Donald Trump - GUILTY!

Judge Limits Trump’s Ability to Comment on Jan. 6 Evidence

The federal judge overseeing former President Donald J. Trump’s prosecution on charges of seeking to overturn the 2020 election rejected his request on Friday to be able to speak broadly about evidence and witnesses — and warned Mr. Trump she would take necessary “measures” to keep him from intimidating witnesses or tainting potential jurors.
The caution from the judge, Tanya S. Chutkan, came during a 90-minute hearing in Federal District Court in Washington to discuss the scope of a protective order over the discovery evidence in Mr. Trump’s case, a typically routine step in criminal matters. Judge Chutkan said she planned to impose the order but agreed to a modification requested by the Trump legal team that it apply only to “sensitive” materials and not all evidence turned over to the defense.
She concluded the hearing with a blunt warning to Mr. Trump, and an unmistakable reference to a recent social media post in which he warned, “If you go after me, I’m coming after you!” — a statement his spokesman later said was aimed at political opponents and not at people involved in the case.
“I do want to issue a general word of caution — I intend to ensure the orderly administration of justice in this case as I would in any other case, and even arguably ambiguous statements by the parties or their counsel,” she said, could be considered an attempt to “intimidate witnesses or prejudice potential jurors,” triggering the court to take action.

“I caution you and your client to take special care in your public statements in this case,” she added. “I will take whatever measures are necessary to protect the integrity of these proceedings.”
Absolutely no chance he will not be constantly attacking and intimidating the judge and witnesses.

Would love to see him jailed pretrial.

Just give Sheriff Joe a jingle for hints on how to build an outdoor cell for Trump so that his SecSer contingent could keep an eye on him.

Pink jail uniforms would make it perfect.

Would love to see him jailed pretrial.

Just give Sheriff Joe a jingle for hints on how to build an outdoor cell for Trump so that his SecSer contingent could keep an eye on him.

Pink jail uniforms would make it perfect.
No it needs to have black, gay and transgender prison staff

Would love to see widespread collateral damage from the investigation even beyond the nonindicted co-conspirators. This would be a solid start…

He's not getting away with this. My guess is that he will not be allowed to run for office ever again

He's not getting away with this. My guess is that he will not be allowed to run for office ever again
There is nothing to stop him, all the commentator's in the US agree that Trump could be serving 20 years and still run, and even worse, millions will still vote for him

It’s hard to keep up with all the indictments.

When’s the first trial and how long is it estimated to take before a verdict?

If that's the only thing that happens, that's pretty much the definition of getting away with it.

Most of the roads ahead lead to him getting away with it, except for him doing time (in which case it probably won't be enough time) or losing all his money in neverending legal cases (extremely unlikely).

It’s hard to keep up with all the indictments.

When’s the first trial and how long is it estimated to take before a verdict?
The DC case, starting Jan 2 at the moment, is the first, prosecutor reckoned 4-6 weeks, NYC after that but no jail time likely for that one, then the Florida one in May

Georgia indictment will be coming next week probably, no idea when that will go to trial but this will probably be the one that poses the most serious threat to him, from what we're hearing this will be a RICO charge, Trump has no powers to stop State stuff even as President and the actual charges if they are RICO have pretty severe penalties

The DC case, starting Jan 2 at the moment, is the first, prosecutor reckoned 4-6 weeks, NYC after that but no jail time likely for that one, then the Florida one in May

Georgia indictment will be coming next week probably, no idea when that will go to trial but this will probably be the one that poses the most serious threat to him, from what we're hearing this will be a RICO charge, Trump has no powers to stop State stuff even as President and the actual charges if they are RICO have pretty severe penalties
The RICO penalties have mandatory minimums. You love to see it.

There's also no mechanism in Georgia for the governor to arbitrarily pardon anyone convicted of a RICO charge, it has to go through a committee.

Thanks!

Gonna be a busy 2024 for Donald, then.

The RICO penalties have mandatory minimums. You love to see it.

There's also no mechanism in Georgia for the governor to arbitrarily pardon anyone convicted of a RICO charge, it has to go through a committee.
I didn't know the last part, that's even better :lol:

There is nothing to stop him, all the commentator's in the US agree that Trump could be serving 20 years and still run, and even worse, millions will still vote for him
Millions would still vote for him but it’d be a wasted vote as there’s no way that he’d get enough to win.
Possibly.

Millions would still vote for him but it’d be a wasted vote as there’s no way that he’d get enough to win.
Possibly.
Why would it be a wasted vote?

Millions of Democrats vote in States that no Democrat has a chance of winning and millions of Republicans vote in States that no Republican could ever win in, may as well just hold elections in swing states by your logic

Why would it be a wasted vote?

Millions of Democrats vote in States that no Democrat has a chance of winning and millions of Republicans vote in States that no Republican could ever win in, may as well just hold elections in swing states by your logic

This is why the EC is garbage. A vote for the side that will most likely lose the state is not a wasted vote but ultimately doesn't matter as the GE is not a national total to the winner. It should be a national vote tally. The vote will usually hold far more power and relevance in swing states. Case in point, those years I spent in Georgia voting for Obama (2012) and Clinton (2016) didn't mean anything in the grand scheme yet on the national level both candidates won thankfully to larger states leaning blue.

This is why the EC is garbage. A vote for the side that will most likely lose the state is not a wasted vote but ultimately doesn't matter as the GE is not a national total to the winner. It should be a national vote tally. The vote will usually hold far more power and relevance in swing states. Case in point, those years I spent in Georgia voting for Obama (2012) and Clinton (2016) didn't mean anything in the grand scheme yet on the national level both candidates won thankfully to larger states leaning blue.
Don't disagree about the EC, but it's not likely to change anytime soon, IMO the Senate is worse, small states have a huge disproportionate amount of power but that ain't changing anytime soon either

“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”

Jean-Paul Sartre
amazing quote, nice work.

Is there no law in the land of fecking laws that says one must not be a criminal to hold office?
I mean normal Joe's struggle to get work when they come out of jail

Will Trump be allowed to vote if he gets convicted? So could we potentially have a situation where he can't vote but can be elected president?

Is there no law in the land of fecking laws that says one must not be a criminal to hold office?
I mean normal Joe's struggle to get work when they come out of jail
I'm sure there are some, just because you are barred from holding office doesn't mean you can't run, and let's face it Trump is running no matter what,

Okay, feck that Fascist ghoul then.

You were right the first time. He may be Jewish but he's definitely a Nazi. He and his wife are truly hideous creatures and they look down upon everyone around them. He only managed to stay in his job because he never caused Trump any problems and he could openly say and do what Trump was privately thinking but couldn't say or do himself.