Donald Trump - GUILTY!

What propels the MAGA cult is magical thinking. They couldn’t believe Biden got 7 million more votes than Trump, so they concoct an alternate reality where tens of thousands of people - including elected Republicans - conspire to deny him the victory. They believe if they wish/pray hard enough it will come true. The problem for them is that justice doesn’t work this way. The legal system (flawed though it may be) is about presenting evidence and cogent arguments, not presenting someone’s dream board and hoping it works.

There is an article in today’s Washington Post profiling two Georgia voters, one Democrat, one Republican, and the Republican literally did not care what was in the indictment, didn’t read the indictment, and sought out opinions from non-journalists in order to confirm his gut feelings.
Time for one of my internet happy places.

Counterpoint: "what is happening to the our once great Nation"

Yeah...fair enough :lol:

You provide strong evidence. Still, "fully emblematic". He must have had a crash course in grade 1 English and updated his vocab a little.

Yeah...fair enough :lol:

You provide strong evidence. Still, "fully emblematic". He must have had a crash course in grade 1 English and updated his vocab a little.
"Fully emblematic" isn't that impressive though? I've heard that phrase used by loads of people in everyday life.

I just don't understand how it's possible for a judge to play a part in the case of the person who appointed her. How is there not some sort of rule that this can't happen.

Out. Of. Her. Depth. :mad: :nono: That's even before I say she's a corrupt bag of toss.

I just don't understand how it's possible for a judge to play a part in the case of the person who appointed her. How is there not some sort of rule that this can't happen.

She should have been disqualified before the case was assigned at random among other federal judges.

President's only nominate judges, the Senate are the ones that have the final say so

Same difference. Surely there are enough judges to make sure none are nominated by the defendant.
Not as easy as you think but there is a system of sorts, each judicial district has a chief judge that hands out the assignments, it's usually based on the caseloads and basically who's next up, that's federally, no idea about States but I imagine that would be similar

Ari Melber certainly is a man of culture when he uses that reference to Jose Mourinho's "If I speak I'm in big trouble" comment to explain how Trump fecks himself by doing the opposite. He even included an excerpt from the rap song that was inspired by the quote.

Ari Melber certainly is a man of culture when he uses that reference to Jose Mourinho's "If I speak I'm in big trouble" comment to explain how Trump fecks himself by doing the opposite. He even included an excerpt from the rap song that was inspired by the quote.

He is a massive hip hop head, he often interweaves topical lyrics into his show.

Out. Of. Her. Depth. :mad: :nono: That's even before I say she's a corrupt bag of toss.

She should have been disqualified before the case was assigned at random among other federal judges.
She might not be corrupt. There's no way some judges aren't in the Qanon cult.

A very good educational video by Robert Reich that came out today.

Trump is right up there with those cnuts Putin and Xi as they all match those 5 criteria, subtly or not.

I thought for a second, wait is Biden being indicted? But he means the indictment is obviously politcally motivated and directed solely by evil Biden and his no good son Hunter.

I love the logic: when I commit a crime while President, Bill Barr says I can't be indicted. After I'm President, you can't come after me because I'm running again, and it'll intefere with becoming President. And when I win, I'll future-pardon myself, dissolve the entire DoJ and burn all the evidence on the White House lawn.

Personally I don't believe even this Supreme Court would rule that (if he's found guilty) he can pardon himself. That's just an absolutely crazy reading of the law, and is so clearly not the intent or purpose.

Of course if he wins I do believe he'd shut down the existing federal investigations. But if he's found guilty already, I don't see him somehow getting those expunged.

I love the logic: when I commit a crime while President, Bill Barr says I can't be indicted. After I'm President, you can't come after me because I'm running again, and it'll intefere with becoming President. And when I win, I'll future-pardon myself, dissolve the entire DoJ and burn all the evidence on the White House lawn.

Personally I don't believe even this Supreme Court would rule that (if he's found guilty) he can pardon himself. That's just an absolutely crazy reading of the law, and is so clearly not the intent or purpose.

Of course if he wins I do believe he'd shut down the existing federal investigations. But if he's found guilty already, I don't see him somehow getting those expunged.
I can think of two judges who would certainly go for it.

I can think of two judges who would certainly go for it.
Exactly, just the two. I guess Thomas will listen to his best friend, and Alito will do it just to pwn the libs. I don't think even the others he appointed would go for that.

Thomas is a joke at this stage. I hadn't seen his wife's text messages before Jan 6 that are now public - there's no world he should be permitted to rule on anything involving political outcomes.