Elon Musk | Doer of things on X and complete loser

I mean it's his personal toy and it's users are his play things... anyone surprised!?
No. I’ve deleted my account when he took over. Things are so bad now that I’d like Niall to ban Twitter from the Caf, but that won’t happen.

Its not an issue as long as a small group of chronic tweet posters don't post more tweets than they actually discuss things in threads.

It'll soon be akin to having built in forum support for truth social. Maybe.

Everytime I see Dom Lucre's name I can't help shaking my head in disbelief. He watermarked and posted extreme child sexual abuse material across twitter, and not only did he not end up in prison but Elon Musk personally vouches for him and got his account reinstated.

Sorry pedo guys but you lot should be serving time under the fecking jail.

Everytime I see Dom Lucre's name I can't help shaking my head in disbelief. He watermarked and posted extreme child sexual abuse material across twitter, and not only did he not end up in prison but Elon Musk personally vouches for him and got his account reinstated.

Sorry pedo guys but you lot should be serving time under the fecking jail.
He shared fecking Daisy’s Destruction. That’s an example of hurtcore. Do not look it up for the love of God. He should be in maximum security prison for life without any chance of appeal.
Surely they should look at stripping contracts from him if the Democrats win?

Musk should also be locked up

That’s a hell of a good idea. Gets my full support.
It’s long overdue, that other media stop supporting Twitter for free. And as I’ve said before, it’s scandalous to me, how many public institutions are still on there.

Tesla held its big robotaxi event overnight, with a two-door autonomous Cybercab revealed, as well as a separate van. Elon Musk promised that the Cybercab would cost less than $30,000 and be in production by 2026. However, there were no important details on safety or the underlying technology involved, other than it won’t have a steering wheel and that it will be based on Tesla’s existing Level 2 ‘Full Self Driving’ technology.

That Level 2 standard — based only on conventional cameras and Tesla’s AI — isn’t currently acceptable to regulators as being good enough for safe and reliable autonomous operation. Indeed, Tesla tells its own drivers that they must be present and ready to take over the steering wheel at any time.

By contrast, Waymo’s Level 4 standard, equipped with Lidar cameras and radar, as well as regular cameras, *is* deemed to be good enough for it to be allowed to operate commercial driverless trips around San Francisco.

But Musk may be betting that his key support Donald Trump could result in regulatory standards being eased if the latter wins the presidential election next month.

Elon Musk has invested an awful lot of Tesla’s credibility and capital in the idea of it becoming an autonomous vehicle taxi system. As many of this newsletter’s readers will recall, that was the key promise he made to shareholders to get his own $56bn share payment deal over the line last summer. Tesla, despite its poor 12 month performance, is still worth as much as most other major car manufacturers combined, at around $750bn. Musk claims that the new automonous direction, together with its Optimus home robot development, will make it into a $5tn outfit.

As usual, the odds are stacked heavily against Musk and Tesla in delivering a working autonomous taxi anytime soon. That isn't anything new for Musk. For all its current malaise, Tesla has been a remarkable story of succeeding against the odds, as has SpaceX. But there is a certain whiff of bluffing going on here; Musk isn't showing any real advancement on critical technical and safety standards. He seems to be saying that what Tesla has done already should be good enough and that it's time to reset regulatory norms to reflect that

Just read this. Hadn't occurred to me before but there are very obvious financial reasons for Musk to go all in on a Trump victory, separate to whatever political views he might hold. Insane that someone who runs such an influential media company could have such an obvious conflict of interest but here we are.

Just read this. Hadn't occurred to me before but there are very obvious financial reasons for Musk to go all in on a Trump victory, separate to whatever political views he might hold. Insane that someone who runs such an influential media company could have such an obvious conflict of interest but here we are.
How? There's billions riding on this and some very nice contracts, as always. It's all self-serving, but it's unbelievable he's allowed to attempt to influence the election like this.

How? There's billions riding on this and some very nice contracts, as always. It's all self-serving, but it's unbelievable he's allowed to attempt to influence the election like this.
Dems can’t do anything about it. Freeze peach man

I read over an over the " how a person with a power social network is allowed to influence like that"?

And as much as i agree, dont the yhe newspapers and tv networks had being doing this for ages? Why twiter should be treated differently (and i would live it)?

We can discuss that it has much more influence, but so did the newspapers and TV had when they started to play this game compared on not existing

BREAKING: “KNOWN SIMPLETON” ELON MUSK BUMBLES IN YET ANOTHER HISTORIC MILESTONE​

Good on Elon to have time for all this engineering in between Ketamine fueled all-night tweeting and bigging up Trump.

There's some serious engineering going on at SpaceX. The risk of destroying the pad and tower by trying it there on the first recovery test must have been huge.

Who i

Who the Fcuk is cheering that shit? Please tell me it’s knowing contributing engineers and not fanboys?
Dunno but catching something the length of a Boeing 747 that's just flown in from space is worth a small round of applause, no?

I'd love to post the "that's bait" meme, but sadly it seems this is genuine Musk simping in a hit and run format (as they know any sort of further interaction would be even more embarrassing). The saddest way to own the libs in October 2024.

Dunno but catching something the length of a Boeing 747 that's just flown in from space is worth a small round of applause, no?

I mean that is impressive. It would have been even more impressive if actual 747's hadn't been landing from near enough to space that it makes no difference, for the last 5 decades, with people in them, every minute or so.

f11.png

It is word a small round of applause. But the overt ‘crowds gone wild’ cheering and fist punching is the whole nine yards of America. I’d say the same if it was NASA doing the same, and I’m sure they probably do.