Donald Trump - GUILTY!

News organizations shouldn't give air time to people who just lie and offend others non stop.
So news organizations shouldn't cover any politicians then, because they all lie and offend others

Yeah, all politicians behave like Trump...
They all lie and they all offend someone, every time Biden speaks he offends millions of Americans, every time DeSantis speaks he offends millions of different Americans and so on, that's what free speech and democracy is about, I've no doubt that some of your posts on here have offended someone and the same with mine, perhaps we should be banned!

They all lie and they all offend someone, every time Biden speaks he offends millions of Americans, every time DeSantis speaks he offends millions of different Americans and so on, that's what free speech and democracy is about, I've no doubt that some of your posts on here have offended someone and the same with mine, perhaps we should be banned!
If you're incapable of seeing the difference, then I guess you're incapable of seeing the difference.

If you're incapable of seeing the difference, then I guess you're incapable of seeing the difference.
I'm perfectly capable of seeing the difference, you're the one who seems to think that banning someone because they're a lying cnut you disagree with is acceptable in a free press, I hate everything he stands for, but that doesn't give me the right to say he can't say or broadcast it

I'm perfectly capable of seeing the difference, you're the one who seems to think that banning someone because they're a lying cnut you disagree with is acceptable in a free press, I hate everything he stands for, but that doesn't give me the right to say he can't say or broadcast it
If you own a media organization you have that right.

So we now are in an "All Koreas are wrong" kind of argument. Including -of course- the freedom to lie and offend, which isn't guaranteed in the Caf for instance so I assume this isn't a free space either.

If you own a media organization you have that right.
I'm guessing you're talking about media outlets like Fox, CNN and such like, well they want to make money, putting Trump on air does just that

Trump is over. He doesn't have the energy left to fight what's sure to be a bloody primary, and by the time he comes out on top (and that's an if), he will have exhausted most of his resources and will have next to nothing left to compete in the general, because he has trouble raising money for the general. And that's on top of his legal shenanigans which are 100% self inflicted from start to end.

I can't wait for him to return to Twitter with his increasingly unhinged rants and get bitch slapped by community notes left and right.

Trump is over. He doesn't have the energy left to fight what's sure to be a bloody primary, and by the time he comes out on top (and that's an if), he will have exhausted most of his resources and will have next to nothing left to compete in the general, because he has trouble raising money for the general. And that's on top of his legal shenanigans which are 100% self inflicted from start to end.

I can't wait for him to return to Twitter with his increasingly unhinged rants and get bitch slapped by community notes left and right.
Hope that's sarcasm because that's mostly as close to reality as the 2020 election was stolen

Trump has raised millions just off being indicted, money is not an issue for him, he will wipe the floor with DeSantis in the primaries

I think the problem is not that he is given airtime but rather he is never held to account for his insane ramblings.

And the power of the far right press like Fox et al. Is responsible for that.

Hope that's sarcasm because that's mostly as close to reality as the 2020 election was stolen

Trump has raised millions just off being indicted, money is not an issue for him, he will wipe the floor with DeSantis in the primaries
I would absolutely not count him out right now based on early polling data. Mind you, Trump was 1% in polling this time in 2015. Yes, Trump is ahead by a lot. But it's simply too early to call which way this will go.

Speaking of money, Trump can raise money from these indictments but how many times can he use this as an ace up his sleeve? I would estimate he's only raised about $60m (based on the $34m number found in this article mid-April) INCLUDING from indictment bumps, and has already used significant chunk of that attacking DeSantis this early in the primary and will continue to. And do I need to mention the mounting legal fees?

Having said that and accounting for it, Democrats will have a massive cash advantage over Trump if he becomes the nominee having banked hundreds of millions for this fight. Trump has also shown to be a massive turnout machine like no other... for Democrats as seen in 2020.

Even if he wins the Republican nomination how does Trump get back the voters he lost at the last election? Not to mention that new younger voters will not help him win.

He doesn't. And I guarantee he's lost even more votes following his post-2020 election shenanigans.

I'm guessing you're talking about media outlets like Fox, CNN and such like, well they want to make money, putting Trump on air does just that
My point is not about what they will do, but what they should do.

The ones who are diehard Trumpers won't budge. Those who held their nose and voted against Hillary, those people are gone. Those who call themselves independents (I've never actually met a real one, I think they are merely people who don't want to be outed for a particularly noxious viewpoint) are likely gone as well. Abortion was the wedge issue, and I heard from some conservatives that it the sole reason they voted for Trump, and now that's basically off the table.

I listened to the Legal AF podcast today and they mentioned there are 4 cases currently against Trump, plus Jack Smith is likely to file further charges (dissemination). In addition E. Jean Carroll's defamation case will be in January 2024, and he'll lose that one again, and it will remind everyone he is a sexual offender. The other cases will seriously derail his team's ability to game the system. He's already had a difficult time finding any qualified legal representation, with 2 lawyers quitting last week. He's definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

So the Trump machine will be a lot less agile this time around, and the possible 6 cases against him (civil and criminal) are going to impact his fragile state of mind. The Democrats need to hold Georgia, Arizona, New Mexico, and Michigan, and it's game over. He will have incriminated himself a dozen times by then, and those statements are gold for the prosecutors, like the event he held at Bedminster the night after his indictment. Jack Smith doesn't feck around.

Russel Brand has gone down the far right rabbit hole for a while now pretty much since everyone put two and two together and got four regarding a certain rumours ghosting around for years.

Isn't the Trump jury all from Florida which pretty much means this case is just a waste of time and he still get off
What rumour is that?

He doesn't. And I guarantee he's lost even more votes following his post-2020 election shenanigans.
This is my take, and it's why I desperately want Trump to be the nominee. His road to victory was always marginal, and he's gotten weaker at the margins.

And he's even crazier now, which will push away the 'well he's a bit different how bad can he be?' types that voted in the first win.

My fear is that he gets fully arrested and removed from the GOP candidates.

This is my take, and it's why I desperately want Trump to be the nominee. His road to victory was always marginal, and he's gotten weaker at the margins.

And he's even crazier now, which will push away the 'well he's a bit different how bad can he be?' types that voted in the first win.

My fear is that he gets fully arrested and removed from the GOP candidates.
Trump will be the nominee, no need to worry there, he can and will keep running even if he's arrested, there is nothing to stop him doing that

As for the GE, I don't see him winning that, but you can't discount it fully, the GOP voter suppression laws are focused on the very states where it will be close, if those laws work then he could sneak in

Trump will be the nominee, no need to worry there, he can and will keep running even if he's arrested, there is nothing to stop him doing that

As for the GE, I don't see him winning that, but you can't discount it fully, the GOP voter suppression laws are focused on the very states where it will be close, if those laws work then he could sneak in

Agree, but would add Biden’s age as a risk factor. It will be a major focus area leading up to the GE and there will be people refraining from voting for either, because of Biden’s perceived lack of mental fitness.

If Biden was just 10 years younger it would be a non-factor.

Agree, but would add Biden’s age as a risk factor. It will be a major focus area leading up to the GE and there will be people refraining from voting for either, because of Biden’s perceived lack of mental fitness.

If Biden was just 10 years younger it would be a non-factor.
The age thing is stupid TBH, if Biden is too old then so is Trump, there's only 3 years between them, the problem is the alternatives, IMO DeSantis would be worse than Trump in a lot of ways, on the Dems side it's not much better, Harris would be a loser, Buttigieg being gay would be an issue (wrongly but reality) Newsom, maybe but his stance on guns would probably hurt him in a GE

The age thing is stupid TBH, if Biden is too old then so is Trump, there's only 3 years between them, the problem is the alternatives, IMO DeSantis would be worse than Trump in a lot of ways, on the Dems side it's not much better, Harris would be a loser, Buttigieg being gay would be an issue (wrongly but reality) Newsom, maybe but his stance on guns would probably hurt him in a GE

True, but Biden is showing his age a lot more than Trump. Trump is not falling on stage and making constant gaffes that make him look senile (he looks insane, but not senile). I'm not saying Biden can't continue to do the job, or that he isn't the best option out there. Just that his age will be an issue for some people, and the Republicans are gonna hammer him for it in the GE.

True, but Biden is showing his age a lot more than Trump. Trump is not falling on stage and making constant gaffes that make him look senile (he looks insane, but not senile). I'm not saying Biden can't continue to do the job, or that he isn't the best option out there. Just that his age will be an issue for some people, and the Republicans are gonna hammer him for it in the GE.
Fair point, but the Dems are gonna hammer Trump on the legal stuff, the documents case will hurt him, he's had the edge with military vote and I suspect that might change a bit now, waving battle plans around in public isn't going to go down well with people who might actually have to participate in them

What? Trump lives in an alternate reality in his own head. He's literally a barely functioning narcissist with dementia that by all accounts shits his own pants in public while calling people a loser and making up juvenile names for them.

What? Trump lives in an alternate reality in his own head. He's literally a barely functioning narcissist with dementia that by all accounts shits his own pants in public while calling people a loser and making up juvenile names for them.

Biden isn't much better on the cognitive lucidity front.

Biden isn't much better on the cognitive lucidity front.
Come on man, there's no comparison. One really old dude in one of the most high intensity jobs on the plant who has a life long stammer that looks like he's dithering but still gets his point across. Then there's Trump. Don't confuse being really fecking old to being absolutely batshit crazy without one redeemable trait that would make you a decent or reliable person.

Come on man, there's no comparison. One really old dude in one of the most high intensity jobs on the plant who has a life long stammer that looks like he's dithering but still gets his point across. Then there's Trump. Don't confuse being really fecking old to being absolutely batshit crazy without one redeemable trait that would make you a decent or reliable person.

That doesn't excuse the obvious fact that Biden is dangerously close to being unelectable based on his own cognitive decline. The fact that he's running against Trump isn't going to shield him from his own inability to communicate properly, which would only get worse if he's reelected and in his 80s.

Don't get me wrong, Trump is batshit crazy. He's a narcissist and a compulsive liar, he's petty and viscious, and he doesn't know anything about real issues. He just spouts stuff. I wish he'd go away forever.

But, he isn't showing his age the same way Biden is. Have we seen Trump falling on stage or anywhere else? No. Have we seen clear examples of cognitive decline? I wouldn't say so.

This is not an endorsement of Trump in any way. Just a comment on what might be an hindrance for Biden in the GE.