff turnover. I imagine a lot of their most valuable employees could get another job tomorrow, and surely some of them wouldn't want to work for Elon. I know I would quit immediately if this pest bought out my employer.

I wonder if it will lead to significant staff turnover. I imagine a lot of their most valuable employees could get another job tomorrow, and surely some of them wouldn't want to work for Elon. I know I would quit immediately if this pest bought out my employer.

They won't have any option as its being rumored he is going to sack a portion of the staff with employee appraisal results below a certain threshold.

In some ways Twitter’s simplicity is it’s strength but it needs to grow or be left behind, will be interesting what Elon does.

LOLZ.... building a youtube clone is not easy if you are doing it at the same scale. Google subsidised Youtube for ages before being able to monetise it with ads and in the last earning report that also went down to the competition from TikTok. Google is also able to rely on its own cloud infrastructure for video storage while Twitter most certainly have to rely on one of the big three cloud providers (AWS, GCP or Azure), they already use GCP I believe. So their economics of being able to monetise videos will also be different since they will have to pay a cloud provider to store them.

Why quit if you can wait to be paid off plus Google etc are saying they are reducing hiring due to macro.

Tech market us going through a bit of a slump right now. Both Google and MS have cut down on hiring significantly while I believe it might be completely frozen at Meta. Crypto start ups still have not recovered as well. Not saying none of Twitter employees would find another job, most will even if not straightaway.