Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

If he could even just slightly improve his finishing he'd be a monster player. But how on earth do you coach that into him?

The last 4 months of last season was probably the most consistent I’ve seen him with his finishing since he moved to the PL. But what you said there is basically word for word what Chelsea fans said about him for 3 years.

The last 4 months of last season was probably the most consistent I’ve seen him with his finishing since he moved to the PL. But what you said there is basically word for word what Chelsea fans said about him for 3 years.

I do like him and offers a lot but it really is frustrating how many goals he misses. I really like the grit that he adds too.

Absolutely spot on. I was sceptical at first but he's grown into his role at Arsenal. That said, if Bayern came in with a 50m plus offer would you take it? I would.
Definitely. He's good in that system but he hinders the wing he plays on by either limiting Odegaard or Martinelli/Trossard. It worked well enough but if we could somehow replace Havertz+Jesus with one marquee signing (not sure who though) and an understudy i would do it.

Definitely. He's good in that system but he hinders the wing he plays on by either limiting Odegaard or Martinelli/Trossard. It worked well enough but if we could somehow replace Havertz+Jesus with one marquee signing (not sure who though) and an understudy i would do it.

Sadly I think Jesus is done. We need money for him before he absolutely plummets.

I do like him and offers a lot but it really is frustrating how many goals he misses. I really like the grit that he adds too.

That’s Havertz in a nutshell. I do think Arteta is the manager that has got the best out of him so far, so from an Arsenal pov he’s definitely worth sticking with and keeping faith in.

Sadly I think Jesus is done. We need money for him before he absolutely plummets.
We need an italian team to drop us 25/30M for him, i think he could do really well in the Serie A before he goes back to Brazil.

This season is massive for Jesus, he's been saying he's had pain in his knee ever since that World Cup injury, he's spent the whole summer working on it, so let's see how he starts the season. Probably last chance saloon for him.

He scored 13 league goals last year despite a very slow first half. I think he scored 2-3 league goals in the first half of the year. But in the second half of the season he was scoring a goal every second game on average.

No reason why next season he shouldn't be aiming for 15-20 goals in the league which is brilliant for a false 9. He does have issues with finishing but his off the ball movement and first touch are real quality. Havertz is also a ball winner, Arteta likes his ball winners and if you have them all over the pitch you become a hard team to beat. Effort and work rate is required, not a choice.

The idea we need a 'striker' who stays static down the middle is just false. Our forward need to be able to hold the ball up, dribble, play with back to goal, find space and bring others into the play. We scored 89 league goals last year and 91 this year. We are not that far away from being able to score 100 goals in the league and the reason for this, is we are an attacking unit with no focal point. Arteta doesn't want a focal point. I actually think he would score less goals if we had a traditional number 9. A traditional number 9 would make us more 'traditional' and generic.

Its better for 10 players to score 10 goals each than have a striker who scores 30 goals and the rest of the teams chips in with 50.

There are games where we need a more direct goal threat. It's part of that counter game we dont always do well at. Sticking Havertz/Trossard/Jesus for the games where we are giving up the majority of possession is far from ideal. i dont think we should get just any forward though. I dont know if Havertz will carry on that second half of the season form either. If he does 20 goals should indeed be possible.

He somehow is like Timo Werner - either he is on a high with his goals and he scores bundles - or it is a drought...

His signing cost Arsenal the league imo. That and Jesus letting them down.

Absolutely spot on. I was sceptical at first but he's grown into his role at Arsenal. That said, if Bayern came in with a 50m plus offer would you take it? I would.
Given you spent that much if not more on him says that while he’s not been bad, he wasn’t the player you should have been getting for 60m

5 games. 7 big chances missed. 0 goals from open play. 0 big chances created. 2 pens scored. 29% ground duels won.

Thats the real normal Havertz, not the 4 month purple patch at Arsenal.

He was quite dangerous and played a role in many attacking patterns. He had to score a few though indeed. But his overall play outside the goals was good. If you factor in he didn't score, that makes his performance average though.

New purple patch begins. Goal and an assist for the tall, shy German. We love to see it gang

Só many people totally wrong in this thread. He is quality.

I've been wondering why people are saying Arsenal need to spend a lot on a striker given Havertz's record when he moved to striker. He's been great at that position and I expect him to stay at it. They have Jesus as a second option as well so that's pretty good overall.

My emotions when it comes to Germany are different. He's the player I probably hate the most because he does everything great other than his fecking finishing :lol: doesn't seem to have had that problem with Arsenal.

My emotions when it comes to Germany are different. He's the player I probably hate the most because he does everything great other than his fecking finishing :lol: doesn't seem to have had that problem with Arsenal.
His finishing is still frustrating as hell too for Arsenal. He muffed a great chance in the mid left center of the box yesterday and he couldn't even place it on target. It feels like a lot of time he doesn't know whether to pass or shoot and then he just kicks into a nothing zone. I like him though. Smart player. But sometimes you just want to scream at him and tell him to be more selfish

The thing with Havertz is I think he’ll max out at 15-20 goals, most likely in the 12-15 range, which is typically where he’s been the last 4 years. He hasn’t yet hit his prime though, so maybe that’s a little harsh. I do think last season was by far his most consistent season in terms of performances and goals since he’s been in England, so you have to credit Arteta with that. Tuchel got the 21 year old version, who was inexperienced and new to the league.

The thing with Havertz is I think he’ll max out at 15-20 goals, most likely in the 12-15 range, which is typically where he’s been the last 4 years.

Are you talking about goals in all competitions? Because he was never close to 12-15 goals per seaon in the league with chelsea. And only did it once in all competitions for chelsea too. Anyways, I'll be disappointed if he only gets 20 goals in all competitions this season because I think he can do it just in the premier league. He's gotten 10 g and 7 assists in the past 15 league games.

Are you talking about goals in all competitions? Because he was never close to 12-15 goals per seaon in the league with chelsea. And only did it once in all competitions for chelsea too. Anyways, I'll be disappointed if he only gets 20 goals in all competitions this season because I think he can do it just in the premier league. He's gotten 10 g and 7 assists in the past 15 league games.

All comps. But yeah, looking back on his stats at Chelsea, he only got above 10 goals in all comps once in 3 seasons, but just like at Arsenal, he spent lots of time in midfield and on the wings plus the fact that he was a young inexperienced kid. Pretty sure he had long covid at one point too.

You’re getting the settled, more experienced version, with a better manager, and it shows.

All comps. But yeah, looking back on his stats at Chelsea, he only got above 10 goals in all comps once in 3 seasons, but just like at Arsenal, he spent lots of time in midfield and on the wings plus the fact that he was a young inexperienced kid. Pretty sure he had long covid at one point too.

You’re getting the settled, more experienced version, with a better manager, and it shows.

Havertz like Nunez is a chance magnet. If only his finishing was even decent he would be one hell of a CF.
Regardless of that he gets so many good chances because of his movement etc that if he stays as full time starting CF for Arsenal I would expect he gets 15+ PL goals.