Day 7 | Slovenia vs Serbia | Denmark vs England | Spain vs Italy

henrysquire

Well... that was dull. Watkins needs to start next match. Need Gordon on the left. Put Mainoo in for Trent. Palmer in for Saka.

Sgreddevil

any possibility that we can get Guehi? he looks composed, strong and look far mature for his age, similar to Mainoo.

Smacky The Frog

Denmark were pretty poor too (so many unnecessary fouls and give-aways) but that has been completely overshadowed by England's insipid performance.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What do you think @giorno . I think we are better but I have an inherent fear of Italia so I'll take a draw :p

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Palmer and Gordon watching on, bemused.

Just goes to show how an inept manager can make even the strongest international squad in the world right now look shite.
To be fair hobs, I think that's Palmer's one and only facial expression.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
After watching that dreadful game I’m hoping it’s save the best till last. Spain and Italy shouldn’t disappoint

Yagami

Good post resistant
@giorno , no, don't apologise! I'm sorry for taking offence when it clearly wasn't intended to be. I love you as a poster (regardless of how much we disagree on Southgate :lol:) and was just fed up of Southgate ball :lol:

diarm

It’s better for Mainoo that he’s not getting exposed to this shite. You saw in the last warmup game how quickly the wolves were out for him and he’d be the sacrificial lamb here as well.

I wonder how many of the “journalists” who were claiming he let Rice down that day will be out to apologise to him after these two games?

fallengt

Palmer case is Rashford's situation again
Player had an amazing season but Southgate keeps him on bench for god knows reason.

TheGame

Sure. You still missed a penalty to send it to extra time. Seriously, you cannot possibly believe that not playing Rashford had a greater impact on the result than missing a freaking penalty. That's my point essentially. Managers can feck up at this level. Most do. Their feck ups very rarely are the main reason why their teams lose. Sometimes they majorly screw up and their teams still win. It's single game elimination generally played by a bunch of knackered dudes running on pride and patriotic fervor more than anything. It's decided by individual episodes

I apologize. Didn't figure it was offensive

Yes, I'm fully aware of it. I'm about to get x10 more unhinged in an hour too
Yes we missed a penalty but our performance was pathethic. You don't think leaving you're top scorer on the bench doesnt have a massive impact. Southgate has been fecking up in most of the tournaments now. He is awful and that is the view shared by alot of English fans. As for last comment :lol: , that has got to be one of the most stupidest comments I've seen. Might as well do away with managers in that case.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Sure. You still missed a penalty to send it to extra time. Seriously, you cannot possibly believe that not playing Rashford had a greater impact on the result than missing a freaking penalty. That's my point essentially. Managers can feck up at this level. Most do. Their feck ups very rarely are the main reason why their teams lose. Sometimes they majorly screw up and their teams still win. It's single game elimination generally played by a bunch of knackered dudes running on pride and patriotic fervor more than anything. It's decided by individual episodes
May as well just get rid of international managers then and just have some sort of director of football type picking a squad and then sending 11 players out to play with "pride and patriotic fervor". Just let the captains decide the tactics.

Smacky The Frog

Concentrating the analysis on individual players is missing the forest for the trees. I can't believe we're doing this again.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I think one of Kane, Foden, Bellingham has to be dropped. Huge call who and that’s why you need a big manager to make it work but England managers tend to just put all the big names on the pitch and hope for the best.
I definitely agree but I'd say it's between Jude and Foden. I'd bench Jude tbh

RoyH1

I genuinely can't get over how bad Rice was. Just unbelievably shit.
He was awful. He should watch an entire 80 minutes of the game with the cameras following Hjulmand who was much better

Adz_99

To leave Man Uniteds £100m midfielder on the bench, and the PL second top goal scorer and instead bring on Watkins of Villa, Eze of Palace and West Hams Bowen is absolutely insane.

Says all you need to know about Southgate. Useless. Hope to god he never comes to United.

dugilrath

Supports
Forest
Kanes the scapegoat here on the bbc, no mention of southgate's ineptitude. Total misdirection.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What do you think @giorno . I think we are better but I have an inherent fear of Italia so I'll take a draw :p
We'll either crush you under our feet like bugs or Spalletti is a moron, our players are all crap unfit to breath our air and we need to do a revolution