Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Times and Telegraph have reported this but it's not by ManUtd reporters.
Whittel reported our interest in Upamecano and from what I'm hearing he's normally on the money. The Telegraph reporter is a Newcastle correspondent so not sure about him. But it is bank holiday here so maybe we might here more tomorrow from the likes of Ducker, Stones, Hirst etc.

Looks like our interest on player is genuine and have approached Leipzig,now its all up to selling club to decide, they just extended his contract and unless they have right replacement I don't think player would move this summer.

Whittel reported our interest in Upamecano and from what I'm hearing he's normally on the money. The Telegraph reporter is a Newcastle correspondent so not sure about him. But it is bank holiday here so maybe we might here more tomorrow from the likes of Ducker, Stones, Hirst etc.

Luke Edwards is reporting for Telegraph, IIRC he was on tour with ManUtd in 2018-19 preseason. Wrote article almost everyday on us.

As great as it would be to think this board would go VDB, Upamecano, Sancho and Thiago, it just wont happen.

Plus, this is from Ogden only and no one else has weighed in.

Non starter.
That is so brilliant that couldn't possibly be achieved by current United heads

I just get this feeling that United are about to go on a madness in the transfer market.
If we pulled off Upamecano, Sancho along with Van de Beek. Then this forum will be in raptures.
There's something going on regarding Upamecano it seems with multiple reliable outlets/journos backing the original report from Mark Ogden.

I get that feeling too. I'm also half tempted to believe they are after Thiago. Though that would force Fred & others to be sold (fine with me)

I think Board feel threatened by Messi @ City which would tip them into genuine elite status for next 3 years and the heavy spending at Chelsea, both would have massive impact on size of our fan base and future commercial activities. Also they know Liverpool have big financial issues so will likely drop back.

I've watched alot more of Upamecano since you introduced me to him. Yeah, he is a top top talent. if he develops as planned, he will be a beast defender, while also have the elegance of Rio.

That is so brilliant that couldn't possibly be achieved by current United heads
That's just not true. The board have brought in plenty of top players en masse, both for LVG and Mourinho. They may have brought in the wrong players in hindsight, but we font have an issue bring in several high profile players in one window.

With the international games games coming up pre-season is basically over and Leipzig haven't even signed someone to replace Werner or Schick. It would be a bit surprising for them to break up their defense as well now, especially considering he just extended his contract a month ago. If the release clause for next year really is indeed set to €50m you've got to wonder how much he would cost now, €60m? €70m?

Luke Edwards is reporting for Telegraph, IIRC he was on tour with ManUtd in 2018-19 preseason. Wrote article almost everyday on us.
Edwards is now a correspondent for the North East clubs. But I don't think he'd have reported our interest in Upamecano if he didn't have a solid source.

I get that feeling too. I'm also half tempted to believe they are after Thiago. Though that would force Fred & others to be sold (fine with me)

I think Board feel threatened by Messi @ City which would tip them into genuine elite status for next 3 years and the heavy spending at Chelsea, both would have massive impact on size of our fan base and future commercial activities. Also they know Liverpool have big financial issues so will likely drop back.

I've watched alot more of Upamecano since you introduced me to him. Yeah, he is a top top talent. if he develops as planned, he will be a beast defender, while also have the elegance of Rio.

No harm in that, we could do with filtering a few off.

With the international games games coming up pre-season is basically over and Leipzig haven't even signed someone to replace Werner or Schick. It would be a bit surprising for them to break up their defense as well now, especially considering he just extended his contract a month ago. If the release clause for next year really is set to €50m you've got to wonder how much he would cost now, €60m? €70m?
It's gonna be at least €60m IMO. Or else I don't see them selling him.

Do you think that bad experience in the past will hinder our future chances of being able to sign him

Upamecano name-dropped us alongside Real Madrid and Barcelona as 'dream' clubs when he was 18, so I hope not

Seriously,

If they are sure they can land Alcantara and Upamecano, but the only problem is funds, then just sell Pogba now and get these two in.
Then you still have fund to push for Sancho this summer.

Alcantara is perfectly capable to fulfill Pogba's role, and he won't make those silly mistakes which Pogba always does where he losses possession while the team is in attacking transition.

Even in this market, Pogba's value will be around 85 millions. 30 for Alcantara and 55 mil for Upamecano. Thanks for the good memories Pog.

Ultimately Pogba is the type of player Sancho or others of that ilk want to come and play with. He's the biggest (and best in my opinion) player we have.

I doubt we'll be signing another RCB unless we've already accepted bids for Smalling or/and Jones. It's as likely a rumour circulated to let AS Monaco know we're looking elsewhere after they turned down our bid for Benoit Badiashile.

Isn't he left footed though?

Is he is as good as claimed to be it's a good idea to sign him now for a higher fee rather than wait for next summer for his release clause to kick. When you genuinely believe in a talent being top class paying a little extra isn't the huge deal it would be otherwise

Also Times and Telegraph have reported this but it's not by ManUtd reporters.

The United reporters only exist to be club mouthpieces whenever Ed wants his particular slant on things 'leaking' to the press. They're literally last to the actual transfer news of everyone, usually.

I really don't know if we should pay huge sums for a 21 year old CB, however good he may look like now. It will take them 4-5 years to mature and our team needs a more quick fix.

The next few days will be tasty. Dayot and Thiago will dominate the back pages while we leave Sancho for the last day of the transfer window for maximum effect on social media :drool:

I really don't know if we should pay huge sums for a 21 year old CB, however good he may look like now. It will take them 4-5 years to mature and our team needs a more quick fix.
He already look like mature defender, you need to watch his recent performance against Atletico Madrid, got all the qualities that top defenders needs to have.

So until the end of 2020-21 season his release clause is 42 million?

IIRC his previous release clause was around 60 million, so if I understood this correctly, new release clause is applicable until the term of old contract.

He is ready to go into first 11 of pretty much every top team. No waiting for 4-5 yrs

IIRC his previous release clause was around 60 million, so if I understood this correctly, new release clause is applicable until the term of old contract.

Thats not right I think. From everything I read I understood that for signing an extension his release clause gets cut down to 42m but for next summer

That's exactly how I'm understanding that info. If any club has a personal agreement with Upamecano then they have until the end of the 2020/21 season to activate the clause which is still active.

Thats not right I think. From everything I read I understood that for signing an extension his release clause gets cut down to 42m but for next summer

Yeah, that's how I understood it before, the one @Adnan posted has different info.

The next few days will be tasty. Dayot and Thiago will dominate the back pages while we leave Sancho for the last day of the transfer window for maximum effect on social media :drool:
We are not like City and PSG with a limitless well of money.
Also makes me wonder how City hasn't moved on Upamecano, though. He'd still be an upgrade in that big hole of their defense ever since Kompany left.

We are not like City and PSG with a limitless well of money.
Also makes me wonder how City hasn't moved on Upamecano, though. He'd still be an upgrade in that big hole of their defense ever since Kompany left.
Koulibaly is the rumour.

Didn't think there was any chance of this one this summer but I'm getting slowly pulled back in. If we were to somehow pull off VdB, Sancho and Upamecano with respectable outgoings after how we were looking last week that'd an 9/10 window at least for me.

Would a certain spanish midfielder available for a bargain price make it a 10/10 then

Surely we can activate his release clause and leave him there for the season if necessary?

If we can get him over the line it would be fantastic business. I would be very very happy with him Van De Beek & a deep lying playmaker this summer.

That would be very very smart business. Sancho will probably have to be next summer but who knows. I can’t see us signing 4 and I still believe Thiago will be in a Liverpool shirt next season. I hope I’m wrong on both fronts.

That's exactly how I'm understanding that info. If any club has a personal agreement with Upamecano then they have until the end of the 2020/21 season to activate the clause which is still active.
Either way it’s a deal worth pursuing. Not sure how many better promising cbs will be available for that kind of money.

I refuse to believe this is happening until I hear we are preparing a bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.