Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Unequivocal.

I'm glad we also finally know how Elon feels about Hogwarts Legacy and his disgust at Man City's FFP fraud.

Did I miss anything else in there?

I saw some pics of nude women. Although when looking back I might've clicked the wrong tab..

Edit: Nope, nude women in both the Musk article and the other one. You'll see them if you sorta read in between the lines where they describe how Musk said he wouldn't ban the flight tracking account and then did it anyway because he's a free speech absolutist.

It has been proven that the government asked to ban certain people / opinions or not? Just cause they had a different take on covid?

On a serious note: at that time, it was neither socially nor medically proven how it would impact us. Certain doctors, not conspiracy idiots, were banned from addressing certain issues or different viewpoints. On request of the government. Now you can disagree with their opinion, but now, 3 years later, it shows that a ban was not justified. This is not Nazi Germany and I believe in a society that has room and time for all kind of opinions (except extremistic ones). And twitter played a huge role in that and were working for the left wing policies. That itself is an issue, left or right should not matter.
But here, many are willing to make an exception as it fits their ideology - but life does not work like that, especially in times were it is harder and harder to find out whether things are right or not. My liberal viewpoint wont change just because Elon bought Twitter. I dont care about it. But I do care when people claim it was all perfect before he showed up. And if that makes me a fanboi to some, they just try to avoid the big elephant in the room.
:nervous:

I'm not saying I hope Elon Musk gets run over by a car and dies. Of course I'm not saying that.

How sure are we he hasn't been already and replaced by a Russian robot, and no one has noticed the difference?

It's funny how it's always the most easily led and gullible who call others sheep, when all they need to believe something is a Facebook meme.

Oh someone just put him out of his misery. He can't be enjoying his life as a failure right now.

Oh someone just put him out of his misery. He can't be enjoying his life as a failure right now.
As an anti-Elon person for the last few years, having to deal with memes showing him as a real-life Tony Stark and having friends believe he will land on Mars by 2020, this vindication that he is a talentless, fail-upwards, lucky moron is brilliant. Long may it continue.

Petition to change this thread to Twitter | Owned by Elon Musk so we can put all non-twitter related musk content in the epic bacon adventures (the better thread)

Yep. It certainly seems that way. Previously only the odd Musk tweet appeared in my timeline (like his "should I sack myself" poll) - now he's there all the time.

I've no desire to engage with him and he's killing the algorithms that made Twitter attractive. A couple of the accounts I follow now only show up when they reply to a tweet, not when they tweet. A couple of automated accounts that I like to see are being squeezed out of my homepage and were threatened with extinction by API rule changes (which got partially revoked a couple of days after announcement)

If it's about making money, the headless chicken strategy ends up with the chicken dying. Maybe he'll get bored soon.

I've pretty much stopped using Twitter on my phone now. It's only bearable using browser extensions that filter out all the crap.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/14/23600358/elon-musk-tweets-algorithm-changes-twitter

Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first

After his Super Bowl tweet did worse numbers than President Biden’s, Twitter’s CEO ordered major changes to the algorithm.

This story is based on interviews with people familiar with the events involved and supported by documents obtained by Platformer.

At 2:36 on Monday morning, James Musk sent an urgent message to Twitter engineers.

“We are debugging an issue with engagement across the platform,” wrote Musk, a cousin of the Twitter CEO, tagging “@here” in Slack to ensure that anyone online would see it. “Any people who can make dashboards and write software please can you help solve this problem. This is high urgency. If you are willing to help out please thumbs up this post.”

When bleary-eyed engineers began to log on to their laptops, the nature of the emergency became clear: Elon Musk’s tweet about the Super Bowl got less engagement than President Joe Biden’s.

Biden’s tweet, in which he said he would be supporting his wife in rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles, generated nearly 29 million impressions. Musk, who also tweeted his support for the Eagles, generated a little more than 9.1 million impressions before deleting the tweet in apparent frustration.

In the wake of those losses — the Eagles to the Kansas City Chiefs, and Musk to the president of the United States — Twitter’s CEO flew his private jet back to the Bay Area on Sunday night to demand answers from his team.

[....]

“He bought the company, made a point of showcasing what he believed was broken and manipulated under previous management, then turns around and manipulates the platform to force engagement on all users to hear only his voice,” said a current employee. “I think we’re past the point of believing that he actually wants what’s best for everyone here.”

Last edited:
@Escobar Twitter is definitely way worse since Elon's takeover, despite your proclamations to the contrary. I don't follow the pathetic little man but the first posts i see on my feed are his juvenile tweets. He is behaving like a spoilt manchild and the one upside is that it is amusing to watch his very public fall from grace.

@Escobar Twitter is definitely way worse since Elon's takeover, despite your proclamations to the contrary. I don't follow the pathetic little man but the first posts i see on my feed are his juvenile tweets. He is behaving like a spoilt manchild and the one upside is that it is amusing to watch his very public fall from grace.
What do you find worse? Or is it just his tweets that bug you?

I find any social media shit, but if people like it, I don’t care. Twitter had huge issues before, otherwise they would not have been in a poor state financially and from an engagement point of view. They had obvious issues with blocking/shadowbanning, bots, etc. Whether it will be better under Musk, I don’t know and I don’t care - but to say it was much better is just naive

Last edited:
https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/14/23600358/elon-musk-tweets-algorithm-changes-twitter

Yes, Elon Musk created a special system for showing you all his tweets first

After his Super Bowl tweet did worse numbers than President Biden’s, Twitter’s CEO ordered major changes to the algorithm.

This story is based on interviews with people familiar with the events involved and supported by documents obtained by Platformer.

At 2:36 on Monday morning, James Musk sent an urgent message to Twitter engineers.

“We are debugging an issue with engagement across the platform,” wrote Musk, a cousin of the Twitter CEO, tagging “@here” in Slack to ensure that anyone online would see it. “Any people who can make dashboards and write software please can you help solve this problem. This is high urgency. If you are willing to help out please thumbs up this post.”

When bleary-eyed engineers began to log on to their laptops, the nature of the emergency became clear: Elon Musk’s tweet about the Super Bowl got less engagement than President Joe Biden’s.

Biden’s tweet, in which he said he would be supporting his wife in rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles, generated nearly 29 million impressions. Musk, who also tweeted his support for the Eagles, generated a little more than 9.1 million impressions before deleting the tweet in apparent frustration.

In the wake of those losses — the Eagles to the Kansas City Chiefs, and Musk to the president of the United States — Twitter’s CEO flew his private jet back to the Bay Area on Sunday night to demand answers from his team.

[....]

“He bought the company, made a point of showcasing what he believed was broken and manipulated under previous management, then turns around and manipulates the platform to force engagement on all users to hear only his voice,” said a current employee. “I think we’re past the point of believing that he actually wants what’s best for everyone here.”
:lol: Yeah, great evidence there. Anonymous sources, as credible as the Sun‘s transfer rumours

Unless Elon says it, it’s not true. If Elon said it, it’s definitely true. He’s a bastion of truth and transparency.

I noticed this the other day, opened the app for the first time in a week and all I got was a bunch of Elon tweets right at the top of my feed, everything else was buried by them.

I changed my settings a couple of weeks ago, so wasn't seeing his tweets. All of a sudden, they are all over my feed. I have gone nuclear and blocked him.