Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

Well same goes for Alli. He was better than Pogba when Pogba was 19. Though most see it next to impossible for him to be better than what Pogba is now.
How can you say this? The whole point of Pogba moving was because he couldn't show what he could do at United.
He moved to Turin and according to Pirlo and Buffon he bossed it in training from day one. Nobody could believe we let this wonderful talent go.
Plaging his way so quickly into that stacked midfield v Dele playing with Eriksen etc in finishing 3rd in the EPL.
Put 19 yo Dele into that Juve midfield and he doesn't stand out to the same extent simply because it was the best midfield in the world at the time. By rights he has a lot less responsibility.
Glaston could barely describe Pogba's style 4 years later. Taking his opinion on a 19 year old Pogba makes no sense since he simply wouldn't have seen him play.
This was during the time the whole world was salivating over Paul and mocking United. Pogba showed a hell of a lot back then

How can you say this? The whole point of Pogba moving was because he couldn't show what he could do at United.
He moved to Turin and according to Pirlo and Buffon he bossed it in training from day one. Nobody could believe we let this wonderful talent go.
Plaging his way so quickly into that stacked midfield v Dele playing with Eriksen etc in finishing 3rd in the EPL.
Put 19 yo Dele into that Juve midfield and he doesn't stand out to the same extent simply because it was the best midfield in the world at the time. By rights he has a lot less responsibility.
Glaston could barely describe Pogba's style 4 years later. Taking his opinion on a 19 year old Pogba makes no sense since he simply wouldn't have seen him play.
This was during the time the whole world was salivating over Paul and mocking United. Pogba showed a hell of a lot back then
I meant that at age 19, Alli was able to produce better stats than Pogba. Anyone who chooses that as an example to prove he is better than Pogba is ridiculous. That is why followed it up with the Kane and Rashford comparison.

Overrated player. Good physical an technical tools but the football brain clearly lacks in comparison with other true talents.

His annoying attitude/face speaks volumes itself

Overrated player. Good physical an technical tools but the football brain clearly lacks in comparison with other true talents.

His annoying attitude/face speaks volumes itself

That will come with experience, he is only 20 years old. For his age he is a fantastic prospect, I don't think anybody could disagree with that.

Yes, he's showing more potential than Kane did at the same age. The only caveat (in comparison to Alli) is that Alli has made many more starts for Spurs than Rashford has for United and is an established part of the first XI.
So Rashford has shown more potential but isn't currently better than Kane.

Similarly Alli has shown more potential perhaps but isn't currently better than Pogba. Do you agree with this?

Sorry but I'm still laughing at @GlastonSpur saying that if Pogba signed for Spurs he wouldn't get into their first XI ahead of Dembele/Wanyama/Alli

This is NOT what I said. So this is you spreading deliberate misinformation - if you do it again I'll report you.

Your misinformation should be obvious, since Wanyama is not even in our first XI and Alli has the AM role as distinct from Pogba's CM role.

What I actually said is that Pogba would have to compete for a starting spot against Dembele, who is our box-to-box CM and was fantastic last season.

He wouldn't just walk in and automatically replace Dembele.

This is NOT what I said. So this is you spreading deliberate misinformation - if you do it again I'll report you.

Your misinformation should be obvious, since Wanyama is not even in our first XI and Alli has the AM role as distinct from Pogba's CM role.

What I actually said is that Pogba would have to compete for a starting spot against Dembele, who is our box-to-box CM and was fantastic last season.

He wouldn't just walk in and automatically replace Dembele.

The guy is over exaggerating to make you look more foolish of course.

But there's no way Pogba would be "competing" against Dembele. He'd stroll in, and leave Dembele chasing league cup starts.

You said he'd have to fight for his place in the Spurs team. Unless you're going to wiggle out of it with the loosest possible interpretation of "fight for", then the obvious implication is that he's not significantly better than his competitors. Anyone but you can see that's utterly absurd.

He would play instead of Alli as the AM or Dembele as the CM, or the system would be changed to 433. Pogba is that good.

So Rashford has shown more potential but isn't currently better than Kane.

Similarly Alli has shown more potential perhaps but isn't currently better than Pogba. Do you agree with this?

Yes, that's fair enough ... but with the caveat that so far Rashford has not played that many minutes for United so needs to sustain his showing over a much longer period.

The only thinking and pondering Pochettino would have to do is who he should drop out of Dembele and Alli since Pogba can play both positions.

Pogba walks into every midfield in the league, there is no point in discussing it.

But there's no way Pogba would be "competing" against Dembele. He'd stroll in, and leave Dembele chasing league cup starts.

Compete is such a vague word. He would compete with Dembele the same way Romero technically competes with DDG.

Being "the best young English midfielder" today is like winning the olympics for transplant-recpients.
You're still far behind the proper athletes.

The guy is over exaggerating to make you look more foolish of course.

I flatly disagree. How many Spurs games when Dembele was playing did you see last season? He was really, really good. This is why he was named Europe's best box-to-box midfielder across all of Europe's top 5 leagues last season: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/tottenham-h...le-is-europes-best-box-to-box-midfielder-cies Whether people agree with the rating or not is another question, but it does suggest that his performances last season were right up there.

So let's see how good Pogba actually is in the Prem, rather than in a much inferior Italian league or playing in cup competitions, before you tell me he'd "stroll in" ahead of Dembele.

2754909_full-lnd.jpg

Which ones are Dembele and Alli?

This.

Being "the best young English midfielder" today is like winning the olympics for transplant-recpients.
You're still far behind the proper athletes.

Exactly - after Gerrard, Lampard, Carrick and Scholes, England haven't produced a single midfielder of international standard. It's all hype, look at Jack Wilshere.

I flatly disagree. How many Spurs games when Dembele was playing did you see last season? He was really, really good. This is why he was named Europe's best box-to-box midfielder across all of Europe's top 5 leagues last season: http://www.espnfc.co.uk/tottenham-h...le-is-europes-best-box-to-box-midfielder-cies Whether people agree with the rating or not is another question, but it does suggest that his performances last season were right up there.

So let's see how good Pogba actually is in the Prem, rather than in a much inferior Italian league or playing in cup competitions, before you tell me he'd "stroll in" ahead of Dembele.

When was the last time Dembele played in a champions league final, let alone being pivotal jn the team reaching it.

Thought not...

Spurs are a feeder club, always have been, always will be. You dont actually think you will win anything do you ?

You said he'd have to fight for his place in the Spurs team. Unless you're going to wiggle out of it with the loosest possible interpretation of "fight for", then the obvious implication is that he's not significantly better than his competitors. Anyone but you can see that's utterly absurd.

He would play instead of Alli as the AM or Dembele as the CM, or the system would be changed to 433. Pogba is that good.

See post #541.

Pogba has yet to show in the Prem that he will be significantly better than Dembele was last season. That's not absurd - it's fact. Playing well in an inferior league and in cup competitions is a different kettle of fish. Just because United paid a vast sum for him doesn't change this.

It's always the same old story from some United fans: Rafael was apparently far better than Walker. Shaw is apparently far better than Rose. Kane was a one-season wonder. Dier was apparently just a poor man's Schneiderlinn. Schweinsteigger was apparently a world class signing. di Maria was going to blow away the Prem etc etc etc.

See post #541.

Pogba has yet to show in the Prem that he will be significantly better than Dembele was last season. That's not absurd - it's fact. Playing well in an inferior league and in cup competitions is a different kettle of fish. Just because United paid a vast sum for him doesn't change this.

It's always the same old story from some United fans: Rafael was apparently far better than Walker. Shaw is apparently far better than Rose. Kane was a one-season wonder. Dier was apparently just a poor man's Schneiderlinn. Schweinsteigger was apparently a world class signing. di Maria was going to blow away the Prem etc etc etc.

:lol:

feck knows why you're allowed to continue posting your shite in here year on year after other oppo fans have been banned for less.

When was the last time Dembele played in a champions league final, let alone being pivotal jn the team reaching it. ...

Juventus does equal Pogba. It doesn't prove that Pogba is going to be fantastic in the Prem or better than Dembele was last season. You might want to wait before he's played in 2 games in the Prem this season before crowning Pogba as the king of CM .... but then I guess not, seeing your user name.

Rafael was far better than Walker in the season MUFC fans claimed that.
Shaw is far better than Rose, ask any neutral in here.
Not too controversial to expect that with all the one season wonder strikers we've seen in the PL, he did come onto the scene fairly unexpected for most non Tottenham fans.
Not seen that mentioned. Schneiderlin was easily at Dier's level while at Southampton though.
Schwein was world class, injuries and age ruined him and most United fans quickly turned on him
Di Maria on song would have blown away the prem, it didn't work out for him due to LvG and him being a pussy.

And as far as Pogba vs your midfield options goes, there is a reason that not one neutral on here is even entertaining the thought that he would have problems displacing them. Also while you claim that he did it in a far worse league than the PL he did it in a far better team than Spurs, and this "glorified cup competition" you are talking about is actually the CL, not some dodgy Italian league cup.

Last edited:

feck knows why you're allowed to continue posting your shite in here year on year after other oppo fans have been banned for less.

Your post is just a throwaway piece of nothing.

See post #541.

So Shaw isn't far better than Rose? Is that what you're saying?
And Rafael wasn't better than Walker?

And I also said that Pogba would have to compete for his place in Spurs midfield, which is true.
Can't see anything wrong with this logic to be fair. Bolt also has to compete for the 100m medals, he just wins every time.

See post #541.

You can't just write off the champions league as a "cup competition" as if it's completely sh!thouse standard. :lol:

When was the last time Dembele played in a champions league final, let alone being pivotal jn the team reaching it.

Thought not...

Spurs are a feeder club, always have been, always will be. You dont actually think you will win anything do you ?

Now now, they did at least flatter to be in a 2 horse race last year.

Before coming 3rd.

I presume he's some mate of a mod, briefed to get on the wind up to spice things up.

Your post is just a throwaway piece of nothing.

Just like every post you've ever made on here?

I really don't get what you're trying to prove. You're not going to convince anyone that Dembele would keep Pogba out of the Spurs team. You're not going to convince anyone of that on a Manchester United forum, a Chelsea forum, a Dagenham and Redbridge forum or a Blyth Spartan's one either. I'm not even at all convinced you'd even convince many Spurs fans of the fact. But, god knows what the delusional echo chambers of fan forums (yes, including this one, before you start) can convince themselves off.

Last edited:
Just like every post you've ever made on here?

I really don't get what you're trying to prove. You're not going to convince anyone that Dembele would keep Pogba out of the Spurs team. You're not going to convince anyone of that on a Manchester United forum, a Chelsea forum, a Dagenham and Redbridge forum or a Blyth Spartan's. I'm not at all convinced you'd even convince many Spurs fans of the fact. But, god knows what the delusional echo chambers of fan forums (yes, including this one, before you start) can convince themselves off.

Brilliant:lol:

Rafael was far better than Walker in the season MUFC fans claimed that.
Shaw is far better than Rose, ask any neutral in here.
Not too controversial to expect that with all the one season wonder strikers we've seen in the PL, he did come onto the scene fairly unexpected for most non Tottenham fans.
Not seen that mentioned. Schneiderlin was easily at Dier's level while at Southampton though.
Schwein was world class, injuries and age ruined him and most United fans quickly turned on him
Di Maria on song would have blown away the prem, it didn't work out for him due to LvG and him being a pussy.

And as far as Pogba vs your midfield options goes, there is a reason that not one neutral on here is even entertaining the thought that he would have problems displacing them. Also while you claim that he did it in a far worse league than the PL he did it in a far better team than Spurs, and this "glorified cup competition" you are talking about are actually CL, not some dodgy Italian league cup.

If Rafael was so great, how come he got dumped?

If Shaw is so much the superior wingback, how come he's yet to score even a single goal and has only 2 assists to his name in his career so far? This compares incredibly badly to Danny Rose's stats, a player who last season was an integral part of the Prem's joint best defence and voted the Prem's best LB by his fellow professionals.

If you don't agree that Serie A is an inferior league, then just say so, rather than calling it my "claim". And playing for a strong team like Juve makes it easier to play well, not more difficult.

PS. I did not call the CL "glorified".

Rafael got dumped since injuries took their toll on him, and he turned fairly mediocre. Most opposition supporters also had him down as one of the best, if not the best, RB in the league in the season he was on fire.

You like to pull age into the equation. Shaw is 21 returning from a double leg break, Rose is 26. Shaw is by far the superior talent and wingback, and I am fairly certain that you will also admit that to yourself when you get a bit of time to think about it. Rose like the rest of the Spurs squad pushed well above his weight last year, something that will become clear during this season. Before last season Rose wasn't even considered for any praise. I dare wager that Shaw will be recognized as a bit better than the current rose at age 26, injuries permitting of course.

You are the one saying that Pogba only has showcased his skill in a inferior league, that is why I am calling it your claim. Also staking down the claim as one of the first choices in Juventus midfield, especially at the age he did, is a bit above and beyond staking down a claim for the mighty Spurs. If Dembele is so shit hot, why didn't every big team try to get him this season? Why has he been overlooked for accolades, why hasn't he been in FIFA's team?

No you didn't. But you included it in your statement about Pogba only showing it in serie A and some cup competitions, that insinuates that he showed it in some rather lacklustre cups, which we hardly can claim that the CL is.

Feck this, you are a lunatic. I am off to watch a movie.