Donald Trump - GUILTY!

Judge sets start date of March 4 for Trump's federal election interference trial

The federal judge overseeing former President Donald Trump's federal election interference case has ordered the trial to begin on March 4, 2024.
Trump's attorneys and special counsel Jack Smith's team were in court today presenting arguments for when Trump's federal election interference case should go to trial.
Smith said in a filing earlier this month that he is prepared to take Trump to trial by Jan. 2, on the grounds that the date would "vindicate the public's strong interest" in a speedy trial.
Trump's lawyers, in contrast, requested that Judge Tanya Chutkan, the federal judge overseeing the case, schedule the trial for April of 2026 -- more than two and a half years from now.

Vivek is doing what trumo did back in the day. That they (we) talk about him even with his stupid policies (Mexico to pay for the wall) . Might not grant him the nomination if trump gets in prison, but surely he is second currently on the options

What are the chances that Mark Meadows gets the case moved to federal court?
Even his argument that he worked at the behest of POTUS is somewhat valid, the fact remains that the indictment is about him wronging the people of Georgia first and foremost. So I believe that the case will remain put within Georgian jurisdiction.

What are the chances that Mark Meadows gets the case moved to federal court?
He is being charged with violation of the Hatch Act which undercuts his stance that he was acting in a normal CoS function.

Good, quick thread...

He is being charged with violation of the Hatch Act which undercuts his stance that he was acting in a normal CoS function.

Good, quick thread...

Agree with what she says there, but from what I understand, no one has ever been prosecuted for violating the Hatch act, as White House are always working on campaign business.

I think Meadows would rather see the case for him, and then potentially others, taken to federal court in order to get a more sympathetic jury and have the case thrown out / receive a pardon, if a Republican wins the election.

He seems to be doing so by essentially admitting to the Hatch act violations by claiming he was working for Trump in his governmental role, while actually undertaking campaign business. He would rather admit the Hatch act violation for a chance to go to federal court, than be tried in Georgia.

If his appeal is rejected, i wonder if they can take it though the circuits to SCOTUS?

Agree with what she says there, but from what I understand, no one has ever been prosecuted for violating the Hatch act, as White House are always working on campaign business.

I think Meadows would rather see the case for him, and then potentially others, taken to federal court in order to get a more sympathetic jury and have the case thrown out / receive a pardon, if a Republican wins the election.

He seems to be doing so by essentially admitting to the Hatch act violations by claiming he was working for Trump in his governmental role, while actually undertaking campaign business. He would rather admit the Hatch act violation for a chance to go to federal court, than be tried in Georgia.

If his appeal is rejected, i wonder if they can take it though the circuits to SCOTUS?
From what I’ve read, they cannot get pardoned as the case will remain a state prosecution, just carried out on the federal level. So, you are spot on with the widening of the potential jury pool net (I think Fulton county went 75ish / 25ish to Biden). Being able to draw potential jurors from the ‘-eta’ & ‘-ville’ cities to the north of Atlanta proper would be huge.