Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

Why argue with a man who came out with this crap?

The "crap" in question said "Dembele is excellent". I stand by that.

The "crap" you've quoted also contained this: "... I'll tell you what is actually laughable: your blinkered complacency." Fast forward a little bit: Spurs finish above United. Fast forward further: Spurs are in the CL and United aren't.

As for the rest, Paulinho and Soldado didn't work out. So what? Do think that seizing on a couple of transfer failings outweighs all the hits? Two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward in result, as United's complacency has discovered to your cost when it comes to Spurs.

In any case, I could write a list of United transfer duds as long as my arm. And that's just for the last 3 seasons. I could also dig out literally hundreds of stupid posts from a whole host of posters on this site when it comes to claims made about Spurs or United players. But unlike you I can't be bothered because I'm not that desperate.

The "crap" in question said "Dembele is excellent". I stand by that.

The "crap" you've quoted also contained this: "... I'll tell you what is actually laughable: your blinkered complacency." Fast forward a little bit: Spurs finish above United. Fast forward further: Spurs are in the CL and United aren't.

As for the rest, Paulinho and Soldado didn't work out. So what? Do think that seizing on a couple of transfer failings outweighs all the hits? Two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward in result, as United's complacency has discovered to your cost when it comes to Spurs.

In any case, I could write a list of United transfer duds as long as my arm. And that's just for the last 3 seasons. I could also dig out literally hundreds of stupid posts from a whole host of posters on this site when it comes to claims made about Spurs or United players. But unlike you I can't be bothered because I'm not that desperate.
It's not hard to type in Paulinho and GlastonSpur into the search bar. You can call it desperate or whatever but it shows what kind of nonsense u come out with

I remember you saying Pogba would need to compete/prove to get himself into a midfield of Dembele/Alli/Dier. United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Bayern fans have laughed at it and I'm glad there are some normal Spurs fans on this site now.

Dier is a DM, Pogba isn't. Alli now plays as an AM - some tell me that Pogba isn't, some tell me he is. Which leaves Dembele ... and I've already said that Pogba would not just "stroll in" ahead of a player who was fantastic last season.

I suspect your definition of a "normal" Spurs fan is one who agrees with you, or otherwise they are deluded.

It's not hard to type in Paulinho and GlastonSpur into the search bar. You can call it desperate or whatever but it shows what kind of nonsense u come out with

It's not hard to type Atilla and "desperate" into a search bar either. At the last count there were over 6 billion hits.

Dier is a DM, Pogba isn't. Alli now plays as an AM - some tell me that Pogba isn't, some tell me he is. Which leaves Dembele ... and I've already said that Pogba would not just "stroll in" ahead of a player who was fantastic last season.

I suspect your definition of a "normal" Spurs fan is one who agrees with you, or otherwise they are deluded.
Yes a spurs fan who claims Pogba would need to compete with Dembele for a place in the team and is laughed at by United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern and Spurs fans is indeed deluded

Dembele is a good player but he wouldn't keep Pogba out of the side. Right now your team looks garbage to be honest and needs all the help it can get, yet you have the audacity to claim Pogba wouldn't get in to the side ahead of that bunch of bottlers from last season? The same ill disciplined lot that caved in at the death and then went to the Euros and performed pathetically? England relied heavily on these so called Tottenham gems yet ended up with their most pathetic campaign in history.

Give it a rest and feel free to report me to the FA. You're like Rafa Benitez circa 2009.
All but Walker performed terribly to be fair.

Maybe. But when I've cited Alli's goals and assists stats at the age of 19, I've been told it's unfair to cite such stats since Pogba plays in CM and not as AM.

And yet when people criticised Pogba's lack-lustre performances in the Euros, they were told it's unfair because he's not suited to playing in CM alongside Matuidi.

Alli was garbage in the Euros. Much worse than Pogba who still managed to help his team to the final and score a goal. What's your point?

Yes a spurs fan who claims Pogba would need to compete with Dembele for a place in the team and is laughed at by United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Bayern and Spurs fans is indeed deluded

Pogba has yet to prove he can cut in the Prem: that's a fact. And it's fact that remains even if you may believe he will, and even if you believe he's the best in the world,

Meanwhile, in the 23 Premier League games that Dembele started last season, Spurs never lost, taking 53 points, an average of 2.3 points per game. Title-winning form. More facts for for.

You may not like these facts, but they add up one thing: Pogba would not just "stroll in" to displace Dembele. He'd have to earn it.

Alli was garbage in the Euros. Much worse than Pogba who still managed to help his team to the final and score a goal. What's your point?
And Kane. Who is still not performing and playing like a donkey

Pogba has yet to prove he can cut in the Prem: that's a fact. And it's fact that remains even if you may believe he will, and even if you believe he's the best in the world,

Meanwhile, in the 23 Premier League games that Dembele started last season, Spurs never lost, taking 53 points, an average of 2.3 points per game. Title-winning form. More facts for for.

You may not like these facts, but they add up one thing: Pogba would not just "stroll in" to displace Dembele. He'd have to earn it.
This is why I asked u before if Verratti would get into the spurs team.

Could you answer now? Would verratti walk into the spurs first 11

This thread is weird. It's become some kind of weird argument about Dembele, Pogba and United's transfer policy v Spurs. Was it not supposed to be about Alli? And if it was, Alli is still England's best young midfielder. By some distance.

This thread is weird. It's become some kind of weird argument about Dembele, Pogba and United's transfer policy v Spurs. Was it not supposed to be about Alli? And if it was, Alli is still England's best young midfielder. By some distance.
Whats the competition for England's best young midfielder? Seems like you are stating the obvious

False.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33744640

I actually haven't checked any others. I have no interest in doing so. I just know he started that game, and that Spurs lost. Might want to have a quick look at your facts.

Also, no form can be described as "title winning form" if it didn't result in a title win, and then call it a fact. Lunacy.

I mean that's because they're false. Check which forum you're on and then check that game.

So is Kane a better player than Messi?

Isn't he England's only young midfielder bar Barkley though?

I've not said that Dembele is the best best box-to-box midfielder in Europe last season. I've simply cited a footballing analysis site that says he was last season and placed Pogba 6th in the ranking ... which at the very least suggests that my view of Dembele is not as out-of-whack as some posters like to pretend.

As to why he wasn't in the Belgian team, ask their manager. Perhaps he thought Dembele didn't fit with the way he wanted to play. In any case it was a mistake IMO.
The same Pogba who played as a no 10 last season? That box to box midfielder?
Great stats

Wow, this thread.

Anyway, I'm worried that Alli is still acting like a cnut on the field. Leaving his foot in after challenges, etc. I'm not sure he has it in him to change that, I think he needs a more serious repercussion from his antics to learn. Not sure what though.

I have no worries about his technical ability, in the number 10 role, just the mental side of things.

:lol:

feck knows why you're allowed to continue posting your shite in here year on year after other oppo fans have been banned for less.

Nobody knows. It's a running joke.

As of May this year: "Tottenham Hotspur's Mousa Dembele is the best box-to-box midfielder in Europe, according to a new study by CIES Football Observatory.

Dembele ranked above Paris Saint-Germain's Blaise Matuidi and Borussia Dortmund's Ilkay Gundogan, while his Spurs teammate Dele Alli finished fourth.

Juventus star Paul Pogba finished a distant sixth, behind the Premier League's only other representative in the top 10, Yaya Toure of Manchester City.

The study assessed midfielders based on rigour, recovery, distribution, take-ons, chances created and shooting, and also ranked Europe's defensive midfielders -- with Bayern Munich's Arturo Vidal the best and N'Golo Kante of Leicester the highest Premier League representative in eighth place."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/tottenham-h...le-is-europes-best-box-to-box-midfielder-cies

Now, it's just one study and I'm not saying it's definitive. But it does suggest that my view of Dembele is not so out-of-whack in relation to Pogba. And I did see Dembele every time he played for Spurs last season, unlike most on here I suspect. And I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that people hold their horses on Pogba a little bit until the Prem season has unfolded a lot more than it has so far, before they jump in and claim he'd "stroll in" ahead of Dembele.

The same site ranked Jones as the best young CB in 2015. Smalling was ranked 4th, Rojo as 8th best defender in the world. You know who was 2nd? Demichellis :lol:

Last edited:
Again, that's not what I've said. I've said that Pogba would have to compete against Dembele for his spot - and whether he'd succeed in displacing him is an open question. And again let me ask, how many times did you see Dembele play last season? If Pogba manages to be even 80% as good this season as Dembele was last season then he'll be doing well.

I've seen all this big money snobbery before. But I'm not influenced in the slightest by the fact that Pogba cost a world record fee or that he's played in a CL final for Juve. Let's see him play more than twice in the Prem before proclaiming him to be a box-to-box CM who is vastly better than Dembele.

If any player plays to 80% of what Dembele played then that performance would be called as average. Dembele had good season that's it. You make it should like he had season like peak Xavi or Iniesta. According to your logic he wasn't even better than Herrera.

Came in here to say that alli has looked a little flat in the last few games I’ve seen. Probably a case of playing too much football and needing a bit of a rest, also still seems a little hot headed but that should resolve itself as he matures. Still englands best prospect despite a dip in form.

On the other madness taking over in here; obviously pogba is better than dembele, given a choice between the two anyone who knows anything about football would take him. I think the point glaston is trying to make, albeit in a provocative and annoying way, is that because of dembeles good form last season pogba would be expected to fight for his place.

I don’t think it is too much of an outrageous statement on its own, just about any player arriving at a top 4 club must realise their first job is to dislodge the player currently in their position.

Reactions: Varun
False.

I actually haven't checked any others. I have no interest in doing so. I just know he started that game, and that Spurs lost. Might want to have a quick look at your facts.

Also, no form can be described as "title winning form" if it didn't result in a title win, and then call it a fact. Lunacy.

I mean that's because they're false. Check which forum you're on and then check that game.

I called it earlier! @GlastonSpur

He's become like Rafa with his fachts..

Dembele seems pretty important to Spurs (and Kane):

To clear up GlastonSpur's earlier quote.

Came in here to say that alli has looked a little flat in the last few games I’ve seen. Probably a case of playing too much football and needing a bit of a rest, also still seems a little hot headed but that should resolve itself as he matures. Still englands best prospect despite a dip in form.

On the other madness taking over in here; obviously pogba is better than dembele, given a choice between the two anyone who knows anything about football would take him. I think the point glaston is trying to make, albeit in a provocative and annoying way, is that because of dembeles good form last season pogba would be expected to fight for his place.

I don’t think it is too much of an outrageous statement on its own, just about any player arriving at a top 4 club must realise their first job is to dislodge the player currently in their position.

We are not talking about Rashford here :cool:

Dembele is a good player on his day. I think what Glaston means is that both Pogba and Dembele would fight it out for the spots and it wouldn't be as linear as Pogba walking into the team. While I do disagree with him I can see exactly where he is coming from. Perhaps it wouldn't be as simple as that, perhaps Poch would try to accommodate both of them?
No he isn't coming from anywhere and it is that simple with Pogba easily walking into that Spurs midfield ahead of anyone. Pogba is a starting 11 material in any team in the world and would start for the likes of Madrid(which is why they were even after him) or Barca and this Glaston guy thinks he'll have to compete with anyone at Spurs to get into the starting 11 :lol:

That level of delusion is unprecedented.

No he isn't coming from anywhere and it is that simple with Pogba easily walking into that Spurs midfield ahead of anyone. Pogba is a starting 11 material in any team in the world and would start for the likes of Madrid(which is why they were even after him) or Barca and this Glaston guy thinks he'll have to compete with anyone at Spurs to get into the starting 11 :lol:

That level of delusion is unprecedented.
Agree with your point but I don't think Pogba would automatically start for Barca.

This is why I asked u before if Verratti would get into the spurs team.

Could you answer now? Would verratti walk into the spurs first 11

I imagine he'd find a place. Happy now?

Agree with your point but I don't think Pogba would automatically start for Barca.
He certainly would.

Pogba is getting underestimated since joining us, maybe due to Euros, I don't know. The guy was terrific for Juve last year and made it to FIFA world 11. Very few MF can be said to be ahead of him right now in the world and it could be arguable. With Iniesta getting old now, only the likes of Modric can be ranked ahead of him now and some would argue about that.

But what is certain is that Pogba is a top 3-5 MF in the world right now which is why this entire discussion with Dembele and Alli is quite cringeworthy and annoying to begin with.

False.

Dembele wasn't playing in CM in that game. He was fielded on the right side of the attacking three. So my post should have been amended to specify games in which Dembele started in CM.

Also it's absurd to say that the phrase "title winning form" can never be used unless the title is actually won.

Last edited:
Again, that's not what I've said. I've said that Pogba would have to compete against Dembele for his spot - and whether he'd succeed in displacing him is an open question. And again let me ask, how many times did you see Dembele play last season? If Pogba manages to be even 80% as good this season as Dembele was last season then he'll be doing well.

I've seen all this big money snobbery before. But I'm not influenced in the slightest by the fact that Pogba cost a world record fee or that he's played in a CL final for Juve. Let's see him play more than twice in the Prem before proclaiming him to be a box-to-box CM who is vastly better than Dembele.

Don't you think it's rather silly that you're calling out posters for having not seen Dembele play last season, when if they're Premier League watchers, and given Spurs were on the TV a lot last season, they'll almost certainly have seen him play dozens of times.

This is especially silly as you then flatly state that Dele Alli showed more potential than Pogba at 19 yet you clearly never watched Pogba play at that age, which is obvious from the ignorance in your points and your disdain for Serie A. You only have goal and assist numbers, easily sourced from Sqwauka or elsewhere as the crutch for your argument. That's pathetic.

yep, pretty much this.

Your Wilshere, Barkley, Alli(my bad it's only Dele now) are ridiculously overhyped and haven't shown anywhere near the talent and potential the likes of Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard showed in their youth.

I disagree with this, at 19/20 Gerrard had shown very little, Scholes had a brilliant breakout season but wasn't a first 11 regular like Alli, Lampard was a regular but had nowhere near the same impact as Alli. I'm pretty sure Wilshere was in the team of the season at 19.

All three showed a lot of potential at very young ages.