Day 9: Cameroon vs Serbia | South Korea vs Ghana | Brazil vs Switzerland | Portugal vs Uruguay

Both teams gave us arguably the most entertaining game of this WC. Stranger things have happened than Brazil getting beat.
I think you are better off having to beat Brazil than speculating with getting a draw. You don't have the tools or personnel to play out such a game, never have.
Our only hope is Brazil already being qualified and guaranteed first place (big win tonight) so they play their reserves. With everything to play for against a Brazil team for which it would be more of a glorified friendly, we just might spring a surprise. Won't be the first surprise of the tournament. However, we also need other results to go our way so I'm not that confident. We really needed to get something from the Swiss game. One minute's loss of concentration and here we are... The big stage is always tough for African teams.

Looking forward to watching Kudus again

One minute's loss of concentration is always tough for African teams.
Fixed that for you.

That's why you are better off just having to win. And yes, I do think Brazil would be stupid not to rest/test players being on 6 points. Should still win, but it could be a cracker.

He's been great for Bayern this season too scoring a goal every game, to the point where he's become a regular starter. Don't know how that's happened but here we are :lol:
I guess becoming a starter at Bayern (and then earning that spot by delivering the numbers) has boosted his confidence enormously. Really happy for him to see him do it for his NT as well, would pay money to have him for the German team.

I always hated it when people said "I had took a shit and missed 2 goals". Sounded so fake.
But this time, I really took a dump and game went from 1-2 to 3-3 :(

I guess becoming a starter at Bayern (and then earning that spot by delivering the numbers) has boosted his confidence enormously. Really happy for him to see him do it for his NT as well, would pay money to have him for the German team.
One a side not and slightly offtopic, our RB backup is Stanišić, what's your take on him?

I am absolutely fuming that Piksi didn't choose to sit back and play for the counters with a 3-1 lead. This can not happen. He knows we have a leaky defense, they have shown that several times before this tourney began. Idiots!!!

Our only hope is Brazil already being qualified and guaranteed first place (big win tonight) so they play their reserves. With everything to play for against a Brazil team for which it would be more of a glorified friendly, we just might spring a surprise. Won't be the first surprise of the tournament. However, we also need other results to go our way so I'm not that confident. We really needed to get something from the Swiss game. One minute's loss of concentration and here we are... The big stage is always tough for African teams.
It is always tough for the African teams because they play with a defensive naivety that established European and South American usually don’t. This is what makes it great viewing to watch African teams in my opinion and I always cheers them on. The main countries who play possession based and defensive football, whilst its technically better, can be extremely boring to watch. Give me the gung ho end to end football any day. I hope Cameoon go far.

I am absolutely fuming that Piksi didn't choose to sit back and play for the counters with a 3-1 lead. This can not happen. He knows we have a leaky defense, they have shown that several times before this tourney began. Idiots!!!
Its strange, you guys really look bad, it seemed you took the foot of the gas at 3-1 and got complacent.

One a side not and slightly offtopic, our RB backup is Stanišić, what's your take on him?
He has not played a lot for Bayern, but he could still be here for a while. Especially if Pavard leaves he will probably be second to Mazraoui (as things stand currently) and get more playtime.

I always hated it when people said "I had took a shit and missed 2 goals". Sounded so fake.
But this time, I really took a dump and game went from 1-2 to 3-3 :(
14mins is a long time for a shit, everything ok? Should watch it on a mobile during though

Its strange, you guys really look bad, it seemed you took the foot of the gas at 3-1 and got complacent.

We really do. Getting burned like that once can happen but twice in like 5 mins is ridiculous. It was clearly Milenkovic' fault but to me this is on the coach. This Cameroon side needs space to be dangerous and if you deny them that, you win yourself that game. Bottling 3-1 is emberrassing, we went from looking like prime Barcelona during that goal to absolute amateurs.

I've had a soft spot for Ghana ever since 2010. They're my second African team.. which basically means my first as South Africa are so crap.

We really do. Getting burned like that once can happen but twice in like 5 mins is ridiculous. It was clearly Milenkovic' fault but to me this is on the coach. This Cameroon side needs space to be dangerous and if you deny them that, you win yourself that game. Bottling 3-1 is emberrassing, we went from looking like prime Barcelona during that goal to absolute amateurs.
Yeah, I mean you opened too much, at 3-1 go back a little let them have the ball, go on counters, not vice versa. Seems you have injury problems in the team too?

I've had a soft spot for Ghana ever since 2010. They're my second African team.. which basically means my first as South Africa are so crap.
Me too. As a kid watching their game vs Uruguay in quarterfinals that year, I was close to tears after they lost on penalties, with Asamoah Gyan previously hitting the crossbar in 120th minute from penalty spot. They were as close as possible to becoming 1st African team to reach semis of World Cup.

Same. I was at their both knock out games. I and my friend thought Anthony Annan would be good enough to play in Premier league, funnily enough he ended up playing in Finland for the last ~7 years

Big fan of the Korea kit colour

Their away kit is lovely.

b12a1b21e2fd65b82a45c98b1c0f8d9f_750x.jpeg