Donald Trump - GUILTY!

A little mishandling here and there, nothing to see here folks.

PS: I expect an arrest effort from the FBI at least similar to the one on Texeira.

Because this utterly deficient justice system does not do treat people equally before the law, this is what you get.

The fat cnut and his dwarf of a bald lackey should have been taken straight to prison as soon as the indictments came.

F1UtS4kWcAc43fX

Well, we have the 1st Amendment, so yes.

But freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to incite violence for example. Conspiracy to murder is a crime right even though you haven't done anything?

There is also a responsibility of speech isn't there?

But freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to incite violence for example. Conspiracy to murder is a crime right even though you haven't done anything?

There is also a responsibility of speech isn't there?
Per Schenk v. United States, “The clear and present danger test features two independent conditions: first, the speech must impose a threat that a substantive evil might follow, and second, the threat is a real, imminent threat.”

Her tweet does neither. She’s a raging idiot for posting it, but she has the right to do that.

Per Schenk v. United States, “The clear and present danger test features two independent conditions: first, the speech must impose a threat that a substantive evil might follow, and second, the threat is a real, imminent threat.”

Her tweet does neither. She’s a raging idiot for posting it, but she has the right to do that.

That's a pretty dumb ruling. Explains a lot about American politics then.

or libel or something

Also, regarding the issue of libel, then you get into NYT v. Sullivan, which set the bar very high for a libel suit involving a public official… “a public official must show that what was said against them was made with actual malice – "that is, with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard for the truth."’

You say that, but would you say it if it were a person calling Trump a dictator wannabe fascist who is a bitch for the far right?

I find that sort of language weird in general tbf but a public figure saying it is rather unbecoming. Calling someone a fascist isn't quite the same as calling them corrupt in my view. One is an opinion, the other an aspersion. You should have to have evidence if you want to defame someone.

I find that sort of language weird in general tbf but a public figure saying it is rather unbecoming. Calling someone a fascist isn't quite the same as calling them corrupt in my view. One is an opinion, the other an aspersion. You should have to have evidence if you want to defame someone.
See above regarding defamation / libel / slander of a public official.

I understand your discomfort though. To me, from the perspective of America’s idea of freedom of speech, it is absurd that ongoing cases involving footballers cannot be openly discussed on this forum.

I understand your discomfort though. To me, from the perspective of America’s idea of freedom of speech, it is absurd that ongoing cases involving footballers cannot be openly discussed on this forum.
Can you imagine what US cable news would be like if they could not discuss ongoing court cases of politicians and celebrities?

1f5v6z.jpg

The American idea of freedom of speech is deeply flawed, a lot of people have no idea what their actual rights are

In basic terms your speech is protected from Government interference, that's it

The CAF for example is a private owned forum, so is Twitter, Facebook et al, you have no rights in regard to what the forum allows you to post.

BTW, The UK has different laws regarding libel/defamation, essentially they are the opposite of US laws, in that the defendant has to prove their case rather than the accuser prove theirs, that's why a lot of these high profile cases are held in UK courts as they're easier to win

I'm disappointed it didn't include a verse like this:

With Giuliani
And Kushner, too.
Don Junior's bag of white
The pillow guy, a gargoyle and Sidney Powell
Here at the many of Donald Trump's trials ...
Fixed it for you

The American idea of freedom of speech is deeply flawed, a lot of people have no idea what their actual rights are
I’m not sure what you mean by that. It’s a broader sense of freedom of speech, not necessarily flawed.
In basic terms your speech is protected from Government interference, that's it
Which is what we’ve been discussing above.
The CAF for example is a private owned forum, so is Twitter, Facebook et al, you have no rights in regard to what the forum allows you to post.
Correct.
BTW, The UK has different laws regarding libel/defamation, essentially they are the opposite of US laws
Also correct, hence me saying I understand his unease… as I’m required to moderate a forum that operates based on a different set of rules than I’m used to.

I’m not sure what you mean by that. It’s a broader sense of freedom of speech, not necessarily flawed.

Which is what we’ve been discussing above.

Correct.

Also correct, hence me saying I understand his unease… as I’m required to moderate a forum that operates based on a different set of rules than I’m used to.
I meant the peoples idea of what the first amendment protects is very different to what it actually does protect, in general it doesn't give you as many rights as the general population thinks it does

re: the rest that's fair enough