Day 7 | Slovenia vs Serbia | Denmark vs England | Spain vs Italy

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Can't honestly tell if we're crap or they're incredible

Stadjer

I think I have been saying for nearly six years now how Barella is the one player I’d want us to sign, more than anyone else. And every time I watch him play I am reminded why. Just such a brilliant midfielder.
He is great. You never hear anything about any club wanting to sign him though. I suppose he is happy at Inter and wants to stay in Italy?

izec

What the hell did Luis Enrique do with Fabian Ruiz and Vitinha? Both look absolutely incredible this year and miles better than they used to.
Vitinha has been great at Porto, so continued at PSG. Ruiz was dogshit though. Enrique held him back if anything. I dont think he had a good season.

KeanoMagicHat

I remember Scholes saying midfield was about getting the ball and playing the wingers in dangerous positions, Spain have that down and it’s great to watch.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's a so strange to see an italian team without a single elite technician.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Italians playing way too direct. Just booting the ball needlessly.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I remember Scholes saying midfield was about getting the ball and playing the wingers in dangerous positions, Spain have that down and it’s great to watch.
Italy EURO 2020 was great at this. Insigne & Chiesa were very threatening all tournament long.

ManUtd1999

Hate neck tattoos, every single one is horrible.
I don’t like any tattoos, but yes, those on the neck are the worst.

Italy deserves credit for handling this Spanish pressure. But for how long?!

If Italy scores first, I wonder how Spain handles it.

criticalanalysis

Is Chiesa the only wide Italian player with some speed?

Not counting Dimarco, who seems like he can go a run as he's coming from deep.

MrWilliams

To those who follow La Liga, why the older Williams bro not called up ?
Chose to play for his parent’s homeland, Ghana. I don’t think Spain fancied him to be honest because it wasn’t until 2022 he got capped for Ghana, almost 6 yrs after he made his first friendly appearance for Spain’s senior team.

I think the Spanish FA learned their lesson with Nico and capped him early. The modern game requires technique in addition to athleticism. Yamal and Nico give Spain the pace on the wings and ability play far more vertically.

ManUtd1999

Spain are seriously good.
We don’t know how they will do later in this tournament. But, 90% of the teams in this tournament would’ve been today down a goal or two against Spain playing like this. The fact that it’s still 0-0 is remarkable.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
He is great. You never hear anything about any club wanting to sign him though. I suppose he is happy at Inter and wants to stay in Italy?
I guess so. But you have to feel that if we’d gone big for him a long time ago, and showed him how much we wanted him, we could’ve gotten him. Would’ve doubled his wages, played in the best league etc.

To be honest I’m surprised Barca never went after him. He’d have been perfect for them. You know, back when they were spending money they didn’t have.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Pedri has been underwhelming so far in both games. Don’t watch Barca to comment but it does feel like those injuries have really capped him

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He actually said that about Phillips? My oh my :lol:
What’s even worse is he could try Wharton in the role. Instead, he opts for a clueless RB and then a clueless ball-carrying, average passing player as the back up.

Southgate has over a billion in talent at his disposal and is pining for Kalvin Phillips. There are no words.