De Ligt | €45+5m agreement reached pending medical | Signed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mazraoui played in Bayern's previous friendlies so should definitely be fine. I'm guessing de Ligt is in a similar situation to Zirkzee and while not having played a match, will have been training for over a week. If everything gets sorted for Monday he might get some minutes in a behind closed doors friendly before we play Fulham. Tough to say as our match is on Friday but we do tend to have behind closed doors matches at the end of pre-season for those who didn't get enough minutes for whatever reason.

We just saw Martinez play 90 minutes so I think even without a behind closed doors friendly, de Ligt should be fine for Friday.

Nice. Sounds promising. Mazraoui especially as we don’t know if shaw will be fit

Can someone please explain to me why De Ligt wasn't in the starting XI for Holland in the Euros?

People are entitled to think it isn’t a good signing. I don’t like this obligation that we have to believe every signing will work. By recent history our signings are more likely to fail than not. And we need to scrutinise them more because they’ve been so bad
There’s a huge difference between thinking a signing being fantastic and “terrible”… and I’ll continue to say so.

But if a handful of posters want to continually post negative stuff, hope it makes them happy

People are entitled to think it isn’t a good signing. I don’t like this obligation that we have to believe every signing will work. By recent history our signings are more likely to fail than not. And we need to scrutinise them more because they’ve been so bad
Don't have to scrutinise anything - what we think has little baring on the people who make decisions.

Mazraoui played in Bayern's previous friendlies so should definitely be fine. I'm guessing de Ligt is in a similar situation to Zirkzee and while not having played a match, will have been training for over a week. If everything gets sorted for Monday he might get some minutes in a behind closed doors friendly before we play Fulham. Tough to say as our match is on Friday but we do tend to have behind closed doors matches at the end of pre-season for those who didn't get enough minutes for whatever reason.

We just saw Martinez play 90 minutes so I think even without a behind closed doors friendly, de Ligt should be fine for Friday.
De Ligt was not on the Korea tour with us. He started his medicals together with Coman last Friday and is in team training since the team came back from the tour on Tuesday.
Mazraoui started preaseason training on July 15th from the beginning as he did not have a tournament. He played in all matches - just not today.

De Ligt was not on the Korea tour with us. He started his medicals together with Coman last Friday and is in team training since the team came back from the tour on Tuesday.
Mazraoui started preaseason training on July 15th from the beginning as he did not have a tournament. He played in all matches - just not today.
I forgot the Bundesliga starts a week later than the Premier League does. Zirkzee returned to training here on the 29th, so a bit earlier than de Ligt did for you.

Don't have to scrutinise anything - what we think has little baring on the people who make decisions.
Yeah but that works the same the other way.

I remember the bedlam when we were signing Pogba back from Juventus for example. If someone had said they weren’t in favour of the signing they’d have been ripped apart but would have been justified ultimately.

I’ve no problem with people criticising signings or having differing opinions on things. It’s up to United and the players to prove them right or wrong

Is he the player he lookedlike he would beome at Ajax, no....But he is an excellent, experienced, solid centreback....who maybe third choice and is a mile better than the other squad options we have had. We are paying £38m odd and he is still young....that is less than West Hamhave paid for Max Kilman who is three years older.

I wouldnt class £38m as a bargain, but its a very good deal for a very good defender, pole criticising this deal is strange to me

Koeman has his favourites. See: Frimpong hardly playing despite his performances for Leverkusen.
Usually how it goes at international level and it's why it's silly to rate players based on if they start for their country or not. A good example is Michael Carrick hardly getting a look in for England.

Is he the player he lookedlike he would beome at Ajax, no....But he is an excellent, experienced, solid centreback....who maybe third choice and is a mile better than the other squad options we have had. We are paying £38m odd and he is still young....that is less than West Hamhave paid for Max Kilman who is three years older.

I would class £38m as a bargain, but its a very good deal for a very good defender, pole criticising this deal is strange to me
I don’t think he is 3rd choice. I think he starts even if anyone else is fit. I think Licha might need be to be rested too from time to time. So when Yoro plays and Licha rests it will be De Ligt who plays next to Yoro.

Don't worry. The same Kicker reported only two days ago that everything was fix and just waiting on De Ligt transfer.

And in any case, we want to get rid of De Ligt no matter what as we don't rate him for the money he earns and we simply don't think he makes our team better in a any meaningful way. Leverkusen demanding too much for Tah won't change that one bit.
I’m guessing you were not one of the 60,000 fans petitioning to keep him them? Btw, I’m not a massive fan of him either.

Nah I think i'd rather be optimistic and give the new signings time before I get negative about them.

Nah I think i'd rather be optimistic and give the new signings time before I get negative about them.
That’s obvious. I’ll be optimistic about a signing even if everything tells me it’s a bad signing. But not everyone is going to agree it’s a good signing. And it’s annoying how people get pissed over for holding an opinion on the new signing which isn’t what people want to hear

I remember when I thought De Ligt could reach the lever of Maldini. That will never happen. But he is still young in terms of being a centre-back, so he can still develop quite a bit. I am happy with the purchase of him, and there could be good competition for the central defensive positions now - if they can stay injury-free.

Is there any news on the wages we’ve offered him?
Just give it 24 hours for Sky to blow it out of proportion and say we are paying him £325k a week. For what’s it’s worth think he was earning around €250-300k a week and has agreed to take a pay cut to come here. So hopefully between €200-225k?

I wouldnt class £38m as a bargain, but its a very good deal for a very good defender, pole criticising this deal is strange to me

No chance is a fit De Ligt 3rd choice to be fair. Yoro will rightfully start off as the 3rd CB, he’s an 18 year old, and whilst a super talent, he shouldn’t be expected to be a guaranteed starter. We’ll have injuries as always and each of the 3 main CBs will likely start 40 games this season.

No chance is a fit De Ligt 3rd choice to be fair. Yoro will rightfully start off as the 3rd CB, he’s an 18 year old, and whilst a super talent, he shouldn’t be expected to be a guaranteed starter. We’ll have injuries as always and each of the 3 main CBs will likely start 40 games this season.

Could do 3 at the back in games too

Just give it 24 hours for Sky to blow it out of proportion and say we are paying him £325k a week. For what’s it’s worth think he was earning around €250-300k a week and has agreed to take a pay cut to come here. So hopefully between €200-225k?
Hopefully you’re right on the wages.. that’s why I’m really curious because I’m hoping he’s not being paid anywhere close to 250k or higher.. he still has to prove his injury worries were temporary and he’s back to being consistent..
We definitely took a big risk on him..

I don’t think he is 3rd choice. I think he starts even if anyone else is fit. I think Licha might need be to be rested too from time to time. So when Yoro plays and Licha rests it will be De Ligt who plays next to Yoro.
Well yes injuries can play a major part, I think its him or Yoro alongside Martinez but either way what a change to havethose options....the years of Lindelof being main back up and veryoften a starter went on for far too many years and Maguire too.

Whether they fail or not, little doubt the ability and celing is far higer now

Hopefully you’re right on the wages.. that’s why I’m really curious because I’m hoping he’s not being paid anywhere close to 250k or higher.. he still has to prove his injury worries were temporary and he’s back to being consistent..
We definitely took a big risk on him..
Reported as taking a paycut to join us.

Smashing price. What a deal. I'm so glad we didn't start offering 70m and up like we would do in the past

Yoro and De Ligt initial outlays have cost just £15m more than Everton wanted for Branthwaite.

Excited about this.

Apart from the injury concerns, think he might have that fire in his belly to prove the doubters wrong. Expectations will be high, hope he proves the doubters wrong..

I completely missed that until now. I hate it when real life distracts me from muppeting.

Anyway: Choo, choo, get in!! Next stop of the Muppet-train: Ugarte! (or whistlestop: Mazraoui)

Apparently we are paying around 170K/pw for De Ligt, and around 90K/pw for Mazraoui. Decent imo.

I agree. Surely with ETH as the manager, de Ligt will be the first option as right centre back.

Wouldnt even be suprised if de Ligt becomes the captain in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.