Dele Alli - Performance Thread 2017/18

:confused:
Last game, Alli was the main driving force in Spurs come back vs Juventus in Turin.

Awesome player.

I thought everything he touched turned to shit, but yea I know he played in Kane for the goal and got a pen.
Certainly not a driving force

Edit again. You may be thinking of Erikson

It was a penalty. Yes he made the most of it but literally ever player in the league attempts to make the most of it when you feel contact in the box.

He seems to play with a huge chip on his shoulder, it would be interesting to know where it stems from.

You have to admire his dedication to being detestable.
He's so transparently a cnut, I almost like him.

I think players who get fouled more get more free kicks. You can't dive if a player doesn't put a foot in.
If you don’t want to answer the question then that’s up to you. It’s a simple fact that diving will win you more free kicks than not diving. That’s why players do it.

It’s a dive for the penalty today. He’s got previous.

The really annoying thing about Tottenham and Dele and Kane in particular is that no matter what they do it never seems to be picked up in any major way by the UKs TV or media. Zero mention of a dive on the BBC feed today despite it being blatant.

It’s almost like the UK based media is constantly trying to pump / help Tottenham

They can dive; do ankle breaking challenges or pretty much anything else with absolute impunity.

If he wasn't English he'd be getting fire from all fronts for his cheating ways, but he's English, so he doesn't. The double standards are quite apparent.

If you don’t want to answer the question then that’s up to you. It’s a simple fact that diving will win you more free kicks than not diving. That’s why players do it.

That is part of it sure - I've agreed that Alli likes to dive - but another big part of it is that he often has players actively targeting him and due to his style of play (ball at his feet a lot) he does get fouled a lot. It's not JUST because he dives.

That is part of it sure - I've agreed that Alli likes to dive - but another big part of it is that he often has players actively targeting him and due to his style of play (ball at his feet a lot) he does get fouled a lot. It's not JUST because he dives.
Uh. It's not like Alli is your most elegant player with the ball at his feet or having most touches. Why Alli is singled out as the diver? Why not Dembele, Erikssen for instance? That's just Tottenham team alone. Look at other teams, you see players got targeted with clear foul, yet the decision ain't going their way and they are not deemed as diving (they do dive from time to time, mind).

Quite amazing how this guy is so unlikable it's unreal. He does everything to force you hate him with passion.

Only ones who defend him are his club's fans.

Uh. It's not like Alli is your most elegant player with the ball at his feet or having most touches. Why Alli is singled out as the diver? Why not Dembele, Erikssen for instance? That's just Tottenham team alone. Look at other teams, you see players got targeted with clear foul, yet the decision ain't going their way and they are not deemed as diving (they do dive from time to time, mind).

Players actively targeting him.

Quite amazing how this guy is so unlikable it's unreal. He does everything to force you hate him with passion.

Only ones who defend him are his club's fans.

One of those whom you love if he plays for you.

Players actively targeting him.
I am sure more than they would target Erikssen, Dembele and Kane. Yet the others are still respectable. Of course, I won't claim I know better than you. It's opinion matter so agree to disagree. Just put it out their as food for thought.

It was a tired tackle by the defender, there wasn't major contact but it was a penalty. Alli was clever and went down, if a united player went down I'd say the same. I don't see the big deal at all, the defender give the ref no choice.I think people are going a little overboard, maybe because Alli isn't the most likable on the pitch at times.

I am sure more than they would target Erikssen, Dembele and Kane. Yet the others are still respectable. Of course, I won't claim I know better than you. It's opinion matter so agree to disagree. Just put it out their as food for thought.

Hey I don't think I know better than you either mate - it's just my opinion. You can see how much vitriol gets aimed at Alli so I would imagine a lot of players feel the same and actively target the kid as a result.

There was contact FFS, some comments are ridiculous.
Yeah, Ronaldo used to do similar for us. Just goes over easily with the occasional actual dive thrown in.
A lot of opposition fans would call Ronaldo a diver as well.

It was a pen but he made the most of it Ashley Young style. He’s a chronic cheat though and currently the biggest one in England. Seems to be rubbing off on golden-boy Kane too.

Who really believes that was a penalty today ? You can't say there's contact if you leave your foot in to make contact with the defender.

It's cheating pure and simple and is a clear dive

Who really believes that was a penalty today ? You can't say there's contact if you leave your foot in to make contact with the defender.

It's cheating pure and simple and is a clear dive

I'd say most people would agree that it was a penalty - most people would also say that Alli made the most of it.

Yeah, Ronaldo used to do similar for us. Just goes over easily with the occasional actual dive thrown in.
A lot of opposition fans would call Ronaldo a diver as well.

I have no problem with any player drawing a foul, I hate diving which Dele does do on occasion, but he’s not the only player to do so.

Can't believe how Alli's is penalty while Spurs defender barged Rochdale player from behind in the box and that wasn't.

Hey I don't think I know better than you either mate - it's just my opinion. You can see how much vitriol gets aimed at Alli so I would imagine a lot of players feel the same and actively target the kid as a result.

Oh poor victim. Can you post few of those tackles that you could classify as player being targeted?

Understandly so, people don't like players who dive and can hurt others too regardless of age. He isn't any more targeted than others

Can't believe how Alli's is penalty while Spurs defender barged Rochdale player from behind in the box and that wasn't.

Didnt see the match, did the Rochdale player go down like he was shot then roll around like he had 2 broken legs signalling to the medics on the sideline? If not he probably should have, might have got a penalty lol.