Dayot Upamecano | Signs for Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
His clause was 60m euros. I think around that
But if they consider selling him, they will invite more to the party. There would be other clubs wanting him for that price, I’d assume

But if they consider selling him, they will invite more to the party. There would be other clubs wanting him for that price, I’d assume
Yes thats the reason no club triggered the clause

He quite literally starts week in and week out for Leipzig already :lol:

If the club want to wait for his clause to be cheaper next summer then that's their prerogative but I very much doubt that we'd win a straight race for his signature with many more top clubs involved given our past history with him

Too much noise but very difficult to believe this rumour. His release clause kicks in next season and there will be more top clubs interested in him next season. Not sure he will want to leave Leipzig this summer.

He quite literally starts week in and week out for Leipzig already :lol:

If the club want to wait for his clause to be cheaper next summer then that's their prerogative but I very much doubt that we'd win a straight race for his signature with many more top clubs involved given our past history with him

So we're wary of spending 50m on a 21 year old, yet did just that with Wan Bissaka last season, and play him every week.
Plus trying to sign someone a year younger who will be over double the fee.

Interesting logic.

That Telegraph article is very speculative tbh.

They don’t have the money. 20-30m seems to be their range. Definitely not 60m on one player.
Sign him on a 5 year deal and sell him for 60m after 3 years if he doesn't extend. Effectively paying 0m for 3 years of service. Not that we need him now after signing Gabriel. But that was the thinking last year when we bid 60m on him.

Literally two bang average journalists link him and both the English and German clubs rush to tweet about his contract. I’m sure if that club had any fans, they’d be embarrassed.

Yeah. Not sure who the journalist is either. He just adds a bit in the end about we’re now after Grealish and have seemingly abandoned our Sancho chase based on nothing.

Find it interesting that this Pete Graves from Sky was saying the same thing earlier about Grealish though

Sign him on a 5 year deal and sell him for 60m after 3 years if he doesn't extend. Effectively paying 0m for 3 years of service. Not that we need him now after signing Gabriel. But that was the thinking last year when we bid 60m on him.
A lot of ifs and buts there. Did they reject the bid or did Dayot not want to come to Arsenal?

So we're wary of spending 50m on a 21 year old, yet did just that with Wan Bissaka last season, and play him every week.
Plus trying to sign someone a year younger who will be over double the fee.

Interesting logic.

Should be all over this if it's only a £10m difference between now and next summer but gut feeling is that it would take nearer to £60m for them to even consider selling him this window

Find it interesting that this Pete Graves from Sky was saying the same thing earlier about Grealish though
Cooper who has much better links to us says Sancho is still number one target. Grealish doesn’t play where Sancho does so they aren’t linked. Maybe we want both. Maybe Joel has seen that City are getting Messi and he’s decided to open the purse strings and go wild on strippers and blow.

Should be all over this if it's only a £10m difference between now and next summer but gut feeling is that it would take nearer to £60m for them to even consider selling him this window

Seeing he's just signed a new deal suggests this is totally off.

Only the doziest agent would have his player sign a new deal, knowing of a big club's interest

I believe his new contract has a release clause of €42m:

Let's just throw some numbers around:
  • Smalling - £18M
  • Rojo, - £3M
  • Jones - £5M
Sales £26M (€29M)

Arguably if you sell those 3, save approximately £200,000p/w on the payroll, but offer Upamecano £80,000p/w for his first contract. the club would save £6.2M (€6.9M) on wages a year.

The club would be around ~€6-12M euros short (factoring wages) but it doesn't seem as far off as we'd think. Upamecano signing could be pretty much have no net loss accounting wise (or so I believe).

Of course Sancho is the big target, but having Upamecano, VDB and Sancho would be a terrific window.

What the hell is this?

I dont understand why RB would lower his release clause after a new deal is signed. Something weird about that, maybe it could be done if we paid enough now

Cooper who has much better links to us says Sancho is still number one target. Grealish doesn’t play where Sancho does so they aren’t linked. Maybe we want both. Maybe Joel has seen that City are getting Messi and he’s decided to open the purse strings and go wild on strippers and blow.

Hopeful we can still get Jadon over the line and despite needing a CB more I want to us at least enquire if Thiago would actually be open to the move

I dont understand why RB would lower his release clause after a new deal is signed. Something weird about that, maybe it could be done if we paid enough now

He had 1 year left on contract, he would have been a free agent.

Sellers club in denying they want to sell players shocker. The German club sagas are so tedious.

A low buy out is a way for the player to secure a very high salary with the new club. If he didn’t sign at all the club might be pissed off and put him on the bench. This is my guess at least. Or he likes it at Leipzig. Got to play CL semis after all.

People asking why we didn't make the move for him before he signed the new contract can thank Covid-19 for that.

In a normal season we would have seen his Atletico performance in April and have a couple of months to move for the player in the summer window. As it turned out, he signed his new contract, as normal, date dependent, and then all suitors got to see him in a big CL game that would have made their collective minds up about him.

You might ask why, if we're going to move for him anyway, we didn't pull the trigger early, but seeing those kind of CL performances tends to be the icing on the cake which turns maybes into certainties.

Status
Not open for further replies.