Day 7 | Slovenia vs Serbia | Denmark vs England | Spain vs Italy

RoyH1

I definitely agree but I'd say it's between Jude and Foden. I'd bench Jude tbh
No way. Jude is a baller in a way weak system player Foden is not. The former can play shit and still score a brace while Foden needs everything working out for him and the team to tick. A disjointed lot like Southgate’s England needs players that can make something out of nothing.

whitbyviking

May as well just get rid of international managers then and just have some sort of director of football type picking a squad and then sending 11 players out to play with "pride and patriotic fervor". Just let the captains decide the tactics.
England would probably be better

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I agree Denmark should done better tonight. England were dreadful and they still didn't force a decent save out of Pickford.
7 shots on target. They had the opportunities just fecked it up. As I said, they'll be disappointed they didn't win.

If a top team turns up and is as poor as we were today, you'd be pissed you didn't take the opportunity to grab the three points. They outplayed us ultimately just couldn't finish us off.

Pretty amusing that the media have finally realised how shite Southgate is. No fecking shit. :lol:

Demyanenko_square_jaw

Southgate's evident mediocrity aside, it's been obvious for a long time that many England players just really struggle with the extra pressure of international tournaments.The drought since '66 looms over them and if they do break it, my bet is that even with a much better manager, it'll be a grinding effort punctuated with moments of individual talent rather than with aesthetically pleasing, coherent football producing a legendary win.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yes we missed a penalty but our performance was pathethic. You don't think leaving you're top scorer on the bench doesnt have a massive impact. Southgate has been fecking up in most of the tournaments now. He is awful and that is the view shared by alot of English fans. As for last comment :lol: , that has got to be one of the most stupidest comments I've seen. Might as well do away with managers in that case.
In international football? Their job is to not feck up the call ups, keep the players happy, create a good emvironment, then send your best team out and get the feck out of the way.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
7 shots on target. They had the opportunities just fecked it up. As I said, they'll be disappointed they didn't win.
I would have saved the same 6 out of 7 Pickford did. Denmark huffed and puffed but created no real chances. They should be disappointed with the result considering England were utter hot garbage.

Dazzmondo

:lol: England. Favourites for the tournament :smirk:

Looking forward to Italy vs Spain. First match between 2 top sides at the Euros so far.

El Jefe

Best job in football?
He’s shit but has been in the job for 8 years and is paid extremely handsomely.

Spend the best part of two years beating shite teams in qualifying and travelling across Europe all expenses paid to watch players he has no clue on how to use.

It’s an awesome gig.

TheGame

In international football? Their job is to not feck up the call ups, keep the players happy, create a good emvironment, then send your best team out and get the feck out of the way.
There is a number of factors involved during the game, picking the best squad, getting the best out of players who you have for a limited time, tactics, responding to the other team, making effective subs, changing tactics in the middle of the game. To think its just players running around is silly.

diarm

If Micah Richard’s doesn’t cut those angles in his hair, does he just have no forehead?

MoskvaRed

The back 5 is generally ok defensively but not great offensively. The midfield is a disaster - Trent is a fish out of water, Bellingham is doing a Stevie Me impression and Rice looked pissed today. Upfront Kane is a problem (an immobile goal scorer like late era Shearer) while Foden is clearly talented but out of position.

Four tournaments in and Southgate serves up disjointed, chaotic performances like Jackson Pollock dripping dogshit on a pristine white England shirt.

rpitchfo

Kane basically saying they don’t know what Southgate is asking them to do.

killerboi2

Foden is average without the city players making him look much better than he is.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I would have saved the same 6 out of 7 Pickford did. Denmark huffed and puffed but created no real chances. They should be disappointed with the result considering England were utter hot garbage.
Which was my point.

For what it's worth, people who are pissed right now should be directing that not at Southgate. But the FA and media for continuing to support a man that clearly was inept at his job. Should have gone four years ago after that horrific Final against Italy.

Koldbeer2021

Supports
West Ham
Loved him saying that we got a result tonight…it was a scraping the barrel draw.
I mean is he just on automatic. Does he think we've won?

1-1 is if anything flattering to us. Denmark were the stronger, if still not great.

Withnail

Walker claiming it's just tournament football (he kept repeating that for some reaon) and it was a deserved draw. Ignoring the fact that they played terribly.

Raven

He was awful. He should watch an entire 80 minutes of the game with the cameras following Hjulmand who was much better
He should play the next game on the bench. He was worse that Rolstan was for Scotland last night.

Doracle

Shift Bellingham to 8, Foden to 10 and bring probably Eze into LW.

Stop bringing Gallagher on in any circumstances and use Mainoo or TAA as the change option. Also get Palmer on at RW if you are going to sub Saka.

Doracle

Southgate just genuinely said that England are struggling to replace Kalvin Phillips.