Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would the answer to us finally being able to play a high defensive line. Maguire and Upa would be absolutely dominant on the front foot which would allow our forwards and midfield to press high without worry.

Just like Bayern, having somebody rapid (Davies) in the back 4 helps kill counters so much.

That explanation of his release clause makes no sense and seems very improbable. So he just signed a new contract with a release clause, but the release clause has to apply this summer only? When the rest of the explanation says the release clause only applies in their last year, which in guessing is now a few years away.

So how much is his release clause in his last year of his new contract?

Would be a very odd way of doing things. Surely, if anything, his previous release clause for the higher amount is what would still stand this summer.

Couldn't see this posted here. Could be the opportunity Romano mentions.

Does he play on the left side in the central defence?

I wonder if Ole was genuinely looking for a left footed CB and perhaps none were available

That explanation of his release clause makes no sense and seems very improbable. So he just signed a new contract with a release clause, but the release clause has to apply this summer only? When the rest of the explanation says the release clause only applies in their list year, which in guessing is now a few years away.

Would be a very odd way of doing things.

Seems completely nonsensical. If you sign a new contract, the terms of the old contract don’t roll over. I think someone on the internet has probably been collecting info from multiple sources and get very confused - and then people have taken this flawed analysis as fact.

So Telegraph, Times and Ogden reporting this.
Ogden is clueless. Dayot just signed a new contract means the new contract has no release clause can be activated until next year and it also means that the player decided to commit his future for another year with RB Leipzig for another year.
Yes and you just got click baited by him.
Yeah, you came out to be a bit of a chump here. Unless Hirst, Kajumba and Ogden are all clueless of course.

If we could get our defense options down to:

GK: De Gea, Henderson, (Periera)
CB: Maguire, Lindelof, Upamecano and Taunzebe
RB: AWB, Williams
LB Shaw, Regulion

We’d be set for the next 5 years minimum.

I get serious Bailly vibes from him (including from a fitness point of view)

All we need now is a tweet from Simon Stone or the Athletic to confirm we are monitoring the Dayot situation and it's on!

If we could get our defense options down to:

GK: De Gea, Henderson, (Periera)
CB: Maguire, Lindelof, Upamecano and Taunzebe
RB: AWB, Williams
LB Shaw, Regulion

We’d be set for the next 5 years minimum.
I lmagine Laird would displace Williams in that list, but I think Ole fancies Williams to be a John O Shea player who can also cover midfield.

I think Mengi can be added to those centre backs too. I don’t know who Regulon is though. Also Mctominay can cover for when the inevitable injury crisis kicks in.

Last edited:
All we need now is a tweet from Simon Stone or the Athletic to confirm we are monitoring the Dayot situation and it's on!
We need the reliable German and French media outlets to weigh in.

Seems completely nonsensical. If you sign a new contract, the terms of the old contract don’t roll over. I think someone on the internet has probably been collecting info from multiple sources and get very confused - and then people have taken this flawed analysis as fact.
Why? Werners case followed this very example before he moved to Chelsea. If a club and player agrees to roll over the terms then theres nothing nonsensical about it

I fecking love Bailly. It’s a shame how it’s worked out with him. Fitness aside, I think he’s good enough.

I’m with you that Bailly has something, there’s potential there I’ve been championing him since day one but when he has a bad game it’s terrible.
I just think back to last season and PSG.
With the injuries I’m now in the I don’t think he’ll get there camp. His head isn’t quite right when it comes to making decisions, a real shame.

If we get him and Sancho we would have done some incredible business. I don’t see it happening though. Both are extremely difficult to attain this summer.

So how do you pronounce his first name? Is it Day-O? If so there’s a great chant in there.

I would assume Leipzig is evaluating Upamecano's contributions in the coming season a lot higher than just 8M. They have been great in recent years but their position in the top4 is not as settled as you may think and losing out on the Champions League would not only be very costly but also damaging to their project to compete for the Bundesliga title within the next five years.

Anything under 60M probably isn't even of real interest to Leipzig.
Still got Konaté to come back who personally I think is the better player. Then have Mukiele who played a few games at Cb and looked quite promising On top of Klosterman and the other guy who’s name escapes me.

Maybe you’re right and they might not care about losing him for 8mil less a season later.

I’m not even sure I really believe the link anyway. Certainly seems like a strange choice unless they are convinced they can get him cheaper than what the previous release clause was.

Quick question as I’m a little confused here..

Referring to the last two lines of the image mentioning release clause information..

Technically if we agree personal terms with Upamecano, we can basically just go ahead and sign him for €42m ?

That explanation of his release clause makes no sense and seems very improbable. So he just signed a new contract with a release clause, but the release clause has to apply this summer only? When the rest of the explanation says the release clause only applies in their last year, which in guessing is now a few years away.

So how much is his release clause in his last year of his new contract?

Would be a very odd way of doing things. Surely, if anything, his previous release clause for the higher amount is what would still stand this summer.

Yeah I thought it was just me: for anyone confused here’s a mental explanation which totally contradicts the point I am actually trying to explain!

Utter gibberish.

Quick question as I’m a little confused here..

Referring to the last two lines of the image mentioning release clause information..

Technically if we agree personal terms with Upamecano, we can basically just go ahead and sign him for €42m ?
It is a littltle confusing regarding the old and new release clause. But from my understanding of the info it's the €60m release which is still active until end of the new season. So if a club comes to a agreement with the player the €60m release clause can be triggered which would be enough to get the player.

Day-oh, Day-oh, "Up on a Meccano..." Umm....

" - version of Ed?"
" - Christmas Tree?"
" - with Phil Jones' head?"
" - I thought I was being kidnapped?"

What I’ve seen from Upamecano, he doesn’t seem so dominant in the air. Not bad, but not good.
He isn't so dominant and I feel he is a bit short for a CB (the two most dominating CBs in the air, Maguire and VVD are both taller) but unlike Bailly he actually knows how to head a ball. Eric jumps in a duel and ducks his head which is laughable.

Considering Leipzig's approach to the rumours on social media;

and more, i'd be very surprised if this happened this window, i would absolutely love to be proven wrong, as he is the CB i'd go for if we can get someone in, I just don't see it happening because of this contract issue, but I think the only chance we can even land him is this season if we can SOMEHOW convince Leipzig to sell. Next season because of the clause, every top team in the world will be after him.

Considering Leipzig's approach to the rumours on social media;

and more, i'd be very surprised if this happened this window, i would absolutely love to be proven wrong, as he is the CB i'd go for if we can get someone in, I just don't see it happening because of this contract issue, but I think the only chance we can even land him is this season if we can SOMEHOW convince Leipzig to sell. Next season because of the clause, every top team in the world will be after him.

Being cocky on social media can backfire badly... :lol:

If what is being said is true then he's not the CB Ole would want. Ole wants a left footed CB. Upamecano is right footed.

Status
Not open for further replies.