Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Telegraph, Times and Ogden reporting this.

Yeah, you came out to be a bit of a chump here. Unless Hirst, Kajumba and Ogden are all clueless of course.

You sounds so bitter yesterday that you needed to post this.

First of all, you can't talk non-sense on me mate. You really think by throwing Hirst & Kajumba randomly will be able to trick me? None of the article was written by them but actually by someone called Ian Whittell. You just got click-baited by nobody now. :lol:

Second, don't you realise whether we sign Dayot or no it's win to win situation for me in your argument :drool: So I suggest you better stop embarrassing yourself.

I lmagine Laird would displace Williams in that list, but I think Ole fancies Williams to be a John O Shea player who can also cover midfield.

I think Mengi can be added to those centre backs too. I don’t know who Regulon is though. Also Mctominay can cover for when the inevitable injury crisis kicks in.
Ye if we are talking 5 year plan and we look at potential Laird and Mengi are going to be in the mix. Not sure what I think about Williams to be honest.

Considering Leipzig's approach to the rumours on social media;

and more, i'd be very surprised if this happened this window, i would absolutely love to be proven wrong, as he is the CB i'd go for if we can get someone in, I just don't see it happening because of this contract issue, but I think the only chance we can even land him is this season if we can SOMEHOW convince Leipzig to sell. Next season because of the clause, every top team in the world will be after him.

Why is it when we get linked to players, the clubs get super defensive and offended about it?

Dortmund are the same, trying to mock and parody United.

Literally nobody from the club has said anything. We're not Real Madrid, trying to publicly unsettle players. United have been very respectful.

If what is being said is true then he's not the CB Ole would want. Ole wants a left footed CB. Upamecano is right footed.

I've watched them a bit and he tends to play on the left side more often than not. He's definitely right footed but I don't know if it matters in his case as he defends well enough on the left and seems equally comfortable on both sides.

:lol: @VP89 I think they read your post in here.

You sounds so bitter yesterday that you needed to post this.

First of all, you can't talk non-sense on me mate. You really think by throwing Hirst & Kajumba randomly will be able to trick me? None of the article was written by them but actually by someone called Ian Whittell. You just got click-baited by nobody now. :lol:

Second, don't you realise whether we sign Dayot or no it's win to win situation for me in your argument :drool: So I suggest you better stop embarrassing yourself.

You seriously need to learn how to read posts. I never once suggested we will be successful in getting him. I questioned you ignorantly brushing Ogden off as clueless, as though we hadn't approached Leipzig for the player. Their own tweet coupled with the fact that multiple credible journalists are now reporting that we are making an approach of the player proves that Ogden was not in fact clueless, and you were. You were made to look like a mug - clickbait articles are those with no basis. Their reply and the fact that this is reported independently by multiple credible outlets shows that there is genuine interest.

Why is it when we get linked to players, the clubs get super defensive and offended about it?

Literally nobody from the club has said anything. We're not Real Madrid, trying to publicly unsettle players. United have been very respectful.

Have you seen our fans on the cesspit that is social media? The club has obviously been respectful but most of our (or indeed most other teams') online 'fanbase' are an embarrassment to the club.

You seriously need to learn how to read posts. I never once suggested we will be successful in getting him. I questioned you ignorantly brushing Ogden off as clueless, as though we hadn't approached Leipzig for the player. Their own tweet coupled with the fact that multiple credible journalists are now reporting that we are making an approach of the player proves that Ogden was not in fact clueless, and you were. You were made to look like a mug - clickbait articles are those with no basis. Their reply and the fact that this is reported independently by multiple credible outlets shows that there is genuine interest.

I never say you suggested we will be successful in getting him. So I don't know where this is coming from.

What multiple credible journalist? :lol:

Hirst & Kajumba haven't post anything about it. Twitters have deleted the initial tweet (which mentioned Hirst) and changed it now to Ian Whittell. Wake up & go read the tweets again! Stop embarrassing yourself!! Who's the mug now? :lol:

I read that it was 60m, but a new one of 42m kicks in like next summer? So we'll probably have to pay somewhere in the middle?
Shouldn't be an issue even at 60m. Considering we will pay a certain amount upfront and then spread the rest over a period of time.
So, after this guy, we go for the right wing spot.
Anybody know the payment plan for VdB? Full payment or staggered?

It'll be good fun to sign him even if it's only to troll whoever is operating the RB Leipzig English Twitter account. :lol:

He tweets what the club tells him to. Upamecano is their new star player, of course they'll use the supposed interset in him to tell the world he's *their lemonade drinking* player. Red Bull is all about marketing buzz, and that's exactly what you see here.

I never say you suggested we will be successful in getting him. So I don't know where this is coming from.

Hirst & Kajumba haven't post anything about it. Twitters have deleted the initial tweet (which mentioned Hirst) and changed it now to Ian Whittell. Wake up & go read the tweets again! Stop embarrassing yourself!! Who's the mug now? :lol:
Still you by the looks of it.

Have you seen our fans on the cesspit that is social media? The club has obviously been respectful but most of our (or indeed most other teams') online 'fanbase' are an embarrassment to the club.
Every fanbase has the same over eager fans. You dont see many other clubs act the big bullocks over it.

You posted the Red Bull Leipzig twitter reply as though it was something to record in your favour, when it clearly shows interest must be genuine if they're pushed to say this.

Whittell isn't a knock off journalist. Times have put their name on it so it gives credibility, and as for Kajumba:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Upamecano-partner-Harry-Maguire-defence.html

So yeah, as I was saying, you were made to look a bit like a mug prematurely wiping out Ogden's report that we were making an approach.

It was reported that his release clause was €60m before he extended with RBL. So I think an offer close to the previous release clause could tempt RBL into selling rather than see him leave for the reported €42m next season.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. And for him, if we still keep up the Sancho chase, having just signed VDB, it would be quite enticing coming here to be first choice rather than spend another season at RBL.

Can’t see us paying £50m now when he’s so young and available for less next summer.

Investment, risk and... one extra year of services. What do you think happens if he has a good year and a lower price next season? He’ll go to one of the elite (performing) clubs in Europe, right now we are not part of that group - the competition now is lesser for him. Clubs are strapped for cash, perhaps they are not next seaosn. Furthermore; what happens to his wage demands and signing on fees and what not if next season is a great one? If we want him, we pay 10M extra tomorrow and put him in the squad.

Missing out on him because we are unsure about whether he is ready to slot in would speak volumes of how incapable our board & scouts are.

You posted the Red Bull Leipzig twitter reply as though it was something to record in your favour, when it clearly shows interest must be genuine if they're pushed to say this.

Whittell isn't a knock off journalist. Times have put their name on it so it gives credibility, and as for Kajumba:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Upamecano-partner-Harry-Maguire-defence.html

So yeah, as I was saying, you were made to look a bit like a mug prematurely wiping out Ogden's report that we were making an approach.

Kajumba literary said the same thing as what I said :lol:

I'm well aware of that which is why I said he's clueless because if a player has committed a future with the club for another year then he's not leaving this year. Simple, not rocket science

Any deal in this situation can only be done with massive transfer fees that is way beyond his 60m euro which was the previous release clause.

While Ogden literary said nothing about United needed to pay a hefty transfer in order to land Dayot this year.

Investment, risk and... one extra year of services. What do you think happens if he has a good year and a lower price next season? He’ll go to one of the elite (performing) clubs in Europe, right now we are not part of that group - the competition now is lesser for him. Clubs are strapped for cash, perhaps they are not next seaosn. Furthermore; what happens to his wage demands and signing on fees and what not if next season is a great one? If we want him, we pay 10M extra tomorrow and put him in the squad.
Well you’re right my point is the board won’t think like that. Maybe they will who knows let’s see.

Considering Leipzig's approach to the rumours on social media;

and more, i'd be very surprised if this happened this window, i would absolutely love to be proven wrong, as he is the CB i'd go for if we can get someone in, I just don't see it happening because of this contract issue, but I think the only chance we can even land him is this season if we can SOMEHOW convince Leipzig to sell. Next season because of the clause, every top team in the world will be after him.

I doubt the RB directors are coordinating with the social media team on this, that's just the social media guy doing his job

That said, I don't see it happening either - but you never know

This is a no brainer. 21 year old that has everything to be a top CB for the next decade for 60 mill. With the shortage of CB's and the number of clubs wanting to buy one we should do everything we can to get him. However I dont think the story is true or else he wouldnt have signed a new contract and also the likes of Chelsea would have made an offer by now. Next year we wont get him because another big club will and if there is another CB that turns out to be class over the next year then I doubt they will be any cheaper than what we would pay for him now. Why wouldnt they want Smalling or Rojo as part exchange? I think they would be good signings for Leipzig. Or even the likes of Periera or Lingard.
Anyway not gonna happen

Kajumba literary said the same thing as what I said :lol:

While Ogden literary said nothing about United needed to pay a hefty transfer in order to land Dayot this year.
You said, in ruling out Ogden, " it also means that the player decided to commit his future for another year with RB Leipzig for another year."

And the point I was making was that the bit in bold is not always the case. Upamecano has signed a new deal but that doesn't mean he's committed and off the market completely, i.e. if a good offer came in, Leipzig would still consider it. Besides, Ogden never said United can bring him in for 40m now. He just said they want him now, and his clause of 40m kicks in next year.

You ruled him out as clueless, before Kajumba (+ The Times) confirmed interest and just added we'd have to pay more than the release clause (well duh, this isn't something Ogden ruled out. He just said there is interest despite the new contract being side).

If there is some possibility of this happening then we have to act upon it, this guy could be a mainstay in our defence for the next 10 years and has it all to be to be the best defender in the world after van dijk.

He isn't so dominant and I feel he is a bit short for a CB (the two most dominating CBs in the air, Maguire and VVD are both taller) but unlike Bailly he actually knows how to head a ball. Eric jumps in a duel and ducks his head which is laughable.
Yes that’s probably true. When I wrote he isn’t dominant in the air, I meant it looks like it’s not a big part of his game, if you know what I mean?

Although we should be doing everything to get Sancho, if we did get Upamecano that would be entering into dreamland transfer window.

Having watched him a number of times, this kid is absolutely quality. I genuinely believe by the age of 24-25, he has the potential to be the best defender in the world. The kid has virtually everything for a defender.

He reminds me very much of a young Marcel Desailly. Huge presence, pace, power, great recovery. And then his ability on the ball stepping out from the back and just striding past players like they don’t exist.

Of course he’s young and potential needs to be fulfilled. But it honestly wouldn’t surprise me to see him in a european cup winning team very soon and to be a captain of the team.

You said, in ruling out Ogden, " it also means that the player decided to commit his future for another year with RB Leipzig for another year."

And the point I was making was that the bit in bold is not always the case. Upamecano has signed a new deal but that doesn't mean he's committed and off the market completely, i.e. if a good offer came in, Leipzig would still consider it. Besides, Ogden never said United can bring him in for 40m now. He just said they want him now, and his clause of 40m kicks in next year.

You ruled him out as clueless, before Kajumba confirmed interest and just added we'd have to pay more than the release clause (well duh, this isn't something Ogden ruled out. He just said there is interest despite the new contract being side).

I'm well aware of that which is why I said he's clueless because if a player has committed a future with the club for another year then he's not leaving this year. Simple, not rocket science

Any deal in this situation can only be done with massive transfer fees that is way beyond his 60m euro which was the previous release clause.

This post of mine above was posted yesterday before Kajumba's article. Kajumba literary said the same thing about it. Not my fault if you missed the point & didn't read the 2nd sentence. And not the first time you did it in our discussion.

If we can't agree on Sancho, we could use this time to build the squad.
Get VDB, Thiago, Reguillion and Upemecano and then take a look at Sancho in January or next summer.

I am sure we will be in a very good place if we did those deals.

I just get this feeling that United are about to go on a madness in the transfer market.

If we pulled off Upamecano, Sancho along with Van de Beek. Then this forum will be in raptures.

There's something going on regarding Upamecano it seems with multiple reliable outlets/journos backing the original report from Mark Ogden.
I’m getting that feeling too. That Utd have suddenly woken up and realised the competition around them is fierce with rivals strengthening.

I feel a transfer rampage coming on. If we somehow managed to get Upamecano and Sancho as well, then they might as well engrave our name on the 3 trophies for the treble. I’ll need some new boxers too.

If we can't agree on Sancho, we could use this time to build the squad.
Get VDB, Thiago, Reguillion and Upemecano and then take a look at Sancho in January or next summer.

I am sure we will be in a very good place if we did those deals.
Agree, would make the squad very strong IMO. Also could hint at a 4-4-2 or 4-2-2-2 formation with attacking FB and multiple midfielders.

This post of mine above was posted yesterday before Kajumba's article. Kajumba literary said the same thing about it. Not my fault if you missed the point & didn't read the 2nd sentence. And not the first time you did it in our discussion.
You said "I said he's clueless because if a player has committed a future with the club for another year then he's not leaving this year. Simple, not rocket science"

That is literally not what Kajumba said :lol:
" Sources say United will have to make Leipzig an offer that is too good to refuse to secure Upamecano".

In other words, the player is attainable. It will likely take a better offer than the release clause (duh), but it does not mean he's completely off the table. Your entire basis for ruling Ogden out was that the player is completely unattainable this window. You said "hes not leaving this year" yourself. So yeah, a pile of wank of a post to prematurely rule out Ogden's article stating genuine interest (Which Kajumba agrees with). You have no legs to stand on, just move on.

Why don't we have a social media team who is responding and making light of all the nonsense that gets said about us, pundits and other clubs shouldn't get such a free ride.

He is good, but I am worried about his knee issues.
Yeah knowing us he’ll probably get injured at Leipzig this season. We'll sign him for his release fee before he's even returned to the pitch and then we'll have a crock not starting a game until December 2021 where he gets injured again ruling him out until summer 2022.

I do think he's been injury free for a year now though so.....

We should get him now before he gets injured again then

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.