Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

I changed my settings a couple of weeks ago, so wasn't seeing his tweets. All of a sudden, they are all over my feed. I have gone nuclear and blocked him.
Oh no, be wary otherwise you'll be a Tesla soon and book your spot on Space X!

No I am not,

it turns out all your issues with people being banned on Twitter will be about people banned for nonsense during COVID.

Just tell us your opinions on the Vaccine and how Lockdowns were a part of a government conspiracy and we will all be able to move on.
You must be one of those guys who think 1+1 equals 4...
I made one example about Covid, and it is not only the Covid topic. Twitter used to ban certain individuals way before Covid - just back then you didn't care, but know you suddenly do

Last edited:
Total bollocks, it's absolutely feck all to do with politics. It's only right wing talking heads and con artists who want to make it about politics as they have nothing else to talk about. I'll say it one last time and then I'm done.

It is an entirely false equivalence you draw between (in your opinion) an incorrect ban on some doctors during a pandemic that Twitter employees thought were spreading misinformation (whether they were correct or not), and someone regularly and deliberately amplifying misinformation for personal gain/satisfaction.

You are allowed to make a mistake when trying to do the right thing, that makes you fallible and human, whereas if you are deliberately making a mistake in order to engineer a socially undesirable outcome that benefits you then you're just a cnut.
Now this is total bollocks. So you think it was only some Twitter employees who had best intentions and for noble reasons started banning individuals who thought differently. Who do you think was responsible for that at the end of the line? And why would you ban anyone with another opinion when scientifically nothing is proven just yet?

You have double standards and are a hypocrite. Before Elon, Twitter was allowed to make mistake, but now not anymore as they dont have good intentions anymore... yeah right

Yeah, and before Elon Twitter was full of truth and transparency, right?
What’s your thoughts specifically on Musk letting letting people like Nick Fuentes back on the platform?

What’s your thoughts specifically on Musk letting letting people like Nick Fuentes back on the platform?
No idea who he is, just read he's a Nazi. So two things:
There are laws in place that punish individuals for their extremist comments, left or right. So if someone does make such comments, the law will be enforced hopefully. And based on that, a social media company should draw the line. However, the difficulty is always when the case is not that clear or subjective - as it happens very often in reality. But I cant comment on individuals I dont know.

At the same time, I'm of the opinion that addressing and speaking about difficult topics in a society creates more awareness than officially ban and as a result, create subcultures. For example in school: it is more beneficial to openly talk about racism, than just say it is banned and you dont even address the issue.

There are laws in place that punish individuals for their extremist comments, left or right. So if someone does make such comments, the law will be enforced hopefully. And based on that, a social media company should draw the line. However, the difficulty is always when the case is not that clear or subjective - as it happens very often in reality. But I cant comment on individuals I dont know.

At the same time, I'm of the opinion that addressing and speaking about difficult topics in a society creates more awareness than officially ban and as a result, create subcultures. For example in school: it is more beneficial to openly talk about racism, than just say it is banned and you dont even address the issue.
Should Twitter allow you denial of the holocaust in countries where this is not illegal?

There are laws in place where?

I changed my settings a couple of weeks ago, so wasn't seeing his tweets. All of a sudden, they are all over my feed. I have gone nuclear and blocked him.
Can't wait until those tweets are back in a few weeks because he's made himself unblock-able. :lol:

I blocked him a while ago too.

I’m calling it now, it won’t be long until he starts showing up even when he has been blocked.

Should Twitter allow you denial of the holocaust in countries where this is not illegal?
Why is it so important for you to know what I would ban on Twitter or not?

But since you seem to sleep better if you know what I think: I prefer to have a dialogue on these topics and educate people rather than just have everything banned - society can be a much stronger "regulator" than anything else. So if a person denies the Holocaust online, it can be quite powerful if there is a huge backlash towards that individual. But who am I to tell other countries which laws they have to implement.

Are you understanding the point?
And since you play knight of mankind and justice here, is this your quote below?

"I hate him but I understand why people like Klopp. I hate him but I cannot understand why people like Arteta"

Or were you defending Middle East heritage or culture in the famous United take over thread? Where were you there so you couldn't voice your concern about racial comments?

Are you understanding that it is not Twitter or TikTok's job to solve geopolitical, social or legal issues?
Who is talking about solving any sort of issues?

They have to operate within the laws of the territories the App is
A. Available in
B. Monetised in.

So while shouting “FREEZE PEACH” is great and all, it’s not legally possible to let all content go unchecked.

Who is talking about solving any sort of issues?

They have to operate within the laws of the territories the App is
A. Available in
B. Monetised in.

So while shouting “FREEZE PEACH” is great and all, it’s not legally possible to let all content go unchecked.
Do you have proof they do? And you you believe before Elon that was not an issue?

To be fair, I find a bit weird the outcry for Twitter allowing back the likes of Jordan Peterson etc, where the likes of Ayatollah Khamenei or Dmitry Medvedev are there. Though at the end of the day, Twitter (like Caf for example) is a private business and can allow there and ban whoever it wants.

As what I would prefer in general, I am against banning unless the person is a criminal, or other extreme cases. I would censor views that are illegal (e.g., denying Holocaust in Germany), but not views that some party does not like. Instead people should be able to regulate what they want to see by blocking whoever they want.

And since you play knight of mankind and justice here, is this your quote below?

"I hate him but I understand why people like Klopp. I hate him but I cannot understand why people like Arteta"

Or were you defending Middle East heritage or culture in the famous United take over thread? Where were you there so you couldn't voice your concern about racial comments?

I’m not playing any sort of knight here. I’m just explaining to you that Twitter has to abide by the laws of the territories it operates in. That’s completely agnostic of my own politics and opinions.

But since you seem to sleep better if you know what I think: I prefer to have a dialogue on these topics and educate people rather than just have everything banned - society can be a much stronger "regulator" than anything else. So if a person denies the Holocaust online, it can be quite powerful if there is a huge backlash towards that individual. But who am I to tell other countries which laws they have to implement.

This is a bit naive, I think. There is no debate to be had about the holocaust. The only thing that legitimizing such a debate is going to lead to is more holocaust deniers.

Do you have proof they do? And you you believe before Elon that was not an issue?
Have any proof they do what?

Before Musk it was an issue too, one that they were constantly trying to manage. The problem is that since Musk, many of the offenders have been allowed back.

We’re only talking about the right wing offenders that have been allowed back because he’s only allowed back right wing offenders.

And yes, plenty of left wing activists were removed from the platform before Musk’s arrival.
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/twitter-political-account-ban-us-mid-term-elections

Like a ban from the platform the person posted it on?

And what if its not a backlash because that online post only shows for people who agrees or are on the fence?

I’m not playing any sort of knight here. I’m just explaining to you that Twitter has to abide by the laws of the territories it operates in. That’s completely agnostic of my own politics and opinions.
If they don't do that, what makes you think they won't be told off or fined?

This is a bit naive, I think. There is no debate to be had about the holocaust. The only thing that legitimizing such a debate is going to lead to is more holocaust deniers.
Not about the Holocaust, but about people to deny them. And where do you spot them?
So you think if someone posts that Holocaust did not happen, everyone who reads the post will go: oh shit, I didn't know, but that seems about right? If someone wants to believe that nonsense, they do it anyhow. You dont need a tweet for that, as the roots for such believes come from the upbringing, surroundings, social classes, etc.

Not about the Holocaust, but about people to deny them. And where do you spot them?
So you think if someone posts that Holocaust did not happen, everyone who reads the post will go: oh shit, I didn't know, but that seems about right? If someone wants to believe that nonsense, they do it anyhow. You dont need a tweet for that, as the roots for such believes come from the upbringing, surroundings, social classes, etc.
Surroundings now is very much Social Media.

You think social media hasnt impacted the spread of people believing in conspiracy theories? Surely you can comprehend that this can be more complex than someone reading it and at that moment deciding to believe it :confused:

They call it a rabbit hole for a reason. And confirmation bias works exceptionally well in conjunction with social media algorithms.

If they don't do that, what makes you think they won't be told off or fined?
Ok you’re getting somewhere.

Now how can Twitter ensure that their users abide by these international laws and regulations?

No, that's way too simplistic. But words matter, they actually do affect people. This is a bit like saying we should allow the Nazi Party and air official Nazi Party propaganda because "anyone who wants to believe that nonsense do it anyhow". It just doesn't work like that. History has shown again and again and again that if you give someone a platform, it broadens their appeal. When has honest, out-in-the-open debate ever done anything to stop an extreme position?