Film Deadpool and Wolverine

I’m confused about something.

Didn’t the meeting with Happy say it took place in the sacred timeline? So how did he then switch to his own timeline?

They basically took the post-credits gag from Deadpool 2 (where he universe hops) and made it canon by having him jump to the sacred timeline to try join the Avengers.

He presumably then went home again.

They basically took the post-credits gag from Deadpool 2 (where he universe hops) and made it canon by having him jump to the sacred timeline to try join the Avengers.

He presumably then went home again.

Oh I see! How did he know so much about that Earth’s Avengers?

As someone who had not watched a lot of the recent MCU movies and none of the Wolverine stuff, I got bored out of my mind in the first half. I couldn’t make any sense of the characters. The second half was kinda sorta fun. The background score/soundtrack was on point. Definitely deserves a lot of appreciation.

One thing that I noticed is how most of these movies are just a whole lot of CGI and how little the actors need to “act”. They probably need to “act” for less than 10 minutes in the whole movie.

Some of the one liners targeted at Fox and Disney were fun, tbh.

I thought this was a lot of fun and very enjoyable. Even without the cameos the story still works.
The cameos just enhanced the story.

And it was nice that they tied stuff to the ending of Logan without dismissing it completely, and then gave finishes to some of the other fox stuff.

Some of the other cameos were nicely done too. It was a lot of fun
I don’t think I’ve ever seen you post anything predominantly negative about any superhero movie - whether Marvel or DC! And I mean that in a positive way!

I watch Marvel films so I do know this is hypocritical but the trailers during the film. feck me. Cinema is in trouble. Wicked, Beetlejuice, Alien, Joker part two.

All looked awful.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen you post anything predominantly negative about any superhero movie - whether Marvel or DC! And I mean that in a positive way!
Fair enough. Thankfully you havent seen my posts on the black widow movie, or a lot of the snyder stuff :lol:

I am a comic book geek and am really just appreciating seeing most of this stuff become live action. So I will admit, it takes a lot to annoy me on this genre because its pulled from the world of comics. I think some critics look for more than it should be. I think there are two ends where some praise it to sometimes push an agenda, and likewise some hate it before seeing it, again to push an agenda. I dont take notice to it and just judge on what i like :)

Oh I see! How did he know so much about that Earth’s Avengers?
Same way he knows so much about fox, disney, and all thats associated behind the scenes and in other movies (or that cable was played by the same guy as Thanos), etc, etc.

Fair enough. Thankfully you havent seen my posts on the black widow movie, or a lot of the snyder stuff :lol:

I am a comic book geek and am really just appreciating seeing most of this stuff become live action. So I will admit, it takes a lot to annoy me on this genre because its pulled from the world of comics. I think some critics look for more than it should be. I think there are two ends where some praise it to sometimes push an agenda, and likewise some hate it before seeing it, again to push an agenda. I dont take notice to it and just judge on what i like :)
Yep, I'm sort of in the same boat as you - but not a hardcore comic book fan by any metric. Just generally loved the superheroes growing up (Superman still my favorite even though some find him boring) and love movies/tv series, generally speaking.

I do agree with the agenda pushing narrative at times.

Admittedly, I've caught proper fatigue since Endgame, but partly is down to either a ton of crap being produced and me not having too much connection with some of the new stuff/heroes they've introduced - but I still watch most of them and Deadpool/Wolverine is definitely another one i will be watching - and I m 99 9% sure, enjoy it for what it is (hopefully) - good entertainment

I watch Marvel films so I do know this is hypocritical but the trailers during the film. feck me. Cinema is in trouble. Wicked, Beetlejuice, Alien, Joker part two.

All looked awful.
Oh its really grim. Bottom of the barrel stuff. Endless remakes and sequels that are pointless.

The new Alien film looks dreadful.

All looked awful.

I had Wicked (which my wife wants to see), Gladiator 2 (which looks shit), Beetlejuice 2 (which looks meh), Alien Romulus (which looks really shit and also seemed to give half the plot away in the trailer), and Venom 3 (which looked shit but at least daft and entertaining).

Nothing was original. It was all sequels, prequels and adaptations.

Last edited:
Didn’t the meeting with Happy say it took place in the sacred timeline? So how did he then switch to his own timeline?

At the end of Deadpool 2 he has the device that Cable used to jump through timelines. It's how he is able to go to to Wolverine's Origins timeline and kill that version of Deadpool too.

I actually think it looks pretty good.
My worry is that it’s going to be a standard slasher horror movie with Alien branding slapped on top and then recreated moments from the past to fill in any gaps.

Hopefully I’m wrong as I will be seeing it in the cinema.

All looked awful.
I thought this was very interesting.

I had wicked, Beetlejuice, the crow and alien.

Not a single original IP there.

Also gladiator 2 and maybe venom 3.

I forgot about The Crow when I went.

Looked really bland.

Yeah I forgot about the others. All similar tone, all similar formats (the Beetlejuice children’s choir had me rolling my eyes).

I’ve enjoyed marvel films as they were and have been the best at what they do but what they do ain’t pretty.

i watched it as i had a couple of hours to kill whilst getting a car serviced. it was an adequate use of that time as opposed to sitting in a dealership. it’s pretty lowest common denominator shite though. i could write it. and better.

It wasn't terrible, it was entertaining but I don't think I laughed once throughout. I'm generally a Deadpool mega fan, I love the first two films, and I own probably 90% of Deadpool comics, but this felt like a bit of a miss. An easy gateway for DP into the MCU, instead of focusing on what makes the character fun and unique.

The best DP comic team ups have been with Cable, continuing that felt like a tap-in. Going with the multiverse storylines instead was a bit trite IMO.

Why did they replace the awesome Juggernaut from DP2 with a shit one?

The PR for this has been absurd. And Reynolds isn’t nearly as funny and charismatic as he thinks is. Hopefully the movie is a tad better.

It wasn't terrible, it was entertaining but I don't think I laughed once throughout. I'm generally a Deadpool mega fan, I love the first two films, and I own probably 90% of Deadpool comics, but this felt like a bit of a miss. An easy gateway for DP into the MCU, instead of focusing on what makes the character fun and unique.

The best DP comic team ups have been with Cable, continuing that felt like a tap-in. Going with the multiverse storylines instead was a bit trite IMO.

Why did they replace the awesome Juggernaut from DP2 with a shit one?

It was supposed to be the Vinnie Jones juggernaut from X-Men 3, no?

Just watched longlegs and the trailers were the crow, trap, alien and probably about 3 more that I cant remember. The 3 more were original films but totally forgettable at this point.

I just watched it and thought it was great. Very funny and entertaining.

All looked awful.

That's what the people who moan about Marvel don't get. If Marvel falls apart, the competition won't get better.

That's what the people who moan about Marvel don't get. If Marvel falls apart, the competition won't get better.
Do agree with this and have made this point previously. You take out that marvel cash injection and it's bleak for cinemas.

Cineworld are already in administration and closing down venues.

Same people like will happily subscribe to Netflix, ironically.

Which is still very desperate. There are dozens of good movies with plot that doesn't really matter, across different genres. He's just bitter for the sake of being bitter.
Mockney is allowed to think a film is a bit shit for reasons he stated without pearl clutching occurring.

Given the second one was fairly free of meaningful plot (and a meh film with a few funny bids) he probably has a point, especially for viewers like me who otherwise largely hate superheros and superhero movies. I was disappointed when after enjoying the first one I found out the other characters were X-Men related.

All looked awful.

Talking about cinema being in trouble when the subject is Deadpool. Come on mate. This is superhero self deprecating bullshit. I thought it was hilarious but the trailers are going to play to a certain demographic aren't they?

Half a billion in a week or so is pretty good for an R rated comic book movie. This has been a big success especially if it continues.

Do agree with this and have made this point previously. You take out that marvel cash injection and it's bleak for cinemas.

Yeah the cineworld thing is annoying. There are plans for more closures too, and I love going there with the unlimited card. The next closest is Odeon which is around 30-45 minutes away.

It was supposed to be the Vinnie Jones juggernaut from X-Men 3, no?

Yes. Jones was asked but didn't want to do it apparently.

So yeah anyway I saw this in the cinema on Wednesday night and it was rammed with practically no aircon so it was a struggle to get through in all honesty. I kind of liked it but it kind of got a bit samey about half way through which probably wasn't helped by the aforementioned aircon situation. I can see why people would hate it for sure. Best thing about it were the cameos which were all pretty memorable. I guess the hit it's been at the box office means we'll be getting another one as well.

Very blinkered way to look at it. You could say that Marvel contributed to the current landscape where franchises, sequels and reboots are massively prioritised over original creations - they're not saving the market, they for a large part created the bleak market as it is. The fact a film like Deadpool works so well, considering how much "minimal effort" it is to create such a thing, is the worrying part.

Mockney is allowed to think a film is a bit shit for reasons he stated without pearl clutching occurring.

Given the second one was fairly free of meaningful plot (and a meh film with a few funny bids) he probably has a point, especially for viewers like me who otherwise largely hate superheros and superhero movies. I was disappointed when after enjoying the first one I found out the other characters were X-Men related.
This is mental to me. Why would you be disappointed in something because you enjoyed it? If you liked the film, why be annoyed because the characters were in other films?

Half a billion in a week or so is pretty good for an R rated comic book movie. This has been a big success especially if it continues.

Yeah the cineworld thing is annoying. There are plans for more closures too, and I love going there with the unlimited card. The next closest is Odeon which is around 30-45 minutes away.
You know what, I too love a cineworld. Except their popcorn. Nowhere near sweet enough.

Ive recently moved though, and my closest cinema is an odeon. They're limitless has gone down from when I use to have it, to 15 quid. Very tempting.

This is mental to me. Why would you be disappointed in something because you enjoyed it? If you liked the film, why be annoyed because the characters were in other films?
Because I have grown to hate superhero shit.

Very blinkered way to look at it. You could say that Marvel contributed to the current landscape where franchises, sequels and reboots are massively prioritised over original creations - they're not saving the market, they for a large part created the bleak market as it is. The fact a film like Deadpool works so well, considering how much "minimal effort" it is to create such a thing, is the worrying part.
Franchises have always existed and made money. The difference between now and then is the rise of subscription-based platforms, where you literally don't need to go the cinema anymore to watch the latest releases. Before it would be months before you could watch a film at home so you had to go to the cinema if you didn't want to wait.

People will sit on here and complain about the selection of films at the cinema and say they're all the same, but when there is something different and original it's crickets and I'll catch it when it drops on Netflix. So it's no wonder cinemas have found themselves in a bubble where they have priorities big blockbuster franchise to keep the doors open.
Cut off your nose to spite your face kinda hate?

Deadpool has basically always been X-Men adjacent. He's also a Marvel character.

What exactly were you expecting if not "superhero shit"?

Also, how exactly did you miss that the other characters in the first one were X-Men until after watching the film? It's made explicit from pretty much the first time Colossus and Negasonic appear that they're X-Men.

Last edited:
Yup, they didn't create the modern franchise/IP obsession but hard to argue they didn't supercharge it. It's beyond superheroes or sequels really (Spiderman 2 is still a great film!), it's the weird situation now where Ant Man 3 is a $300m~ film designed purely to set up a villain for a later tentpole, except that later film has now been scrapped and replaced with one about a villain who will now be played by the person who played the main hero in about ten other films in the series, for reasons that may not be wholly artistic. You used to get mid-budget films with room to breathe and build an audience, I'm not sure that's possible to the same extent these days when the huge budget films with marketing budgets to match are always turning up demanding a vast majority of screens and showtimes, all the while shouting "look at us saving cinemas!". It's not an environment particularly conducive to new ideas.