De Gea - Fiorentina watch

Happy for him, I liked the save he pushed onto the bar

Didn't watch the game but seems like he had few really good saves during the game and then saved 1 penalty in shootouts. Not sure if he ever saved a penalty for us during shootouts? Anyway, well done to David, nice start to his career there.

De Gea at Fiorentina, Smalling at Roma, Sanchez at Udinese, Darmian and Mkhitaryan at Inter, McTominay and Lukaku at Napoli... United 17/18 vibes. Also Forson at Monza and Varane at Como. So many ex-United players currently in Serie A.

Always a red. Definitely one of my beloved United icons. Always treated the club and fans with utmost respect.

Glad to see him playing and wish him all the best

That was a top class save.

We do need a Gk capable of top class saves.

Watched highlights from the game and I'm guessing he was MOTM, made some good saves and somehow saved a penalty. Well done Dave

Onana is better than dave with his feet but i think when the ball is in his hands Dave is quick to release and try start a counter. Onana does this thing where he holds it for a while.

Onana is better than dave with his feet but i think when the ball is in his hands Dave is quick to release and try start a counter. Onana does this thing where he holds it for a while.
It's a feature, not a bug.

You'll have people saying he should have smothered the cross
Ha .. probably if he's still with us. But haven't seen it in here.

We have one.

Also, that save was nothing special. Was expecting much more after reading your post. The header was straight at him.
Many people agreed that it was a top save. It's subjective..

Glad he had a great game. Terraciano was good last season and did quite well in his 2 league games so far, so De Gea does have very good competition for the GK spot... But if hes playing decently surely he'll start, else why would they offer him such high wages. Goalkeeper should be Fiorentina's strong point.

Also they signed Gudmundsson so they should get some goals going forward. I didnt think they'd do much with Gonzalez going to Juventus, but that signing should make up for it

League debut not going well. Conceded 3 in the first half.

GXhf097XEAEtBfY

League debut not going well. Conceded 3 in the first half.

GXhf097XEAEtBfY
They were well taken goals that you probably wouldn't fault the keeper for. One you might wonder if he should have come for the cross but it's not like any of his team mates went for it either.

He also made a series of saves in the second half that kept them in the game.