Dele Alli is England's best young midfielder playing in Turkey

Pogba would walk into most midfields in the world. He's on a completely different level than Alli.

Credit to Glaston though, he really is tireless. Great WUM.

What was Pogba doing in matches aged 19 that was so much better than Alli last season? And even that ignores the fact that Alli played both roles last season: box-to-box and AM.

Do you even know what you're saying? It's utter nonsense. I feel sorry for you really as you're becoming a figure of fun on here lately. You started off able to contribute some decent opposition fan opinion/discussion but now you're just laughable. The sad thing is the wind up doesn't even work anymore and even newbies are being promoted and picking apart some of the biased nonsense you spout.

Take some time out and knock it on the head. You're a better poster than what you've become.

OK, Pogba was a key player in a piss poor league. Whilst Dembele was a key player in a far superior league. Go figure - and wait before more than 2 games have elapsed before giving Pogba the old "world class" and "far better than Dembele" routine.
You're a fantastic WUM tbh. You have the entire forum on strings for some bizarre reason.

Pogba would walk into most midfields in the world. He's on a completely different level than Alli.

Credit to Glaston though, he really is tireless. Great WUM.
WUM? The scary bit is that he really believes what he says. Pete used to WUM from time to time, Glaston really believes this nonsense he spouts.

WUM? The scary bit is that he really believes what he says. Pete used to WUM from time to time, Glaston really believes this nonsense he spouts.

Hard to believe anyone can be that delusional. Im gonna chose to believe he's a great WUM.

Why do people even bother to argue with Glaston? He's not even entertaining, he's just worthless and boring.

According to Glaston's logic Herrera had better season than Dembele and Dier last season.

Then this simply underlines my point even more. Why don't you wait to see how Pogba actually fares in the Prem before proclaiming his brilliance?

Do we need to wait to see how Iniesta fares in the Prem before we can proclaim his brilliance, or is Alli better than him too?

Also internationally Alli has shown that he still lacks maturity at that level. Barkley should have played at the Euros. Alli was poor
I wouldnt put to much in to what happened in the euros. Almost every Spurs player underachieved/was out of form. Hodgson was useless. He was to stubborn and played with many players out of form and did changes way to late. Rashford should have played way more considering he was the player who was in the best form before the euros.

2754909_full-lnd.jpg

Which ones are Dembele and Alli?

ffs earthquake :lol:

Actually watched a full 90 mins of Spurs today. Alli displayed some very concerning elements in his game: noticeable lack of focus, worrying too much about winding up and being wound up. Poor decision making. A very immature young man, both in terms of his football, but also his personality. Was very disappointed watching him today.
Tbh mate this is my impression of him at the euros I thought he was shit, he manages to emerge from tackles with the ball and gets the crowd going but his actual passing is below average.
Watching the Liverpool game same thing, some nice dribbles but when you need to produce a finish or a pass he is found wanting.
Now he is young so obviously there is plenty time but if people want to bring pogba into it pogba has more strings to his bow he has an amazing long pass equally good at dribbling and a hell of a shot.

Where is the GK? And how is it an XI?
It's Lloris, he's obviously hiding on the picture like Alli and dembele.

Its Neuer and he couldn't be arsed to go to the ceremony I think.

So Rashford is better than Kane then. At least he's showing more potential, right?

Winner.

Rashford has also scored 1 goal in what 30 mins this season, Kane has 0 in 3 games therefore Rashford is in line for the throne whilst Kane is nothing more than a freud.

Am I doing this right?

Last edited:
Why do people think GS is wumming? Nearly every single Spurs fan I've encountered both in real life and online come out with numerous deluded things. Rare breed.

So Rashford is better than Kane then. At least he's showing more potential, right?

Yes, he's showing more potential than Kane did at the same age. The only caveat (in comparison to Alli) is that Alli has made many more starts for Spurs than Rashford has for United and is an established part of the first XI.

Do you even know what you're saying? It's utter nonsense. ....

I'm saying that Alli last season showed more potential than Pogba did at the same age. It's a simple enough statement with plenty of evidence to back it up, yet some posters insist on getting their knickers in a twist about it.

Just because some United fans think that Pogba is world class now (I don't, but that's a different subject) shouldn't mean that they can't acknowledge the truth of what I've said about Alli.

I'm saying that Alli last season showed more potential than Pogba did at the same age. It's a simple enough statement with plenty of evidence to back it up, yet some posters insist on getting their knickers in a twist about it.

Just because some United fans think that Pogba is world class now (I don't, but that's a different subject) shouldn't mean that they can't acknowledge the truth of what I've said about Alli.
No Glaston. Posters remember what you said about Pogba not getting into the Spurs side if he joined you this summer.
Pretending this is all about potential at 19 is ridiculous and simply not true.

Yes, he's showing more potential than Kane did at the same age. The only caveat (in comparison to Alli) is that Alli has made many more starts for Spurs than Rashford has for United and is an established part of the first XI.
How is that a caveat. Rashford has made more starts than Kane at the same age. Thus he is better.

No Glaston. Posters remember what you said about Pogba not getting into the Spurs side if he joined you this summer.
Pretending this is all about potential at 19 is ridiculous and simply not true.

Again, this is another strawman version of what I said. What I actually said is that Pogba would have to compete for a place in the Spurs CM, not that he couldn't succeed in doing so. In other words, he wouldn't just walk in and displace Dembele (Alli doesn't now play in Pogba's box-to-box role), who was our best CM last season and one of our best players overall.

And if anyone disputes this statement then I can only say that they couldn't have seen Dembele playing in many games last season. He was fantastic.

How is that a caveat. Rashford has made more starts than Kane at the same age. Thus he is better.

What are you arguing about. I've already said that Rashford is better than Kane was at the same age. What remains to be seen is whether he can become better than Kane has been over the last 2 seasons - which will be a very tough ask.

I actually agree with that. Alli last season did show much more potential than Pogba at the same age.

I actually agree with that. Alli last season did show much more potential than Pogba at the same age.

Doesn't really count for much though. Pogba has showed his potential from age 19 and for four years and counting now. Plenty of players with a great season or two that then fizzles away into mediocrity. Let Alli show it for a few years at the level Pogba has, then I'll be impressed.

Once upon a time 'ardman Wilshere was considered the next big thing in CM.

Doesn't really count for much though. Pogba has showed his potential from age 19 and for four years and counting now. Plenty of players with a great season or two that then fizzles away into mediocrity. Let Alli show it for a few years at the level Pogba has, then I'll be impressed.

Once upon a time 'ardman Wilshere was considered the next big thing in CM.

Yeah but just because Alli has had a bad start to the season is no reason to dismiss him, he showed great potential and could pick it up again. I hope he does, he's the kind of midfielder I like.

As Pogba's biggest fan that must've been hard for you to admit.

If Pogba puts in displays like he did against Saints I'll be eating humble pie, happily. I thought Pogba was poor yesterday, for the worlds most expensive player. Alli on the other hand was sensational last season, for a bargain buy from MK Dons. Very harsh criticism of Alli in this thread. And that's coming from me who has Alli in my fantasy team and is getting very frustrated with him.

What are you arguing about. I've already said that Rashford is better than Kane was at the same age. What remains to be seen is whether he can become better than Kane has been over the last 2 seasons - which will be a very tough ask.
Well same goes for Alli. He was better than Pogba when Pogba was 19. Though most see it next to impossible for him to be better than what Pogba is now.

If Pogba puts in displays like he did against Saints I'll be eating humble pie, happily. I thought Pogba was poor yesterday, for the worlds most expensive player. Alli on the other hand was sensational last season, for a bargain buy from MK Dons. Very harsh criticism of Alli in this thread. And that's coming from me who has Alli in my fantasy team and is getting very frustrated with him.
All players can have poor games, though I don't see how Pogba was poor yesterday.

Anyway, back on topic. Alli was a great buy for Spurs and he is a fairly talented player but he is not anywhere close to Pogba's level of potential. He has gone off the boil too from the end of last season. Yesterday he was very poor and he seems to have some attitude issues on the pitch.