Film Deadpool and Wolverine

I'm hesitating between comprehension problems, and dishonesty (due to fanboyism). I suspect you have the latter. It is much more prevalent on the internet.

Ye old Cafe diversionary tactics. Yeah, no.

As said and now pointed, youre not discussing the movie but instead taking shots at the poster. Fantastic!

As said and now pointed, youre not discussing the movie but instead taking shots at the poster. Fantastic!
Sorry, but I don't have the motivation to impress anyone here. I usually don't log in on redcafe, but I just fancied a few posts, just to see how the discussions were faring.

I'm hesitating between comprehension problems, and dishonesty (due to fanboyism). I suspect you have the latter. It is much more prevalent on the internet.

Is there a term for watching movies you don't like so that you can bitch about them on the internet?

Is there a term for watching movies you don't like so that you can bitch about them on the internet?
no no. He doesnt want to bitch about it, he just wanted to see how discussions were faring without really contributing... on a forum.

Haven’t watched this vid yet (just about to). Have no idea how it’s not been taken down, and it probably will be soon enough.

Curious to see how many of the Easter eggs etc I got.

Interesting and thanks for posting. Will check this out later

Sounds like it's fully gone up its own arse from what I've seen.

Im not sure what point youre making as opposed to mine. Every cameo had a purpose to the story that was playing out, bar maybe one.
Is this the

Cavill Wolverine?

Unbelievable film. Possibly the best Marvel film to date.
Absolutely loved it. It's fecking dumb and a whole lot of fun, exactly what I wanted. And whoever picked the soundtrack gets a pat on the back from me, I was bopping along with all of it. One of my favourite superhero films I reckon. I felt like a kid again watching this.

Absolutely loved it. It's fecking dumb and a whole lot of fun, exactly what I wanted. And whoever picked the soundtrack gets a pat on the back from me, I was bopping along with all of it. One of my favourite superhero films I reckon. I felt like a kid again watching this.
Steady! You're not allowed to like this!

Steady! You're not allowed to like this!
I don't care what anyone says. I'll even chuck this in my top 5 superhero films :lol:

If a movie makes me feel something, I'll give it all the kudos. This had me smiling from ear to ear throughout it's run time and by the time the choir was singing Like A Little Prayer, I was in tears of joy.

Oh and the opening credits scene... Take my money.

My type of film for sure!

Is this the

Cavill Wolverine?
Yeah. That was just for a 'oh look, thats cool' moment.

Forgot about that. I was thinking more

Human touch.
I still think this character played a role even if it was to allow the big bad to demonstrate the powers. And a good joke given DP marked out for the other character.

I don't care what anyone says. I'll even chuck this in my top 5 superhero films :lol:

If a movie makes me feel something, I'll give it all the kudos. This had me smiling from ear to ear throughout it's run time and by the time the choir was singing Like A Little Prayer, I was in tears of joy.

Oh and the opening credits scene... Take my money.

My type of film for sure!
Yep, it was a lot of fun. It might not be everybodys type of movie, but some of the arguments ive seen are weird given its everything its advertised to be (not even including the ones from those who have even admitted they havent seen the movie)

Yep, it was a lot of fun. It might not be everybodys type of movie, but some of the arguments ive seen are weird given its everything its advertised to be (not even including the ones from those who have even admitted they havent seen the movie)
I haven't read much in this thread but I assume some are taking it too serious.

The minute the opening credits song came on, I was all in and the movie would have had to work real hard to lose me from that point.

The soundtrack is nailed on.

The minute the opening credits song came on, I was all in and the movie would have had to work real hard to lose me from that point.
Feels that way but won't deny them if they don't like it. It's all good.

And yeah the soundtrack was great.

This got good reception, but like No Way Home I think it'll age like milk.
Saw it last night and I think this is an apt comparison. It’s a movie that heavily relies on nostalgia and it just about got away with it in real time but I know a re-watch will bring greatly diminishing returns.

I'm one of those who thinks it's gonna be shite because I loved Logan. But surprisingly, I enjoyed it very much

Very mild spoiler I guess but it's kind of mad that one of the big moments (from what I gather) is him putting his mask on, almost 25 years and I don't know how many films after he first started the role. It's like Batman going decades without the cowl until someone decided to do it in a crossover film.

I can't go any higher than a 7/10 for this.

It has a lot of funny moments but the plot is just swept under the carpet!

So it's effectively a farce movie and you have to view it as such rather than how you would most other Marvel films.

Some of the comedy timing was fantastic and it was a lot of fun but I also don't see the point of it within the MCU.

I can't go any higher than a 7/10 for this.

It has a lot of funny moments but the plot is just swept under the carpet!

So it's effectively a farce movie and you have to view it as such rather than how you would most other Marvel films.

Some of the comedy timing was fantastic and it was a lot of fun but I also don't see the point of it within the MCU.

Given the movie has been out for a week, im not gonna put things in spoilers.

Mostly a standalone movie but i think the main part was the way to intro DP into MCU (showed a glimpse / hint of him with Thor).
Not sure how much more Hugh Jackmans wolverine will play a part though (id assume maybe the avenger movies)
X23 has pretty much been brought across too now.

Think those were the main things needed in terms of MCU.

Mostly a standalone movie but i think the main part was the way to intro DP into MCU (showed a glimpse / hint of him with Thor).
Not sure how much more Hugh Jackmans wolverine will play a part though (id assume maybe the avenger movies)

Thing is, Deadpool's universe isn't the main universe with the Avengers is it? so what he's done to "save the world" won't be known about.

Surely something has to happen to condense all these timelines into one at some point, because it's confusing as feck.

Thing is, Deadpool's universe isn't the main universe with the Avengers is it? so what he's done to "save the world" won't be known about.

Surely something has to happen to condense all these timelines into one at some point, because it's confusing as feck.
That something would be to stop creating so many timelines that need to be brought together, so we don't have to talk about films largely as episodes in series.

Old man yelling at clouds, I know. But it's weird to me how this film is supposed to serve all kinds of larger purposes - while no-one actually seems to particularly care for those overarching narratives. Surely Marvel hamstrings its movies by needing them to weave so many threads together?

That something would be to stop creating so many timelines that need to be brought together, so we don't have to talk about films largely as episodes in series.

Old man yelling at clouds, I know. But it's weird to me how this film is supposed to serve all kinds of larger purposes - while no-one actually seems to particularly care for those overarching narratives. Surely Marvel hamstrings its movies by needing them to weave so many threads together?

I came out of Deadpool & Wolverine thinking it had done a fairly decent job drawing a line under (most of) the multiverse, different timeline stuff.

I also remarked that, having established that there are different timelines/universes, they could quite nicely have MCU projects that weren't part of the "sacred" (i.e. Avengers) timeline, and that were released as essentially standalone.

Having read that the Fantastic Four movie was going to be set a) in the 60s and b) in a different universe, I was hopeful that they were going in that direction. Then literally a day or two later they announced that RDJ was returning as Doctor Doom in the upcoming Avengers film and that the Fantastic Four would be appearing in at least the next two Avengers.

I think there is where the conflict happens.
if they had brought him straight away, it would have looked meh, but also people would have complained about there being too many narratives/ trying to do too much too soon. If they didnt, people are questioning what purpose it holds for the overall MCU story.

I think its one of those things we wait and see given the hint towards him and Thor. Of course, that might have just been a one off joke that never gets mentioned again.

I think there is where the conflict happens.
if they had brought him straight away, it would have looked meh, but also people would have complained about there being too many narratives/ trying to do too much too soon. If they didnt, people are questioning what purpose it holds for the overall MCU story.

I think its one of those things we wait and see given the hint towards him and Thor. Of course, that might have just been a one off joke that never gets mentioned again.
I guess that might be where someone like me got written out of the target audience. I actually saw most of the films up to Endgame, but I just can't care much for what happened after - and the few I did see left me feeling rather meh (even something highly praised like No Way Home). I could still be interested if a particular film is supposed to be particularly stand-out or otherwise appeals to me (if I can get access to it), but now I'm thinking I might miss a significant portion of the fun of a film like this Deadpool one, and it's just not worth my time.

I think the film made it obvious his own universe survived and they ended the movie back in that timeline, separate from 'the sacred timeline.'

This sounds shit. Will not watch. First one was decent, second one not great and even the most passionate defences of this movie make it sound fecking awful. Clearly one for Marvel megageeks only.

I feckin hate Marvel but this was very funny, if you like ridiculously over the top comic violence which I do.

Last edited:
I guess that might be where someone like me got written out of the target audience. I actually saw most of the films up to Endgame, but I just can't care much for what happened after - and the few I did see left me feeling rather meh (even something highly praised like No Way Home). I could still be interested if a particular film is supposed to be particularly stand-out or otherwise appeals to me (if I can get access to it), but now I'm thinking I might miss a significant portion of the fun of a film like this Deadpool one, and it's just not worth my time.
Thats fair enough. I think this one is good as a standalone but also a lot of the jokes plays back to previous movies (and not just MCU movies). Weve seen blade (trinity) referred to, daredevil movie, and of course xmen. Some of the jokes are better if youve seen the movies and get the references. And of course if you know some of the things going on outside (but thats a DP thing rather than a MCU thing cos its his character and has always been like that).

I think the film made it obvious his own universe survived and they ended the movie back in that timeline, separate from 'the sacred timeline.'
Yeah, im not disagreeing with that. The part that links to the MCU is that DP knows about the avengers, wanted to be part of them, and of course the Thor vision.

Thats fair enough. I think this one is good as a standalone but also a lot of the jokes plays back to previous movies (and not just MCU movies). Weve seen blade (trinity) referred to, daredevil movie, and of course xmen. Some of the jokes are better if youve seen the movies and get the references. And of course if you know some of the things going on outside (but thats a DP thing rather than a MCU thing cos its his character and has always been like that).
I do like the idea of Deadpool, so I'd probably want to see it. But I'm not going to cinema and don't have Disney+, so it's kinda of a moot point anyway I guess. :D

Was going to watch this but wondering what prior knowledge is needed.

I’ve seen both Deadpools but what Wolverine movies do I need to have seen?

Just Logan, really.

I've seen feck all Marvel movies in the past 10 years and enjoyed it. It's not really a huge barrier unless you want to watch more of the movies. I didn't personally, but others can answer that if so..

I’m confused about something.

Didn’t the meeting with Happy say it took place in the sacred timeline? So how did he then switch to his own timeline?